Console - Update on Current Patches

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys!

Fair few questions going about the two recent updates that just occurred so hopefully this thread will clear up some of those concerns.

Xbox

- We just had a server deployment to resolve an issue related to memory usage, it would have primarily affected The Center servers.

- The update that will fix the Primitive+ game mode is currently with Microsoft, once we hear back from them on whether we've passed, we'll be able to deploy. The only changes were crash-fixes compared to the last build we submitted, so it should pass and hopefully we can get that out to you as soon as possible

PlayStation

- Where are the PGMs!

These will be arriving in an early patch in January. It still needs a bit more work before it is stable enough to release to the live environment.

- Invite Problems

We fixed multiple cases with invites not working however, these would not have affected all players, and it's possible that players may have been affected by more than one case. There are still going to be cases where the invites aren't working, but we're working with Abstraction to get them resolved as soon as possible. (It's like that song, bottles on the wall, you've taken some bottles down but there's still some to go... however, we're confident we'll have em, or at least the primary problem ones sorted out soon)

- What was the point of this patch then?

It enabled an additional graphic option which will allow you to turn modify the state of vsync (can lead to higher performance if turned off / set to adaptive). It also added content from version 252, including the redesigned caves and four new creatures: 

As well as massive memory savings and content for the upcoming Holiday event. We would advise you bookmark the Patch Notes thread to keep up to date w/ the latest info:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jat said:

There is more to be worked on of course, but these are the most common questions we get :).

i have stated on here and on your twitter about dedicated servers not showing up so friends can play together and yet you ignore it. it is not just a invite problem it is a server issue and yet we have not been given even a work around to get servers working 

• Administrator
Just now, EchoingTime said:

Jat will you be reading page 4 and on for the ark digest? I arrived late and hope it's not just the first few pages.

Before the Digest is posted all the pages are usually gone through, unfortunately there isn't enough time to really answer them all so we pick a handful and re-post the thread every so often. 

7 minutes ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

i have stated on here and on your twitter about dedicated servers not showing up so friends can play together and yet you ignore it. it is not just a invite problem it is a server issue and yet we have not been given even a work around to get servers working 

If you are looking for your dedicated to show up on the list in the server browser consistently that is not going to happen. It's been an issue since Xbox launch.  

1 minute ago, Rickyh24 said:

If you are looking for your dedicated to show up on the list in the server browser consistently that is not going to happen. It's been an issue since Xbox launch.  

it doesn't show up at all that is the issue obviously there is a work around because there are server but no one is opening up on what that work around is 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

Abstraction are already looking into this issue too, not sure if it's related to player invites or not. Though if you refresh, you should start to see more and more display. If you set the game to private, it won't display at all. 

5 minutes ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

it doesn't show up at all that is the issue obviously there is a work around because there are server but no one is opening up on what that work around is 

I'm just letting you know I've been running an Xbox Server since launch. It's never been on the list. My players join through the "join game" option in their friends list. 

2 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

I'm just letting you know I've been running an Xbox Server since launch. It's never been on the list. My players join through the "join game" option in their friends list. 

Mine join same the same way.  My server has even been on the list lately but joining through the friends list is so much quicker.

4 minutes ago, Jat said:

Abstraction are already looking into this issue too, not sure if it's related to player invites or not. Though if you refresh, you should start to see more and more display. If you set the game to private, it won't display at all. 

im not talking non dedicated im talking player dedicated 

Archived