Info Regarding Holiday Event on Consoles

Jen

Hello console Survivors!

Later this week (on Thursday) we'll be doing a server-side only update for Xbox and PS4 to enable the console holiday event content to coincide with the patch on PC. We will also be providing info on how to have access to the event content on your non-dedicated or dedicated servers and singleplayer games.

The holiday event for consoles this year will be smaller than the PC event due to end-of-year closures of the certification teams, meaning we are not able to push a full build through quality assurance in time to enable all of the holiday features from the past year. However, going forward we'll continue to improve our process regarding preparing for these lead-times. Do not despair, there will still be some fun holiday themed items to collect!

More info coming Thursday, see you then!

:Jerblove:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...once again you come in last minute telling us we don't get everything and a delay. It was supposed to come December 19th.

Same happened with Halloween and after that fiasco you guys promised you will make it for Christmas.

I have no problems with some missed content temporarily here and there. The problem I have is that you make promises you can't keep all the time. Your lifes would be so much easier if you stopped make promises you don't know if you can keep.

Was this the Xbox anniversary surprise or what?

3 minutes ago, MrKudden said:

So...once again you come in last minute telling us we don't get everything and a delay. It was supposed to come December 19th.

Same happened with Halloween and after that fiasco you guys promised you will make it for Christmas.

I have no problems with some missed content temporarily here and there. The problem I have is that you make promises you can't keep all the time. Your lifes would be so much easier if you stopped make promises you don't know if you can keep.

Was this the Xbox anniversary surprise or what?

I was just thinking this aswell.

you would think that after the turkey trial issue they would have the christmas event on point. But no... console players paid for the game just like pc but twice in a row you cant get a finished product out for console. Its not like the end of the year snuck up on anyone...

Huge let down... 

You guys have hands down the worst development team, you have untimely delivery, you treat your players unfairly with biased updating, your community managers ignore most players, your moderators take weeks to solve issues, and your stuff barely hiccups through being a "game". With the potential of this game and the loyalty of your player base you guys should put a little m9re effort into being a decent game developer. This is absolutely unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, Kai905 said:

I was just thinking this aswell.

you would think that after the turkey trial issue they would have the christmas event on point. But no... console players paid for the game just like pc but twice in a row you cant get a finished product out for console. Its not like the end of the year snuck up on anyone...

Huge let down... 

Exactly! And they promised. They where so sorry and wanted to make it up for us and now this? Yeah right

The sad thing is that their word and promises means nothing to me anymore. I even dropped my dedicated server I ran for over 6 months because of this (partly)

What amazes me is that no one is ever happy, if you're just going to complain then don't play it. People gotta realize everything has to go through certain channels before it can actually show up on the consoles. That takes time it's not an instant put it on through. Also the consoles can't handle half of what Ark really looks like on the PC. They don't have the capability, if they did it would probably be easier for them to give you everything you want. The PC is always going to get things quicker and better then us console players will ever get. You can't get mad at them over every single thing all it does is make you seem like spoiled children. I can't wait to see what they bring in the next update on the Xbox and the PC and playing the crap out of both. 

This is bull, ive been playing since PC week 2 and i can tell you since release on xbox its been one after another empty promises for us console players i get my fulfillment on the pc but its not fun for me. Everyone i play with is on xbox and i wanna enjoy all the things i get on pc with my console friends! You guys at WC apparently dont seem to care about the cosole which is over 75% of your player base on all systems and we seem to get shafted week after week and month after month. How do you expect to make full release if you cant fullfil your deadlines? How do you expect to keep player moral up and player base on servers up? You charge $20 for a dlc but yet can't provide a server side holiday update. Look at your last fiasco you'll had at halloween a darn petition was made to have the game have the content put in it! Im done with this game for a while and ill be back in a year once you finally make full release (if you dont pull it from the shelves (oh wait its only digital)) i cant even trade it in to get part of my money back for both the dlc and base game that im 100% disappointed in and sick of being lied too!

