ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guessing that, even though the skin is in the Chinese free to play version of ark I see no reason for this skin not being implemented on both consoles, or even...

''sly grin'' ?

As a favor to Xbox players for not receiving the cool (Playstation only) ? Full Manticore skin set.

?... And Giga tek skin

So when TEK TIER rolls around for consoles we can have a little extra treat?

For being good little survivors. ?...and waiting patiently for our glorious ark developer's to usher us into UPDATE Glory

image.jpg

1 hour ago, ArkBiologist said:

I guessing that, even though the skin is in the Chinese free to play version of ark I see no reason for this skin not being implemented on both consoles, or even...

''sly grin'' ?

As a favor to Xbox players for not receiving the cool (Playstation only) ? Full Manticore skin set.

?... And Giga tek skin

So when TEK TIER rolls around for consoles we can have a little extra treat?

For being good little survivors. ?...and waiting patiently for our glorious ark developer's to usher us into UPDATE Glory

image.jpg

The manticore set is only exclusive until the full release, then everyone will have it.

• Volunteer Moderator

Hunger strike option or suicide timer for being prisoner? Click a button and character will die in 20 minutes no material what die from hunger no force feeding allowed. 

Edit ... it would help with holes or rocks that you fall between that don't drain hunger health ... the infinity holes like above rock island lake or in snow biom avalanche area.

1 hour ago, Captnmorgan said:

Hunger strike otion for being prisoner? Click a button and character will die in 20 minutes no material what die from hunger no force feeding allowed. 

Can't really go on hunger strike if unconscious, just bring a bunch of stim berries and eat your poop, what you said is a cool idea just not really realistic.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Ike24 said:

Can't really go on hunger strike if unconscious, just bring a bunch of stim berries and eat your poop, what you said is a cool idea just not really realistic.

You do realize ppl are kept prisoner for days real life  days or weeks a large 24 / 7 tribe.. you can't eat berries if the take them off you or eat poop if they handcuff you. Besides they can force u yo eat and drink. Technically a large tribe can keep u alive indefinitely. This stops that. Not to mention the holes u can fall into that don't drain hunger water or food... would help with that as well...suicide timer along those lines ... 

16 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

You do realize ppl are kept prisoner for days real life  days.... you can't eat berries if the take them off you or eat poop if they handcuff you. Besides they can force u yo eat and drink. Technically a large tribe can keep u alive indefinitely. This stops that. 

Thats method not risky for tribe that have that kind of prisoners? i mean ban or other things to can apply to tribe that do that ?

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, TenshiAori said:

Thats method not risky for tribe that have that kind of prisoners? i mean ban or other things to can apply to tribe that do that ?

No it's a game mechanic not against the rules... devs added cages and handcuffs nothing against the rules for keeping prisoners for ever. Not that I agree with it but this stops it

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/98110-official-server-general-guidelines/

FYI show me where it specifically says you can't keep a prisoner Indefinitely 

Could we possibly see another ape/primate creature added to ARK possibly one that could climb the redwood trees and is also ridable ive always loved primates and seeing one that is a true tree climber not only would it make the red woods seem more alive with more than just predators in the trees but maybe you could give them special abilities to either gather fruits in trees to make new foods or have them get the ability to jump from tree to tree with ease for stealthy tribes and that would give those tribes a semi Planet of the Apes feel which would be absolutely awesome to see a whole tribe hanging above a tribe of unsuspecting victims. I think that Pierolapithecus would be a amazing animal for this role who is not only not really known but also was adapted to the tree life but none the less PLEASE add a climbing primate                                                                                                                                                         

Would you mind explaining some of the physics in ark to me as I clearly don't understand? One, why can spikes a naturally sharp object does not work underwater? Two why can a cannon; a technology that requires literally zero electricity not work in an electrical storm? I get certain things you do but this seems really strange?

Ok, this is gonna be big...

Please add these ideas, they are really good!

So, Devs, we, the survivors of The Center, The Island and Scorched Earth, would appreciate if you would add...

The ability to tame titanoboa like a wyvern, give it multiple seating and the ability to climb trees, and a constrict attack, where it drains oxygen, yet loses lots of stamina.

