ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have really loved all aspects of this game as it has advanced.  The one thing I hate is that you have SE, The Center and The Island all in their own words.  Yes you can use the Obs to transport from one to the other.  However, all these worlds feel like they should be a liner connection.  I would love to suggest that you do something like combine all three maps.  Adjust spawns so some dinos are native to different parts of this large map.  IE the dragons are just in the land of the desert.  Obv I just spun something up real quick to kind of connect everything as an overview and I know the world would be massive but I think it would make for an amazing game an experience. I think with underwater basing coming and the idea of leveraging boat travel it would be cool.  Like in this image crossing the ocean might be darn near impossible for a while with a general level bird.  However, I think it would add some really cool water battles.

Any chance something like this happens?

temp.jpg

Hi,
Just a quick question that is more about aesthetics then game play, but about the Hair update... Now that we have dynamic hair, will there be an option to still wear a helmet and see the hair, or will it be a matter of choosing one or the other. It kind of makes the hair pointless if we never see it cause of the Armour loss....

I know Tek Tier will bring a Dino Cloning Chamber but I'd like to build upon that concept. They should add a Hybrid DNA Recombination Chamber where we can create Dino Hybrids. You would place two tamed Dinos into the chamber and after a LONG while the chamber would produce a hybrid egg that you'd raise. The Hybrid would be unable to breed so it's not like you could have 50 Hybrids without putting in the effort. Hybrids would be stronger and have some abilities, stats, and attacks from both parents.

Would you consider a monthly PVE event to give us more incentive to use defences and strategies?

for example, once a month on a weekend there would be a Carnivore SURGE where all animals usually agro'd by player controlled characters will horde together and go on a rampage attacking players and player owned dino's and structures?

it would clear the map up for a start seeing that there is constant complaining of land grabs never being used and lag issues where players store their dinos on separate servers. it would certainly prevent massive server hopping and to protect new players you could give them 5 months protection with their dino's and start up base unless they join an established tribe or create save zones that cant be built on but dino's can be stored i.e. around the obelisks.

I just feel this would be the next step for PVE

Archived