24 minutes ago, Trishykitty said:

What amazes me is that no one is ever happy, if you're just going to complain then don't play it. People gotta realize everything has to go through certain channels before it can actually show up on the consoles. That takes time it's not an instant put it on through. Also the consoles can't handle half of what Ark really looks like on the PC. They don't have the capability, if they did it would probably be easier for them to give you everything you want. The PC is always going to get things quicker and better then us console players will ever get. You can't get mad at them over every single thing all it does is make you seem like spoiled children. I can't wait to see what they bring in the next update on the Xbox and the PC and playing the crap out of both. 

Its the same old stuff with players like you, pc master race there are 100's of games on both pc and console that look damn near the same, that have the same events, that both run smooth! Stop using the pc master race as an excuse! Its lazy business practice on WC card higher more staff, how much have they made on this game already and its not even fully released, its made more $ then games that are made by bigger dev and that are fully out? Bring in more employees to get things done. If they can charge $$ for dlc they should be able to deliver on there never ending promises! If they can charge 50 total for game and DLC players like me who have adapted this game 2 years ago should feel some what entitled we've been through the thick and thin, we've reported bugs we've helped develop to an extent for those that report that is if you dont your still helping because data is logged on the server side. So yes all survivors should be entitled until the game is in full release this is 2 years in a row we've been shafted of an event thats has been long waited for! Ive been grinding since the announcement to gather crystal for the holiday lights on official server now it seems pointless if i cant decorate! Seem weird were being asked to be quiet on a subject that was announced to come out today, but yet were acting entitled!

If they charge for a game that they're bringing from pc to console... im damn well entitled to the same product if im paying same price. They're not saying its due to xbox not being able to handle it. They're saying they couldnt get it done in time AGAIN...If it was just late thats one thing im ok with, but to say sorry you're not getting it because our staff couldnt get their crap together for the 2nd time in a row... thats an issue that has to be solved asap

40 minutes ago, Trishykitty said:

People aren't happy because of ongoing terrible communication. People are quite graceful when they are not lied to and treated like they don't matter (via poor, late, and inconsistent communication). I'm not upset personally because I've lowered my standards for what to expect from them. And this announcement is hardly surprising given the fact that the Co-founder cannot spare 7 minutes to update a forum post, but will take the time to make several cryptic updates on twitter. 

And I agree that they may not be able to make deadlines, but given that they knew that Christmas was coming the same day it always does, they could have tried to get it together with a bit more success. 

But it's just a game. A great game; but just a game. So while I won't spend a ton of time trying to defend a company's bad choices, bad time management, lack of integrity, and terrible communication, I will just continue to enjoy this experience and wait to see what unique experiences they deliver eventually, because one thing is for sure - they make great content. 

From the look at the comments on this post...

Some of you sound like you are experts and should apply for dev jobs. You sound like you'd be great at running the show with your higher than thou expectations. 

..Or are you just professional whingers with no lives who have nothing else better to do but to be toxic and fling vitriol over something as trivial as a video game. I'd say the latter rather than the former. 

You're literally crying over Christmas in a video game being late. That's beyond sad. 

Just go play something else/go outside and cool off. The devs have work life balance to deal with too and not a single one of you people recognise or appreciate that. You're too busy assuming you are a qualified business operations manager, and someone is draining your funds and tarnishing your business name, and torturing your family pets. Grow up.  F*** sake.

2 minutes ago, Mungo said:

From the look at the comments on this post...

Some of you sound like you are experts and should apply for dev jobs. 

Or just go play something else/go outside and cool off. F*** sake.

Bruh, you have 35 posts and 9 rep, obviously your opinion does not match everyone else's. Go away.

Furthermore, if I got hired as a GM or community manager lies might stop getting told and the PLAYERS voice that created my job would actually get heard for a change. But instead they decide to hire a whole bunch of techies to do a customer service job and nothing changes. I love this game, with all my heart I really do, but I've seen when developers get in the idc what the players think mindset and it turns into destiny. It's time for a real change.

6 minutes ago, Mungo said:

Don't "bruh" me. You're a blabbering man child with nothing nice to say, you're only being divisive. How does insults and hate do anything positive to the devs? Try changing your tone and attitude, and be a good person who provides constructive criticism rather than spewing the nonsense you posted earlier. 

Odd, still only see 9 rep.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived