ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Three questions (in order of importance):

1) Could you please enable picking up of built items (forges, fabricators, industrial grills etc). It's annoying to have to rebuild expensive items when you move or reconfigure your base.

2) Curved/round building tileset. The boxy look is getting boring :-)

3) Straight stairs? Like a ramp, but modeled like stairs. I get stuck on the spiral stairs so often that I have simply stopped using them. 

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19.12.2016 at 6:13 PM, Arumizy said:

Scorched Earth added some mythological creatures to the game, are you guys planning on continuing this? Cause Griffons, sea monsters and xenonorphs oh my!

And ofc Unicorns. Everyone wants to ride a pink unicorn with rainbow tail ;)

on serious note perhaps a underwater boss battle. 

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎01 at 4:10 AM, SkillfulKnave52 said:

So I've been confused on why black pearls are being treated like they are easy to get when so far no creature that drops these has been seen in my game and fishing is way too time consuming and then they are needed for consumables and every tek item why? I am curious as to why you decided to do it this way because the amounts are quite high for a resource so crazy rare 

I'm guessing you play on the island map? I play on the center and there are tons of eurypterids in the eastern ocean. On the island I believe they are commonly found in the west - just watch out for any plesiosaurs.

In PC patch v254.3 you changed bosses so that in single player, they do 67% less damage and have about 67% reduced effective HP. Is there any chance to see a system that would scale a boss based on the number of players & limit the number of tames based on the number of players? Also, what would you think of limiting the creatures brought into the easier versions of arenas further, so that maybe the easy versions were limited to creatures with drag weight 120 and below, medium was 300, and hard was 550? I feel like starting players could use more milestones to strive towards.

Regarding walling off pens, can we get an item like a behemoth wall or half height behemoth wall? Gates clutter up the landscapes and are expensive, but multiple individual wills kill server performance and base takes forever to render. Would love a happy medium for wood, stone, metal and maybe laser fences for tek tier ;)

Is there going to be a way to control what turrets and plants can shoot at in the future? kind of like a console or a hiveplant that you can toggle certain targets off of (for example having X-plants ignore Titanosaurs and Brontos, or having Auto-turrets ignore tamed Turtles and Doedicurus?) Or maybe have the console/hiveplant have a Priority or Condition list, so you can prioritize Players over their Pteranodon Mounts, or firing at rockets before tames?

I'd totally buy ARK all over again if that happened.

Any Possibility of this coming to an ark near you?

•Different tier Padlocks (either stone or metal tier Padlocks or just 1 padlock engram with blueprints) can be added to any door, gate, storage boxes, and windows to add structure health but can also be picked to destroy/take padlock/simply unlock it/damage its durability, as well being an additional lock you'd go through to get to lock on the door, storage box, etc.

Lockpicks which could be only found in drops or could be 1 use, low durability, spear durability, or even have a spoil timer, and being resource expensive, engram point expensive(100pts), (30-45) mid level engram (as well as possible buff from melee damage or its own lockpicking you can level and add small increments to) These Lockpicks can be used to unlock anything pin codable on PvP Servers

•Allows people who are caged or trapped in someone's base a way out (including allowing traitors slipping prisoners lockpicks)

•Gives players an alternate less destructive more stealthy approach to raiding

•Now I believe the lockpicking should be as complicated a mini-game as the devs see fit to allow it to be used instead of demolish/wipe raiding but the mini-game would be a must have if this was implemented to keep this a different strategy from the grind to win most raids are and make this a pure skill strategy to keep less skilled but large quantity holding tribes from pursuing this and another appeal for players to come and play PvP rather than pve

•This would be a great addition as well to allow a way to raid for more casual players who have built up and access to a smithy and ability to grind up some obsidian and metal but not to trolls

•I believe this would create a distinction between wipe/demolish raiding vs just unlocking and grabbing the loot but leaving the base alone and intact

•Most importantly would allow smaller tribes who cannot resort to siege raiding, a chance to get into alpha bases (assuming they get past turrets and dinos and locks and players) and take them down a peg with pure skill and/or luck and a tad bit of grinding for those lockpicks

Btw I play ARK on the Xbox One so unless the devs put it in the game I don't have access to the mods

Anyways thank you for reading sorry the long reply!

1. Skins being part of the hit-box, I want to wear my Top Hat skin in PvP, but that just makes my head a huge target.

2. Higher quality Crossbows do not influence Grappling Hooks, could you make is so better Crossbows can shoot Grappling Hooks farther?

3. The possibility to use handguns in the offhand with an accuracy penalty? Pistols are severely underused at the moment, and this would create an interesting meta of people dual wielding revolvers, or using pistols and shields.

4. Nobody is using Smoke Grenades in PvP, give them some additional use. At least making the effect last much longer than 40 seconds, maybe a few minutes? Or some blinding effect?

5. An easier way to change ammo type? For example, I want to be able to switch from Fire Arrows to Grappling Hooks in the middle of a fight without opening up the inventory.

6. Tribe Log sorting from Newest To Oldest. It would be awesome if we didn't need to scroll all the way down for the latest things.

7. Tribe Log Timestamp (maybe local time?) instead of ingame days. It's currently very difficult to understand when a particular event took place from the tribe log.

8. Could we have the Plant Species x idle swaying animation turned off by default? A lot of tribes have hundreds of plant turrets, all of them swaying from side to side for no reason. Farther than a few meters, that motion is not even discernible, it would improve performance a LOT.

9. In any Official PvP situation where two people are fighting in close quarters, the go to weapon is always the Club, any plan to bring down the torpor on them? Even if the enemy is 50 meters away, it's still easier to simply zig zag run up to him with a club, than to use actual bullets.

10. The possibility of linking an item in the chat, so people can hover with the mouse over the linked item and see the description/stats, WoW did something similar.

11. A whistle command to disable Plant x Turrets. We can't accept visitors without manually disabling hundreds of plants, but we can disable all our Auto-Turrets with the keypad.

12. Maybe an event specific item (or generally available but very expensive) that lets you rename weapons? I would love to have a more personalized gear set.

Thanks for all your hard work guys! :Jerblove:

Archived