ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

OK two part question will you be able to add a pressure plate? So then we can put it behind doors. And then when you stand on it it will toggle the state of the door eg open/close. 

Also will you be adding any more stats? So maybe like a taming effectiveness?

Eg with a higher taming effectiveness The person that puts the Dino to sleep will tame it a lot faster? Would be good for a certain member of the tribe to be a designated tamer! :)  

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will we ever get a half behemoth gate or something to fit quetzals/other animals who are unable to fit through a Dino gate maybe even a bigger trap door than the previously implemented trap door to compensate for these animals. Its all good and well but for appearance reasons a big behemoth gate at the end of a small building isn't pleasing. ?

and is there a eta on glass building items, timers/health fix because a 2day timer isn't good for people who use it as a base construction item surely crystal is more durable than a 100 health also I personally lost things to glass disappearing after 2 days from timers after a server outage

also will we see a change in bed spawns were if we spawn on a bed where there is multiple beds in the same location the one bed doesn't obstruct all bed spawns?

are we going to see any egg collectors in the tek tier like a machine that has a radius of the trough or a robot that drives around and auto collects eggs?

Is there a way to have fence foundations have arrows pointing in the direction that the outside part of the wall will be on? Always had a problem with knowing if the walls will point in the right direction after I put down a foundation and always having to demolish them when they are facing the wrong direction.

1 - what you guys think about the south america comunity players and will we have "The center" and "Scorched Earth" SA????

2- what's method to avaliate how to implement a server??

3- when will we in the center have Megalosaurus and Alpha mosasaurus Spawning?

4- when will be fixed the bug of dung Beetle????

5- when will be fixed the caves loot crates in the center?? because they just respawn with the restart of the server....

Please take a look at the dinos hitboxes, I many times find myself getting stuck on the top of my scorpions and not to mention when the quetz or giga follow you with their head to look at tou when you are passing by with or without a dino. Can be very annoying ;)

Are you going to fix the collision with walls and ceilings etc? A dino can easily stick their head through the walls and ceilings of the house and eat all that is inside. This is a major problem, why even build a house if thats how it is going to work?

Have a blast!

On 2016-12-19 at 5:10 PM, jazzop said:

Since we can hold down the attack buttons for melee weapons could we hold down the attack buttons whilst mounted as it has no difference apart from preference and does not allow any advantages in pvp it would be much appreciated as long play sessions farming for breeding can be a arduous 

Just use a Macro/autoclicker.

1. With TLC pass will you remake Dino Dossiers? For example: Raptor Dossier doesn't look as good as... Giant Bee DossierDossier_Raptor.png?version=b3eb0e0cce190Dossier_GiantBee.jpg?version=e5dbd13980b

2. Can you make 1 update that contains only new structures like: half walls, triangular foundations, sofas, TEK TIER Multi structure tool (3x3 walls by one click) e.t.c.

3. In TLC pass can you make Onyc "better Archaeopteryx " :

- Portable Hanglider

- can be carried on shoulder

- gives Bleeding effect

I dont expect all of them will get answered. However I hope adding a bunch of questions doesn't deter you guys from reading it <3. I find 

Configuration for the custom placement of supply drops and cave crates based on precise coordinates? (With respawning, so different than the 2nd question)

Can we get special admin commands to summon supply drops/spawn dinos at exact coordinates, rather than at the admin using the command?
Personally I feel this will make it so admins can host events and map out coordinates ahead of time like a dungeon master and setup events surrounding them. Or even automate summoning of more supply crates in caves than is currently default.

Custom configs for stack sizes?
While I realise that there are mods that take care of this. The problem is that should there ever be an issue with that mod, all of the items affected by that mod vanish completely.

Could there be an introduction of some kind of "nanny" Dino? This Dino could feed babies (even those in the first stage of development), hold a lot of food and increase the time it takes for food to spoil, as to act like a nanny for baby creatures.

Another creature could be the implementation of a kind of sniffer dog (Though not necessarily a mammal) which could be used in order to find buried drops, landmines or other traps (Plant Species Y or the upcoming Purlovia). Or even just to find a type of Dino by giving it the appropriate egg or kibble. 

Thanks,

Vrencki

First I've to say that I don't like that the Giganoto is so much stronger than a Rex, because I don't think this is based on true facts. (see the picture below)
But I would like to see another big carnivore which maybe is strong enough to fight the Giganoto.
I'm talking about the Carcharodontosaurus. Is there a chance that you'll add this powerfull carnivore to the game?

Largesttheropods.png

I'm sure this has been asked before, but it was missed by me if it was. 

Do you guys plan on adding something similar to saddle bags, or packs on the back of creatures in place of saddles, kind of like the "cows" in Fallout 4? I think it would be a neat, immersive addition. Maybe it would add an extra 50+ to the inventory weight, or even if it's just for looks, I think it would be pretty neat! 

Archived