ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure this is probably a late question, but gonna ask anyway. Could there be a chance we get a Cosmetic change to female Sabretooths. I don't maybe having them without any Manes, so that they could easily noticeable from afar much like the Megaloceros (Males have horns females don't). Any way keep up the awesome work on this great game.

How you going to fix the uncraftable item problem? (E.G.: ASC platform saddles)
Any thoughts on the cross-server transfer? I mean this feature in game have made a huge game change from tribe vs tribe to server vs server. Are you going to change anything about?
Are you guy planning any official server wipe?(I mean to reset every server)

I would like to organize your work better if we could update theme because the next update we release all missing dinosaurs or any building missing in the game?

One will have right building between the stone and metal buildings would have liked brick houses like in our time and the motorized vehicles like the airplanes or the cars you go to the possibility to construct the road for the car of the jeep would be very cool In addition to the buggy?

Any plans for improving the building system? Pipes/cables are still a frustrating matter. I'd like to suggest a button that snaps them to ceiling/wall tiles.

I'd like to suggest being able to build a well in the metal+ tiers so there aren't pipes running crazy everywhere.

Why on the ark can't the industrial cooker accept water from reservoirs?

Also, why are the industrial forge and cooker so expensive? Making things more difficult to gather means less progress in tech level, which means more dominated tribes due to inefficient equipment, especially with the Tek tier on the way.

Why can't the Oviraptor pick eggs up? There could be a setting to "train him" to only eat certain foods so that he doesn't just consume all the eggs. Mine is currently just set to wander around and make everything else breed faster and honestly, that's kind of boring. I don't really feel the need to interact with him. Pleaaaase? :D

The achatina on the other hand is a great example of a critter with multiple uses - even though it's a snail! Any chance we could get an additional paste/organic polymer storage per level on an Achatina? It doesn't really matter what level you tame currently - kinda odd.

With the introduction of random mutations through breeding have you considered incorporating other biological and evolutionary principles to wild dinos? For example, It would be more likely that a pack of wolves attack a dark coloured Rex as opposed to a white one. Through natural selection white Rex's would become more common in the snow. If there was such a stat which compared the colour and contrast of an animal to their environment you could get some interesting phenotypes through evolution.

A while ago one of the devs said in an interview that all dinosaurs would be getting day/night sleep cycles. Is this still something coming to the game or not? I feel like the Megalosaurus was a test of this, and it would be a really cool feature to add to the game and would certainly improve the immersion.
Also, will we ever see more interactive wildlife? Like packs, herds, territorial carnivores, dinos searching for water/food during the day, sleeping in the night? I'd really love to see interactions like this in the game.

Is there anyway to reorder your active mods in the single player settings screen? Where the top mod is the main one etc., if not can we get someway to do this? I have a mod that updates almost daily, when it does it pulls it out of the active mods list, only way I have found to get it back to the top is remove all active mods and replace in correct order. 

Will the first bosses (Broodmother Lysrix, Megapithecus, The Dragon) be receiving some balance changes and improvements? There are still no health bars, and The Manticore felt like such a good fight.. and the other three bosses feel so underwhelming compared to him. All three of the original bosses even have unique and dramatic entrance animations, and the only one that even uses a dramatic entrance is the Manticore. The Dragon is also really, insanely hard compared to the other two bosses. He NEVER lands during his fight and just constantly flies around. Despite all of this, I still love the bosses, I just want to see them be better.

Archived