Dinos to have nests. E.g direwolf cave with babies and the ability to gather pelt, argys with a nest with baby argys and the ability to take sticks, Rex nest with baby rexes(and in redwood forests and scorched earth, ants are in very large groups and when they knock you out, they pick you up and bring you to their nest, e.g a large mound of rock in scorched earth or a deep hole with loads of ants swarming inside in redwood. Then they bring you into a tunnel system,to feed you to the queen. But if you escape in the tunnels, you can tame the queen and all the ants are YOUR SLAVES).

Mutations are more cool. Maybe Pteranodons rarely come with an extra wing or something, and some dinos change their diet e.g a herbivorous Rex(that would be funny:D)

Carnivores can pick up dino bodies in their mouths(at least ones half their size, e.g a parasaur in a rex/gigas mouth).

When using the GMBuff command, you have infinite weight. And all the dinos have all their stuff, like health and speed and more, changeable to whatever the player wants(max is maybe 100,000). And you can do the same to yourself. And when you die, you keep your items. And your items don't break.

NO MORE DANG HOST PLAYER BUBBLE.

A keep inventory command.

A book. I'd love to write about my adventures. And a newspaper. You can add pictures too. And headlines. And you could have a name for it. And you could print them and put them in bookshelves. I'd make a bookshop.

The summon commands are simpler. The one to summon a normal, non-level changed dino is the same, but after BP_, you put in the level.

When we summon a boss, We put in either Hard, Normal or Easy for the boss difficulty.

A world system like mine craft. Its kinda annoying I can only play in one of each map, so we should have the ability to have multiple worlds, like two main arks, one for testing and the other for survival.

Organised tribe log. We would like different sections, e.g demolish section or death section.

Letter arrow. A note attached to a letter that when fired, can be used to send messages to foe or friend.

Pellet gun. Deals a little bit of damage, but stuns dinos and humans, given you a quick escape.

Dinos have herds and migration AI. Maybe a huge herd of parasaurs grazing in a grassland. And maybe huge herds have a lookout to see if they hear or see predators. And when they do, the lookout roars out a large hooting noise, and the entire herd runs. And raptor packs. And wolf and sabre packs.

A character selection. We can miscellaneously swap out characters, but they would be in the same position and same tribe as the character that was swapped out last, and same stuff. I would like to have a serious, normal character and then swap out for a short, long armed weirdo.

Disabilities. When you get in a fight, you can rarely lose a limb, or get paralysed. Maybe if you also attack near someones limbs/head/legs, they can sometimes fall off(its fatal if you chop off someones head. And their dead bodies also show if their limbs have been cut off. Maybe you can only hold stuff with one hand or punch with one hand if you lose a arm, or need a wheelchair(A new item that you can sit in and move)if you lose both legs or get paralysed. If you lose one leg, you use crutches(another new item). And if you lose both your arms, you can't hold anything. And maybe fliers can lose their wings, and the ability to fly with it. And maybe blindness.

The ability to burn down wood and thatch houses with torches. And dinos get scared of fire. And if you breath fumes, your oxygen goes down and you start to cough.

Mounted walking turrets. Like, it would have tripod legs, and be really slow, but it can be a catapult, ballista, rocket turret or a mini gun turret.

Wild Dino breeding. Maybe males have a counting dance and there's a 50/50 chance that they'll get rejected or the females accept and then they mate.

And more diseases. I think it would be funny to get a cold and cough really annoyingly and you cough up phlegm, that looks really slimy and the description says GROSS... and you catch it in the cold. Or maybe arthritis, where you're slower and punch slower. Or serious diseases like HIV, cancer or something very bad.

The ability to tie unconscious survivors to chairs. The chair loses durability during it and when it breaks, you are let out of the chair.

The ability to not make player spawned bosses disappear after 20 mins.

Wyverns and the Dragon can burn down houses.

All items have IDs.

A mech for Tek Tier( This needs literally, LOADS of resources).

Deathworms don't disappear on the normal Ark. I just want to spawn one in, and tame it.

