Two-Player Local Split-Screen!

Jatheish

These Devs make so many of my dreams come true. Incredibly addictive Dino survival game that I can play with my wife at home? The ONLY thing that could make it better is dual monitor support so we both can have our full screen. 

I would buy this game 3x over to play dual monitor local coop on my PC right now. I would throw money at this cause. 

You devs, stay awesome. 

On 16/12/2015 at 4:00 AM, Drake said:

Yeah splitscreen is for PC and Xbox One. That was a little mistake in the Gamespot article ;)

And yes it will work with mouse-keyboard too -- one player can use the mouse/keyboard in one of the screens, the other player can use gamepad. So you can use splitscreen with just one gamepad if you want! (or two gamepads, etc)

Really? be realistic please, I bought gamepad only for ARK, DON'T WORK BECAUSE ISN'T XBOX GAMEPAD!

Change the "Steam Store Info" Full Controller Support

or

Add Full Controller Support !

Please...

Edited by Neizan

On 12/16/2015 at 8:54 AM, Lacking Rhythm said:

Ahhh! I'm so excited for this, I'll finally have reason to hook my computer up to the TV instead of my tiny monitor! Question though, would I be able to use two controllers at once with PC? How would that work, I've never tried to use my Xbox 360 controllers with my PC, so I don't know how it would work. 

It should work.

I currently have 4 ps3 controllers hooked up to my pc via bluetooth (or I can use usb), and the way I have them set up my pc thinks they are actually Xbox 360 controllers.

I have used all four controllers at the same time on several games without any problems.

On 12/16/2015 at 7:24 PM, jimmyragnarok said:

@Jat According to these two articles, the split-screen functionality will be limited to Xbox One.  Which is correct?  I really really hope to see this for PC as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ark-survival-evolved-xbox-one-getting-two-player-l/1100-6433137/

http://www.gamezone.com/news/ark-survival-evolved-getting-local-split-screen-on-xbox-one-3431142

wait, only xbox? what about ps4?

5 hours ago, EvilChaosDX said:

Will you be able to play on a dedicated server? Or more to the point will you be tethered or not? 

Devs..........you have done an AMAZING job at this and I completely commend you for all of the efforts. However, this is THE problem (if there is one to be had) with this game. Tethering is quite "old school", although I do understand the loading zone argument of this debate. However, there are multiple games that push the graphics to the limit that are completely un-tethered. I do not prefer playing on dedicated for right now as I learn, however my friends do not all care to join me in my non-dedicated (cant blame them) because we basically cant get anything done in an efficient manner. This.....will be (if there is to be one) the down fall of this. I for one, will still play, but will just simply wait until it fully releases before I feel comfortable putting in hours upon hours into a character, as I want to ensure that all of this will not be wiped. I would still like to play with friends and tethering is NEVER going to allow this. Please respond in regards to this.

I have been reading up on this game on Steam. The fact they are going to add a splitscreen is a big selling point.

With the Steam Link (I own) and Steam Machines they are bringing PC gaming into the living room. So hopefully the feature will become standard in future PC games.

As soon as I hear splitscreen is working and an available feature I will be buying this game.