ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

4 minutes ago, PiperRamble said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but it was missed by me if it was. 

Do you guys plan on adding something similar to saddle bags, or packs on the back of creatures in place of saddles, kind of like the "cows" in Fallout 4? I think it would be a neat, immersive addition. Maybe it would add an extra 50+ to the inventory weight, or even if it's just for looks, I think it would be pretty neat! 

It was asked before but in a different way.. I agree with what you said though! +1

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you going to add some kind of security cameras and maybe some kind of tv what could be linked to them  and from that tv you could see everything what the cameras see. It would be pretty useful on PVP servers and maybe on PVE servers because with them you could see whats happening outside your base or what your dinos are doing

Are you going to add some kind of security cameras and maybe some kind of tv what could be linked to them  and from that tv you could see everything what the cameras see. It would be pretty useful on PVP servers and maybe on PVE servers because with them you could see whats happening outside your base or what your dinos are doing. Sorry i submitted this twice

Single player would greatly benefit from the addition of computer controlled survivors. Computer controlled tribes inhabiting the island, building bases, taming dinos, attacking and defending. Making alliances and starting conflicts. I left the official servers long ago when I realized its impossible as a lone survivor to get a foothold. But I do love the game and play strictly single player from now on. It quickly gets boring running around all by yourself and I'd love some competition out there. Right now the only thing that keeps me playing the game is the constant new content that is released. I have high hopes for this game and the edition of computer controlled survivors and tribes would give me the ability to create my own story lines and missions. 

Can you please remove the collision for ramps so we can place them all the way down to the ground?

How come the Chalicotherium doesn't throw poop after taming?

Are there any plans to prevent wild dino's constantly killing other wild dino's? - eg Diplocaulus getting killed by everything in the swamp

Would it be possible to increase the spawn rate of leach's? I've been in the swamp countless times and only found one leach 

Will the saddles for larger dino's be changed before full release so that you can have multiple people riding them? - such as the mammoth, rex etc

Are there plans to make a Mammoth platform saddle? since the Beaver was added the Mammoth has become redundant and this would see a resurgence of them, and add to the diversity of dino's that people tame.

Will we ever get dino leads for wandering dino's? I'd love to have things like bear's etc wandering in only specific sections of my base.

Will there be a pack mechanic, similar to the Compy or Allosaurus added in for the Raptor, Saber and Dire Wolf, as they were all pack hunters.

In the dino pass will Terror birds be improved? They were so highly anticipated but because of the poor base stats were rather disappointing, Terror birds were the pinnacle of the food chain, so their stats should reflect that (and their weight is far too low, and they were thought to have been able to run at 65KP/H)

Are there plans to update the models for baby dino's? Rhino's being born with huge horns etc

With the addition of Windmills into Scorched Earth, will we be seeing any other sources of renewable energy? Like a water powered generator you have to place in rivers, and solar panels.

Can we please get a weight decrease for metal on the Anky, similar to that of wood on the Beaver but not so extreme?

Instead of having the temperature decrease with the Christmas event this year, can you just cover everything with snow? Last year new players were constantly dying, but the map looked so beautiful.

Can you please disable the rex from going through the normal dino gate? It looks a bit ridiculous, and it's not an early game dino, you unlock the saddle for it after you unlock the stone behemoth gate.

Apologies for the spam of questions, there's lots i wanted to know.

i have a question that i don't even know how to explain it... never mind my question is :

are you going to add animations for the tusoteuthis and maybe even for all the creatures that can grab into other creatures...? i mean, make it like setting its tentacles around its prey instead of just having the creature into its mouth and having its tentacles going through it (it looks really derpy and i think you could change it to the best)...
i hope you got my point... :P

can we also get randomly spawned abandoned rafts? or debris along the beach. rather than just broken down trees I think some lost crates or planks at the shores will look nice. they should be non-interacting

are you going to do anything regarding floating/underground trees? what about floating non-interacting flowers and grass?

this is a little farfetched but...what about a trading card game? you find cards for a deck from killing wild dino. and you play these cards at a table. cards will have random stats and they all can be stored in a deckholder (item). triggering the mini game opens a new interface where you put down 5 of your cards in different slots and you compare them with your opponent's cards. whoever has the most points wins that slot, and the player with the most slot wins wins the entire game :D 

and of course you can trade these cards the usual way

what about a machine to trade items with? simply put up an item in the machine, then state what you want in return. players can bring what you asked for and deposit them in this machine. this machine will then dispense whatever they are trading for and keep the deposited items for you. we can have different interfaces when you interact with it from different direction as well, so the front of this machine will always be "for trades" and the back of this machine will always be "to trade"

Archived