Random Mutations Color or Stat based?

Sapphira

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, kungpas said:

how mutations work?

How do mutations work? It would be beneficial to read the other 5 pages of this article first.... To answer your question though mutations occur as a byproduct breeding, particularly inbreeding, and can manifest themselves as either stat based or color based mutations. For more information read the rest of the article.

12 hours ago, TheLastNerb said:

Im not my tribes main breeder and I have a possibly noobish question. If I know the mutation is not stat based, and the color mutation doesnt jump out at me, how can I know what mutated? I had some bears with a color mutation but dont even notice a difference

I haven't gotten a mutation yet, but I'm 99% sure you can check the ancestry log

2 minutes ago, TheLastNerb said:

Thats what I mean. If I check the log and see it has a mutation,  and figure it is not stat based and cant see what colors are mutated how can I tell?

From what I understand, granted I am no expert, if it is not a stat based mutation it has to be a color mutation. With the color mutation though it is any possible color and any possible color area on each creature. That means that unfortunately some color mutations would be very similar to a naturally occurring color or on a smaller area of the animal. Maybe check the wiki for naturally occurring colors and the color regions for each animal and try to see if something is different. Hope that got closer to your question.

25 minutes ago, Zazs89 said:

From what I understand, granted I am no expert, if it is not a stat based mutation it has to be a color mutation. With the color mutation though it is any possible color and any possible color area on each creature. That means that unfortunately some color mutations would be very similar to a naturally occurring color or on a smaller area of the animal. Maybe check the wiki for naturally occurring colors and the color regions for each animal and try to see if something is different. Hope that got closer to your question.

Thats a good idea ty. I appreciate the help

Been breeding Thorny Dragons en mass during this event. At first I only got a white belly-boarder mutation and was working with that for awhile, then recently got a silver/gray top, green belly, green boarder-belly, light blue belly and a dark blue top that looks pretty cool. Ill get more screenshots once they are grown up but this one is subtle but cool as hell, bloody looking spikes :D gonna try and get it onto my silverbacks soon.

9642EEE6C42051DAB8744A95715CCAE7C8F11742

Archived