Taming a Deathworm. Maybe they open their mouths when they are above the surface, and you throw a poison grenade/lots of tranq arrows into its mouth. Then you feed it something(maybe the new Phoenix coming up kibble?) and when you're done that, you make a special saddle that you crawl inside with a window at the front, which can fit 3 people and can place some structures in. And it protects you when the Deathworm GOES UNDERGROUND WITH YOU CONTROLLING IT!!! And they do a good amount of damage to anything(But it does mean you have to make the underground be solid, so you can burrow underground so the Deathworm can move around and so we can build bases underground by using picks to make tunnels/holes)(Speaking of that, maybe the Deathworm can attack soil so you can make an underground mining facility/be able to defend themselves of either players in enemy mines/other deathworms)(and maybe you can get materials underground.

Missile silo. Can be controlled with a remote control to place where it lands and to fire it. It causes a huge explosion, yet costs loads of materials.

More tek armour for dinos. We could have one for an ankylosaurus and a Ptera, or maybe a Quetz and a raptor(Please have wyvern Tek too!).

Armor for dines without saddles, like Direwolves and Gigantopithecus. Maybe Direwolves have a leather package to store some extra items and a lil bit of protection(and maybe different materials too, like tek and iron). And the bigfoot could have could have shoulder pads.

Spade, to get dirt which you can put in a compost bin to speed up and improve fertilisers and to throw and blind people.

Picks can break the ground so we can make little burrows or huge bases under the ground.

Spiders can climb walls.

Cell doors, door frames and walls.

A galleon ship and a submarine.

The ability to make a disease with a chemistry bench. It would be really tactical and cool to create a new disease with loads of different De-buffs and to plant it into an enemy tribe. And it can either be injected into a dino with a syringe to make them transmit the disease, or inject it into someone.

Old age for dinos. Theres so many parasaurs in the ark, I'm considering to either kill them all with a giga, make a disease specially for them, or just let them die of old age.

Suicide. You can shoot yourself with a gun, make a noose and hang yourself(a noose could be a good way of execution) or slit your wrist/throat by pressing a button if you have a gun in your hand, a dagger or knife, or it gives you a noose to place if you choose to be hanged.

Video camera. Can take videos and send them via a TV, a new item that can be small, medium and big and lets you broadcast things.

Dagger and a throwing knife.

Give the Giga a better roar. It just sounds like a rex with a sore throat. Make it cooler than a Rex. Give it some power, and let us strike fear in our enemies hearts with its deadly roar

Realistic death wounds e.g dinos don't always get bloody when attacked and killed. Maybe with guns you leave holes, and with explosions you go into lil bits. If you get hit with a cannon, a big hole. With Ballista, a big ballista bolt sticking out of you.

More Emotes. I'd love to flex my abs, or put up the finger(maybe not the last one), or throw a tantrum. And maybe put my hands over my head in stress.

The Tuso has the ability to grab rafts and galleons(thats another thing that should be added)and other water transportation.

Cigarettes. If you smoke one you get enhanced stamina. But take too much, and you'll suffocate sometimes randomly(may help to make players not to smoke)

Dino cannons! I'd love to ride a Rex that fires cannonballs.

(Yes, I know, Dino cannons are coming for primitive and cigars are in primitive too, but please put them in the main game).

Rafts and ships sink when hit by a cannonball.

A blowgun. It can be used to shoot tranq darts.

A torpedo machine for Rafts and water transport.

GIANT MODE! Admins can become a huge giant that can one-shot structures and dinos, and can trample things underfoot(and look awesome, like a big statue man, and also they should be slow)(lets just hope admins don't use it for bad)(btw yes I copied this from ArkBiologist. Same reason for Cyrcle.)

The ability to make dino numbers different e.g maxtribedinos=12 would only let a tribe have 12 dinos. And in brackets after dinos the creatures id so we can have that much of a dino in a tribe, and it can only be changed by admins.(yes yes I know I copied it off Cyrcle but only cos it was a good idea and just in case you miss his).

Trains. I would love to make a transport system from one side of the island to the other, carrying loads of people, a container to fit a large dino e.g a rex or diplo, a little luggage area to put your stuff in and lil cages for small dinos e.g compy, pegomastax, vulture etc, and a container to fit tons of items in (and maybe the ability to place structures). And cabins for people. But the train goes slowly enough.

A sort of prehistoric cattle or buffalo(maybe a auroch?).

Tek armour for smaller mounts, e.g sabres, raptors, dire wolves.

