Two-Player Local Split-Screen!

Jatheish

I have a couple of questions too, maybe a blue could answer here or in the next digest:

1. On xbox how will the split-screen save work? If I am on my profile (as player one) and my girlfriend on her profile (as player 2) when we play split-screen as a local game will she be able to login later as single player and continue on her own in our splitscreen game? Or will I have to be logged in even if absent for her to access that world?

2. Related to question one above, when split-screen is added will my partner be able to just join me in my already local singleplayer save world Without loss of progress for me? Or is it a seperate save and we both have to start from scratch?

3. What if we both have a local single player save on each of our profiles already how do those existing saves work with splitscreen?

4. I assume we will be tethered in splitscreen due to hardware limitations can you confirm this and if so what will be the range?

Thanks!

I absolutely love that there is a single player option, and am really excited about the split screen too! Online gaming is not really fun for me, and often technical issues ruins my fun if I try. I love that I can play this at home for hours and just enjoy my own little dinotopia, but I also love the idea of my husband joining me and sharing, but not having to deal with other people or server time out, or any of that other joy killing junk. Thanks devs, and please keep this trend strong! When will split screen be available for xbox 1?

Please, please  don't limit this feature to offline only. I live with someone who also loves Ark, and when I heard about the Splitscreen I was so excited that she and I might actually get to play together, but we both agree, if there's no risk/reward of interacting with other Survivors, there's not a lot of enjoyment to be had. Only being able to play splitscreen offline will contribute very little to the overall Ark experience. 

On 16/12/2015 at 3:15 AM, rpicardi1 said:

Don't use your 360 controller. It's internal electronics will not be compatible with the PC even if it has a USB connector.

Wrong. I've used 360 and XB1 controllers and both work perfectly. They even make a wired 360 For PC controller that is identical to a standard wired 360 controller.

Im REALLY REALLY excited that ARK is having local splitscreen! This is the ONLY game my girlfriend will play with as much enthusiasm as me, and ACTUALLY looks forward to playing when she gets back from work! Thank you Wildcard for bringing this feature into the game as it gets EXTREMELY difficult to wrestle the controller from her hands when I want to play. GREAT game and thanks again!