ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys love the game. Can you tell me what happens to dino's that go through the world as we have lost 2 important ones in the last month. Is there any way that we can get them back? Offical server 35 pve

Can we have a % timer on incubating eggs so we have a better idea of time instead of guess work

Please can you mend the scroll tab on world chat :) 

• Volunteer Moderator

Would it be possible to turn off the floating names for just your dinos while still being able to see wild and other tribes?

My base (xbox) is packed with dinos in a small spot and I have to turn off the floating names to play the game at all (the buttons are unresponsive) when home and then turn them back on everytime I leave to spyglass wild dinos. 

Well first of all , most is for primitive servers:

• Giga's got again nerved - when will Rock elementals get nerved (currently they are doing about 600 - 900 damage to stone structures)
  • Wyverns c attack can push away even a Rex , in combination with special attack... well ... Titanosaurus the ultimate lifeform - well not for lightning wyverns
  • Tameable fireflys would be great !
  • an actual agressive airborne animal is missing (yeah i know Argentavis - but they are a joke with respect to aggrorange, damage, they are just intermediate airborne carriers)
  • Structure limit : an explanation on how it is calculated, how handled would be nice, a method to actually count structures would be great
  • x-plants are sucking lots of server performance , remove the animations and make them turretlike
  •  

Could we get a lever action carbine that is stronger than the simple pistol but weaker than the longneck. It just seems all the primitive firearms have an upgraded version except for the assault rifle. It doesn't have a primitive counterpart.

Are we going to be getting any other ranged weapons for underwater combat? Something like a Russian underwater pistol or rifle maybe?

1 minute ago, Oba said:

• Giga's got again nerved - when will Rock elementals get nerved (currently they are doing about 600 - 900 damage to stone structures)
  • Wyverns c attack can push away even a Rex , in combination with special attack... well ... Titanosaurus the ultimate lifeform - well not for lightning wyverns
  • an actual agressive airborne animal is missing (yeah i know Argentavis - but they are a joke with respect to aggrorange, damage, they are just intermediate airborne carriers)
  • Structure limit : an explanation on how it is calculated, how handled would be nice, a method to actually count structures would be great
  • x-plants are sucking lots of server performance , remove the animations and make them turretlike
  •  

It's just a little thing.  It's Nerfed not nerved.  Like the NERF toys, to be made softer or easier.

Are we ever going to see "chicken" coops or kennels for animals that allow us to place a dozen or two of them there for ease of egg and poop collection?  Small and medium animals respectively.  This would also help cut down on the animal animations in bases as well as cut down the amount of structures in an area with no need for the egg/poop shoot method currently in use.

2015-12-23_00001.jpg

49 minutes ago, Oba said:

•  

Yes lightening wyverns can kill titans, so what, it takes a while to kill and it is a good thing because if one spawns close to ur base and someone decides, "oh look, wouldn't  it be such a shame if I where to make that titan mad and screw his base over." well people with lightening wyverns can stop that and help others with the same problem so this shouldn't be a complaint. 

Love the game devs! Can titanoboas please be tameable in the next major update in January? They can be enlarged and have a saddle where people lay down on them (like megalodon) and inflict massively torpor! They can be tamed using clubs or fed bats (fav food) And for TLC purposes, the dimetrodon is often seen as not popular...can it be given the ability to dig hole or burrows in the ground that would take a few hours/days but could then function as a mini hideout/bunker? It could function perfectly for hiding loot or incubating eggs, and goes perfectly with dimetros passive ability...thank you :)

Did a quick search but couldn't find info on this.

I love the game, but the most infuriating thing is the building. From day 1 when I started playing, and that's a long time ago, building has been cumbersome at best. People play this game for a myriad of reasons and one of those, a major one, is the building. I know there are many mods but this should be a part of the vanilla.

1. Allow foundations to snap top and bottom edges to make up for the uneven ground so we can have the wonderful symmetry after hours of building.

2. Double height foundations, walls and pillars, double resource cost, less structures less lag.

3. Have ceilings snap cleanly to foundations.

4. Stop pillars from poking out of ceilings, and allow more snap options.

5. Allow ability to turn off snap functions.

6. 4x4 foundations, ceiling and walls.

7. Fix thatch building weights. It's a bit silly when wall is heavier than it's components.

8. This one would be nice, a gate size between large dino and behemoth. Something stegos or mammoths can get through.

9. Speaking of doors a 2x2 door frame and door.

10. Auto open and close functions for all door and gate types.

Well that's some of my wishes for Santa :P

Oh one last thing not building related. Can we have a double "e" for dismounting flying dinos. just like for throwing shoulder mounted dinos. The number of times I accidentally dismounted in pvp is disheartening.

Merry Xmas all to those that celebrate it.

Archived