ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/9/2017 at 8:41 AM, Dustiest-Ninja said:

Or Bison Latifrons! I wanna see an 8 foot bison in the tundra or Redwoods or wherever!

That seems to be a good idea, nevertheless my idea of the auroch is an animal as powerful as the woolly rhino but present in greener areas of the island; you see what I mean. A herbivore than can be the "green counterpart " of the woolly rhino. I agree with you that the bison can also be a great addition to the game.

2 hours ago, ApexRaven said:

That seems to be a good idea, nevertheless my idea of the auroch is an animal as powerful as the woolly rhino but present in greener areas of the island; you see what I mean. A herbivore than can be the "green counterpart " of the woolly rhino. I agree with you that the bison can also be a great addition to the game.

But the auroch is not quite as big a a wooly rhino, a latifrons I could see being this, but the auroch is basically a modern European/indian cow. Not an ancestor of all cows mind you. (Yaks, gaurs, whaterbuffalo, pure bison and a few other breeds are not descended from auroch.)

First of all, I'm a new survivor to Ark on xbox( although I've been following the game since it was announced :D) and this is my FIRST post. I love the game so far and can't wait for its release. :P-Just wanted to say that

Back to the topic..I would like to suggest adding in the Gorgonopsid to the game. This Synapsid looked like a cross between a wolf and crocodile. I could see these nasties being the "wolves" of Ark; traveling in small packs. I could also imagine this guy's ability would be to use its massive jaws to crush a target's limb and temporarily cripple it.

1 hour ago, TheDinoKing48 said:

First of all, I'm a new survivor to Ark on xbox( although I've been following the game since it was announced :D) and this is my FIRST post. I love the game so far and can't wait for its release. :P-Just wanted to say that

Back to the topic..I would like to suggest adding in the Gorgonopsid to the game. This Synapsid looked like a cross between a wolf and crocodile. I could see these nasties being the "wolves" of Ark; traveling in small packs. I could also imagine this guy's ability would be to use its massive jaws to crush a target's limb and temporarily cripple it.

It seems the Gorgo is coming already

Would you consider adding behemoth walls or foundations, specifically foundations so that its easier to build on the often uneven terrain.

Or perhaps more likely could there be a way to simply make it so foundation have more freedom in being snapped to adjacent foundations (if its too high off the ground)

Will we ever get an option to stop dinos from looking at us? Getting a tad tired of me getting stuck on a gigas(insert dino here) head because it keeps looking at me lol. Also, will we ever get a "take half" option from inventories? Most times I'm able to carry a lot, but to take half is perfect for most of my overencumberence problems!!

I think that definitely some Creatures should get reworked. That means reanimated, retextured, possibly new abilities and maybe also a new Dossier. Some candidates for me are : Ankylosaurus, Argentavis, Dilophosaurus, Parasaur, Raptor, Rex, Sabertooth,Sarco. And in general new abilities for the old day creatures. That would be great ?

IS Duping going to be fixed? Are you going to implement a fix for tribes rampaging through all the arks munching everyone? Will megalasarus babys be fxed so when asleep during day they don't eat 1 meat every second? Will defending ever get a buff IE the cost of raiding VS cost of defending base is low. Players with a year on server in a few hours can get trashed Easily.Will there ever be Region lock? Will you change transfer system so you can't transfer raiding materials IE Rockets/C4 and such.Will Troodons for it's torpor get nerfed(Currently even in ascendant Riot you can get 5 hit and Koed with 25+ Resistance). Will there ever be performance gains for places with a lot of structures/dinos? Will AI for Wyverns be updated(Currently Wyverns when landing without rider land very very badly. When landing in Island with Wyvern it goes back and forth until finally landing. Wyverns won't attack when someone's on ground they just fly in a circle doing nothing.) Will rafts with boxes on them be fixed so they can't coat it and can't demo the raft without destroying all Foundations on it? Lot's of questions sorry!

Suggestion for vanilla primitive, NOT PRIMITIVE PLUS.

hi, I've been complaining in this forum on behalf of the REAL  primitive community for some time now. I feel like our cries are unanswered, unheard, and ignored. Everyone has been complaining about the high end bp's being uncraftable Blaaaaah Blaaaaah. But Waaa laaa you have claimed your super fix, tek tier! Well. A lot of good that does me! Being a solely primitive player, but alas. I've come to you with a solution. Allow us to snap large boxes directly to the smithy, which it can then use the materials from as if they were in it. Bam. Now we can finally craft the saddles with over 1500 ingots. There. I did that for you, now implement it.

1 hour ago, Marksman00048 said:

Suggestion for vanilla primitive, NOT PRIMITIVE PLUS.

hi, I've been complaining in this forum on behalf of the REAL  primitive community for some time now. I feel like our cries are unanswered, unheard, and ignored. Everyone has been complaining about the high end bp's being uncraftable Blaaaaah Blaaaaah. But Waaa laaa you have claimed your super fix, tek tier! Well. A lot of good that does me! Being a solely primitive player, but alas. I've come to you with a solution. Allow us to snap large boxes directly to the smithy, which it can then use the materials from as if they were in it. Bam. Now we can finally craft the saddles with over 1500 ingots. There. I did that for you, now implement it.

This is a good option but why isn't Primitive+?

19 minutes ago, Ike24 said:

This is a good option but why isn't Primitive+?

I'm not saying they shouldn't or could implement it for primitive plus, I'm just saying I don't play primitive plus and this idea is intended for vanilla primitive. Ced stated a while back (if I'm not mistaken) that he would be looking for a way to fix this issue himself.

Since the devs BARELY EVER mention primitive and continue to show us no love I felt the need to state clearly and repetitively that this issue needs to be dealt with on vanilla primitive just as badly as it does on tech servers.

If not more considering tames are EVERYTHING in primitive. We don't have (or want/need) guns and explosives.

14 hours ago, Dustiest-Ninja said:

But the auroch is not quite as big a a wooly rhino, a latifrons I could see being this, but the auroch is basically a modern European/indian cow. Not an ancestor of all cows mind you. (Yaks, gaurs, whaterbuffalo, pure bison and a few other breeds are not descended from auroch.)

I know the latifrons are more primitive than the aurochs but I am more for having a massive mammal herbivore in the greener areas whereas the latifrons would exist mostly in the snow biome I believe; though researchers do not still know if it was living in a snow environment or green environment. But either way, any one of the latifron or the auroch would suit me.

SO I asked before and we were told that a fix was coming, but haven't heard anything since... The Scuba Tanks don't work while offline, meaning if you DC in the water, you drown unless you have a ridiculous amount of oxygen/health. Are we gonna see that fixed soon, or are there more complications than expected with it?

Also, is it possible to have an option for private servers to enable Wyvern Breeding?

Lastly, are we able to get details on how mutations work. Sadly the mutation aspect is a really cool feature that no one knows anything about - like chances of mutations occurring, or more likely chance of mutations through certain breeding, etc, etc.

Keep up the great work guys. Absolutely loving the game.

Archived