Max wyvern egg level

Ekoby

Hello,

What is the max level a wyvern egg can be?

I am on a cluster if that affects the level (official PVP).

I have a 185 egg in the fridge at the moment, but am I right in thinking the max is higher?

Did some searches but cant find a definitive answer and plenty saying a lot lower than 185 is max....

Can anyone settle this question once and for all?

• Volunteer Moderator

@Ekoby

According to the Wiki: 

The maximum level of the egg's parents is the highest ideal tame level on Scorched Earth of 180 (120 X 150%). Alpha wyverns can also lay eggs, increasing the maximum to 190.

On our server, where max level is 150 wild, the highest we have found is 190.

It appears to be based on the levels of the wyverns near the nest.  I theory, a server admin could remove all of the wild wyverns and then spawn in a bunch of 190s, and you should get 190 eggs.  If true, to increase your odds of getting good eggs, you need to kill off the low level wyverns, and leave the high level ones alone.

Just now, Jerryn said:

@Ekoby

According to the Wiki: 

The maximum level of the egg's parents is the highest ideal tame level on Scorched Earth of 180 (120 X 150%). Alpha wyverns can also lay eggs, increasing the maximum to 190.

On our server, where max level is 150 wild, the highest we have found is 190.

It appears to be based on the levels of the wyverns near the nest.  I theory, a server admin could remove all of the wild wyverns and then spawn in a bunch of 190s, and you should get 190 eggs.  If true, to increase your odds of getting good eggs, you need to kill off the low level wyverns, and leave the high level ones alone.

Well thats embarrassing, I didnt see that on gamepedia.

So my 185, that would be from two alpha wyverns? 

Any egg above 180 is from alpha wyverns. is that what it means?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

Well thats embarrassing, I didnt see that on gamepedia.

So my 185, that would be from two alpha wyverns? 

Any egg above 180 is from alpha wyverns. is that what it means?

I think the game only takes into account 1 wyvern(doesn't need a pair).  Not even sure if it cares they are male or female; though no proof of that.

However, I believe your 185 would have come from an alpha wyvern based on what the Wiki says.

Though, I always take the Wiki with a grain of salt, as it has been wrong, from time to time.

Just now, Jerryn said:

I think the game only takes into account 1 wyvern(doesn't need a pair).  Not even sure if it cares they are male or female; though no proof of that.

However, I believe your 185 would have come from an alpha wyvern based on what the Wiki says.

Hmm, only reason I say that is because the egg mentions the level of both wyverns from what I can remember (not at home at the moment).

I dont like the fact there is still a little doubt there, would love to get an official comment on this.

58 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

Hmm, only reason I say that is because the egg mentions the level of both wyverns from what I can remember (not at home at the moment).

I dont like the fact there is still a little doubt there, would love to get an official comment on this.

The egg does shot what it came from, both are identical levels tho I believe...

that alpha story on wiki is BS. i've seen wild 190 wyvs so does it mean they still poop 180 eggs? and if alpha is the only one to go over 180 then shouldn't they all be fire eggs? just stupid. also, i too have noticed that gender doesn't matter. egg will always have same lvl parents even though the entire trench has only 1 of them.

20 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

that alpha story on wiki is BS. i've seen wild 190 wyvs so does it mean they still poop 180 eggs? and if alpha is the only one to go over 180 then shouldn't they all be fire eggs? just stupid. also, i too have noticed that gender doesn't matter. egg will always have same lvl parents even though the entire trench has only 1 of them.

Fair point.

I have a 185 fire egg, how much do you think that is worth in metal ingots?

33 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

Fair point.

I have a 185 fire egg, how much do you think that is worth in metal ingots?

in pvp around 5k-ish i'd imagine. egg is definitely cheaper in my books when considered you'd have to invest 4d on raising those buggers. those who have the time will obviously prefer to work on imprint/rider bonuses so...

Archived