ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Would it be possible to have an option in the wheel(holding E on an animal) to disable harvest completely?
Currently playing with a mod where an animal can do 1000s of damage and when it harvests a body the amount of meat results in 10k, every bite. This of course lags the server a ton.
Same thing happens when this carnivore bites a tree. The server has to calculate the damage dealt to the tree, even if I can't harvest it, also lagging the server O_o

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read something about a respect sytem for Dinos, i guess it is like that Mammoths for example are scared of Rexes? like it is Standing in the Mammoth Dossier? If so i got a few more Questions... Megalodons dont attack wild Ichtys but when you tame and ride an Ichty they attack him and you...will this be changed? Or maybe if you ride a Megalodon other Megalodons wont bother you and Piranhas, Mantas and some smaller creatures do not attack too? If you are riding a Mosa will nothing attack you except maybe a Tuso? And at last... will other creature not attack if you got a Creature of the same Race or a much bigger random one just by your side, like a Raptor wont attack if you got Raptor Buddies arround you or a Therizino for example?

**New Server Idea**

I recommend to make a new server or group of servers (for map transfer ability) like you would hardcore or cluster servers. With this **New Server Idea** having the ability to revert back to the early days of ark where you could still place autos and plant x on platform saddles! 

Having a designated group of servers that still have the ability to arm platform saddles would be a fun addition to rever back to the original PVP that was ark for those who choose. ?

Can you add something of this or all this in the next DLC?:

- SuperPowers (of famous superheroes), Magic Powers (like magic powers of Skyrim, specially elemental powers), Magic and mythical creatures, Monsters (yes, like the "Monster ARK: Hunting Evolved"), Robots, Androids, Zombies, Werewolves, Aliens and more crazy things =} 

ok, stop Neizan... this is a very funny mix crazy idea that could be awesome, but, too ambitious? maybeed . now the real question:

What are the ideas that you have for the next DLC?

Have you seen the anime "Sword Art Online" (which is based on mmo games)? Can you make something like SAO in ARK? It would be incredibly fantastic. The definitive videogame in the world.

The idea is create multi-server competitive system in ARK (SAO based) / Competitive with Long term objectives and short term objectives:

The idea is that all people starts in a "floor 1" this server can be any PvE or PvP server where people is playing right now. This is the equivalent in SAO of the first floor.

I have to explain what is SAO to continue... SAO is a virtual World in the anime Sword Art Online that is a giaaaant virtual tower (the tower it's only a Interface), this tower have different servers named floors (because are floors of this tower-world). And there are a lot of servers that makes the first floor/lobby.

The other servers are something similar to 'ranks' in a competitive game. In SAO you have to defeat a boss to go to the next world (next floor). I thought that this aplied to ARK could be awesome competitive game between the bests players of ARK after end-game.

Could be compared to football or other sports leagues with multiple divisions (or  the divisions of the currently most popular videogame in the world League of legends).

I thought a lot about this, is an incredible awesome idea, but something is missing in this idea: how servers choose when a survivor / tribe can go up/down of a "floor" in ARK?... In SAO people only unlock floors and go up, and they can return down of they want, this isnt funny applied to ARK, this competitive idea should avoid people of higher floors killing in lower floors. Ok, then people should be fixed/anchored in a server (if they are playing in competitive mode). And how people can go up or go down in competitive server system? I thought a lot about this... And I improved my own idea: Adding something that ARK don't have and should have it. When you make a right mouse clic in a Steam friend in other games you can see in what server is he/she, who is in this server and your friends SCORE. Finally, this is our answer, obviusly: Adding scores with monthly leagues. and here we have the final idea: First to play competitive people should defeat all bosses in a official server to unlock the competitive mode in main menu. After defeat all bosses this tribe unlock an acces to their first competitive server; the 2nd floor. The day 1 of each month the tribe with more score of the month unlock the next floor, and they cant return to the previous floor until nexts floor-rank updates. The good thing is that the first months of this gamemode you'll need open very few servers and if this gamemode is superpopular you can open more servers according to need. 

This is a short-term objective (farm, build, survive, tame, evolve...) and long-term objective (climb floors/ranks). And PvP motivation by floor-ranks.

All this is a base idea that I'm sure that devs can improve. I think that competitive ARK in SotF don't had a lot of people playing because ARK isn't an full action game, i'ts a complete game with more things that just a game to play it in a 30 min or 4 hours... And competitive ARK with long term can be the start of something good. I hope see a looked option in main menu with the words "Competitive Tower" or "Ranked Tower", someday, and if people clic on this option they will get the message "You should defeat all end-game bosses to play competitive". (Obviusly this idea should be compatible with server transfers, one reason because a lot of people prefer Ark than Sotf is because they want keep their things, ¡they spent a lot of hours!)

After read all, you can't add it on a Q&A because is too long, and I'll love it see an answer. I'll make a shorter question that you can answer on a Q&A Digest:

Can you make a competitive game to play ARK by floors/ranks after defeating the bosses of the end game?

Archived