Ploughs for dinos. Maybe we can put a plough on a trike to collect berries/crops it walks over. Would be useful to not waste stamina.

Natural disasters.E.g a meteor that destroys nearby dinos and structures, yet is filled with precious material(e.g metal or extremely rarely,Element). An avalanche near mountains that hurls rocks all over the place, destroying everything they touch(except the terrain). An earthquake, which makes a deep chasm in the ground that you can mine in, or makes a valley crush together. A tsunami, that engulfs everything near the shore, e.g dinos or structures(and maybe a death scale, e.g small is only up to player waist and deadly is Titanosaur size(and earthquake chasms and meteor craters regenerate in an ark week). And the Volcano... erupts. And a wildfire, that spreads through forests. And a whirlpool, in the ocean, that swallows animals and rafts whole.

Creative mode. You are immortal, have an inventory with access to all items(and if you have a dlc/mod, all items from that there as well)and all eggs, the ability to fly super fast, and more admin like stuff(Please add this! I need this so badly!).

A weather and time command.

A megaphone, so you can be super loud and shout to people far away.

Gun holder. Its would have a decor type and a combat type. The decor one lets you hang a gun/rifle on the wall. The combat one would hold a gun(namely a sniper rifle or a rifle with a snipe scope) and stop it from swaying.

PGAs made easier. E.g theres just a big map of ocean. You pick something to outline, like a lake, island, cave entrance, mountains etc. Then trace it with the mouse/joystick and when its linked, its created. Then you can outline biomes and where animals live, the animals rarity, where natural disasters(see the paragraph up 3 paragraphs)happen, etc. Then you can view the world afterwards, with super speed. And your given a tool to delete a small chunk of rock and place decor for caves and make deep chasms, as well as a water bucket tool to place water to make ponds, lakes, rivers etc anything with water. And then press the done button, and viola. Done(also please add desert and swamp map). And the ability to make the map bigger by x4. And where obelisks go. And where loot crates go. And the ability to make your own new and personally designed artifact.

NPC tribes. E.g a kind tribe that heal you if you're hurt, trade with and to set up an alliance with. Or a tribe of savages, that have weapons(e.g sling, bow, club, hatchet,) and try to kill you. And maybe you can recruit people of the nice tribes to your tribe, and maybe you can rescue people trapped by the savages in cages in their base.

More evil aerial creatures, like a bird that snatches tamed dinos like phioma, parasaurs, sheep etc and bring them to their nest or drop them from a height. So maybe a Roc?

A transfer option. The ability to let or disallow the ability to transfer for servers, with the default being disallowed and only allowed to be changed by admins.

Plus heres some very smart ideas from a lad called Mendoza, put his ideas in this as well. Pooping not possible when battle music is on and when you're sprinting. A high tech/Tek tier item to get chip implants and create a hologram of the player that has the chip on and maybe his position on the map(like a more improved transponder. Herbivores actually eat bushes and Brontos/Sauropods eat trees. A Tek tier item to mind control a dino, Sorta like Primal Survival. Trap doors, hangers and flares activated when an alarm goes off, to either warn from a far distance or release dinos. Huge Pillars to place Redwood tree platforms and stairs on, as well as ceilings. And all the heads of dinos can be put on Trophy mounts.

Toilets. Please. Don't keep me waiting. I need to go in a posh manner.

Dino powered buildings, like a dino-powered grinder or generator(got that from Zurar).

Also on PS4 for me sometimes the right side of the screen makes a really bright colour e.g blue or red I don't know if its a bug or whatever but if possible fix it. Also when I hold an item when I'm riding a dino, it just moves forward. I can't turn or anything. Please fix if possible(it doesn't happen with a torch, really just guns and ranged weapons, but try to fix all of them please). I can't scope either.

Please put this in the next digest. Thank you Studio Wildcard, thank you for making a game so beautiful, so amazing and unique, that its the best game ever. Thank you. Nothing compares to Ark.(P.S theres another one of these on p20 but with less stuff please ignore it I'll try to delete it or say go to P21 for mine).

P.S im gonna get a warning for the finger thing right?No? Thx!

P.P.S don't listen to anyone thats getting annoyed with the Tek Tier. They probs don't know its super hard to get and you need to charge the armour and stuff.

Archived