Sapphira

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 hours ago, WarlordAlye said:

And more described from first picture

peachptera.jpg

purple-green.jpg

I love the wing colors on your birds.  What are your strategies for accomplishing the babies you want?  Ive been working on Rex's and have got some pretty crazy mutation combos but not the ones I really want.  I have prob hatched no less than 60 rexs if not more.  I was able to get all blue raptors but that took i'd say 75 eggs to really get a good color.  I tend to breed for stats until I get a color mutation and then depending on the color I might alter the breeding a bit to try and get the stats and color on the dinos I want.  However, it has resulted in very good stats on my dinos but some very odd colors.... 

image2.png

Here are just some of the offspring and their mutations.  

image3.png

This was the first baby born with the bright blue belly and purple back.  

image1.png

This one has the blue belly, purple back, and a diff base color.  I now have several this color that hatched out at 223.  I would prefer the blue belly on a solid black base but getting one like that without the purple will be tough.  

9 minutes ago, Savage220 said:

I love the wing colors on your birds.  What are your strategies for accomplishing the babies you want?  Ive been working on Rex's and have got some pretty crazy mutation combos but not the ones I really want.  I have prob hatched no less than 60 rexs if not more.  I was able to get all blue raptors but that took i'd say 75 eggs to really get a good color.  I tend to breed for stats until I get a color mutation and then depending on the color I might alter the breeding a bit to try and get the stats and color on the dinos I want.  However, it has resulted in very good stats on my dinos but some very odd colors.... 

image2.png

image3.png

image1.png

This one has the blue belly, purple back, and a diff base color.  I now have several this color that hatched out at 223.  I would prefer the blue belly on a solid black base but getting one like that without the purple will be tough.  

That is freaking awesome!!!

10 hours ago, WarlordAlye said:

My red on red ptera mother and father. Took me 2 weeks to merge a red wing female with a red body male and then another 2 weeks to get a female version. Male (with saddle) is 287 and female is 299. Working on a male 299

redptera.jpg

This is amazing!! You have to be on PVE to be able to have the time to do this lol. PC I'd assume? I've only gotten one color mutation so far on my ptera and I'm not even sure what the color mutation is. Its like a peach I guess, but my mother is a creamy color to begin with. 

2 hours ago, Savage220 said:

image2.png

image3.png

image1.png

The purple and blue is absolutely insane!! 

2 hours ago, Savage220 said:

image2.png

image3.png

image1.png

Do you sell these?

Unfortunately I cannot since I play on a solo xbox server.  If I could I would gladly give others some of my dinos or eggs because I just enjoy breeding them for the mutations.  I plan on expanding my Allo breeding next followed by Argies.  I was able to get an Allo with color and stat mutation after just 5 babies which is the quickest I have seen yet.  I had an anky with a color mutation after 2 eggs but just the color.  

anky.png

Screenshot-Original-2.png

1 minute ago, Savage220 said:

Unfortunately I cannot since I play on a solo xbox server.  If I could I would gladly give others some of my dinos or eggs because I just enjoy breeding them for the mutations.  I plan on expanding my Allo breeding next followed by Argies.  I was able to get an Allo with color and stat mutation after just 5 babies which is the quickest I have seen yet.  I had an anky with a color mutation after 2 eggs but just the color.  

anky.png

Screenshot-Original-2.png

Aww that sucks! But your doing a great job.

A fellow allie of mine got a red direbear cub on their first breed with my Female Black Bear. Its awesome!

26 minutes ago, WarlordAlye said:

Im on pc pvp actually. Everyone else (for the most part) raids while all I do is breed. And no real strategy other than if it doesnt have what I want (sex and color) I kill it.

My biggest issue is the attachment I get to certain dinos or babies.  I find it hard to cull babies that have great colors but bad stats or the ones that I breed who get the original mutation.  So far I have kept all the dinos that hatched with an original mutation and my dino count is huge.  With my Rex's its been the worst since I keep getting babies with great stats but terrible color combos while the babies that come out looking the best have terrible stats.  I had one baby hatch who got the lowest stat of each parent in every stat but was nearly perfect in color.  I cant quite seem to get lucky enough to get both the color and the stats I desire.  I also seem to get runs of babies all the same sex which makes it tough.  My latest cull I killed off 15 rexs and realized all but one were female.  All my fav colored rexs hatched at 182 but im currently hatching lv 223 babies that dont look near as good.  I will eventually try to breed the 182 and 223+ dinos but that will mean a LOT of culls because of the randomness of stats to get the stats and colored baby I ultimately desire.

I've had 10 babies so far and only 2 color mutations, but they're just regular colors you can find in the wild, but different from the parents. The most common color mutations I've seen so far is blue, cyan, pink, purple, bright green, and phoenix red. Yes all the pictures shown are really that bright. BTW I play on xbox official primitive pve server. Msg me at gamertag Nefarious Dave. I'm sure I'll have some dope looking dinos pretty soon.

9 hours ago, Penney said:

I have a Question about Inbreeding. People told me it will not work anymore with Breeding Phase 3 but it still does work but how does it affect Mutations? Can i still get Mutations in Inbreeding? Are they more rare if i do inbreeding? If not can i get Mutations with Inbreeded Dino + Wild Tame?

The next breeding pass will make it so inbreeding can also cause defects to show up. However, inbreeding in real life (usually called line breeding) is not always a bad thing. There are many cases where line breeding animals IS beneficial when done correctly, so I would assume the same could be said for Ark even after the next breeding pass. The potential benefits may outweigh the risks for some breeders - while others may choose to steer clear of inbreeding at all costs. To each their own.

You can get mutations in both stats and colour with inbreeding as well as with unrelated breeders. I've had mutations show up in a baby from 2 wild caught adults, as well as multi-generation heavily inbred lines. Just depends on what you as a breeder are willing to try.

Archived