UI Discussion: Dino Inventory & Overlay, Engram Page, Player HUD, + Multi Wheel

Jatheish

Please please please PLEASE let us create our own tabs in the inventory, choose which tab gets stuff by default, make the 3d character view in its own tab so that you can have more room on the screen to display things, and make the UI health icons and such more colorful.  It's incredibly bland right now and feels like it's a placeholder.  If the icons changed color from something like green all the way down to red the lower they get, it would look really cool.  Also on the subject of the health icons, I think there should be an option to always display the numbers underneath the respective icons.

Also, I know a folder system exists for engrams you have already learned, but I think having a engram tree going vertically downwards for when you are learning engrams would be a cool edition.

Also, the inventory on consoles is stupendously annoying to operate with because it's laggy and I think having it be a system where the right analog stick controls a "mouse" that you could use to drag items and stuff around like in Minecraft's inventory system would improve the quality of the game on consoles immensely.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/17/2016 at 2:42 AM, Malrama said:

The most important thing for me in this case: Learn multiple Engrams at once!!!

When you play on a modded server or even vanilla, you just stand there and learn engrams for 30 minutes! Add a button, that learns multiple engrams at once (If enough points are available ofc). Stating from the first available and then go along the lines until all points are unsed. Currently it really is a pain!

An addition to this would be the ability to select an engram and if it has dependencies that you haven't learned yet, you have the option to learn the selected engram and all the dependencies if you have enough engram points. This would help with taking a mind wipe, you could go right to the fabricator for example and it would learn all the dependencies from clicking one engram. A message would pop up saying "you don't have all the required dependencies, would you like to learn the selected engram and all it's dependencies?" Click yes, and viola. Fabricator learned and all the required engrams to get to the fabricator.

A few ideas I think would be useful.

Player/Dino Inventory:

• Ability to lock items in player/dino inventory to prevent them from the transfer all option.
  • It would be nice to have two inventories for your dinos. One inventory would be for food the dino will eat and the other could be for everything else. This way if I wanted to keep kibble on my dino during transport to a dino I was going to tame, to benefit from the increase in food spoilage time, the dino wouldn't eat from the non-edible inventory.
  • I would like to see my own stats when in the dino's inventory. Its hard to see how much weight I am pulling off the dino before it is too late and I am over-encumbered.

General Inventory Dino or Player:

• It would be nice to be able to set a resource exclusion for dinos while gathering. For instance, when I am farming on a Casteroide, I only want wood and thatch. I could have the option to exclude berries from gathering. The casteroide would accept berries if I physically put them in its inventory, but wouldn't collect while gathering.

Player UI:

• Currently the hot bar allows for the basic 10 options. RB could also be used to expand to the left for 5 more options allowing for 15 hotbar options on the consoles. Some other controls may have to be moved to accommodate this.

Dino Taming UI:

• Add percentages to the Torpor and Taming bars when taming a dino. I would like to see the percentage of torpor left on the torpor bar and the percentage to completion on the taming bar.

Multi Wheel:

• Tribe Management Options
    • Dino Whistle, Inventory, and Ride Ranks
      • In order to change the levels for each of these options you have to continually select "Increase/Decrease Rank" over and over to get to higher or lower levels. It would be easier to just have one option for each. This would also free up space on the wheel for other options. For example if tribe ranks are set the default wheel would display the following:
        • Change Dino Whistle Rank - Rank 0
        • Change Dino Inventory Rank - Rank 0
        • Change Dino Ride Rank - Rank 0
        • Selecting any of these options would open a text box to allow the user to set the rank they want. If I wanted rank 10 for a selected tribe ranking option, I would enter 10 in the text box and click "set". The new options, if I wanted them all rank 10 would look like the following after setting 10 for each option:
          • Change Dino Whistle Rank - Rank 10
          • Change Dino Inventory Rank - Rank 10
          • Change Dino Ride Rank - Rank 10
        • Another option to make this easy, since tribe rankings are all managed through the tribe manager, the physical rank could be selected instead of a number value. For example:
          • If my tribe has the following ranks:
            • Tribe Owner - N/A
            • Admin - N/A
            • Council - 8
            • Warrior - 6
            • Worker - 4
            • Initiate - 2
            • Outcast - 0
          • When I select to change the ranking to one of the three options, I am presented with a menu of the available ranks. Tribe owners and admins would see all the ranks. Council would see everything from Warrior to Outcast. Warrior would only see Worker to Outcast, etc. If I wanted a specific dino's inventory, riding, and whistling to only allow warriors and above, I would select just Warrior. You could mix and match. This is just another example of how to handle the ranking system on the dinos.

One issue with farming, IMHO, is that it sometimes takes longer to store and craft things than it takes to farm in advanced situations (meaning high level dino two player Quetz platform farming). In those situations, a Dino inventory can hold a lot more weight then even a higher level PVE player will probably have skilled. So you need multiple trips between different inventories to transfer items. Even with the platform nerf, an Anky can hold 10k weight on a good weight skilled Quetzal. With 450 weight skill you can transfer 4 stacks of metal at a time, with 10k weight beeing 50 stacks of metal. That's 12.5 round trips if you don't have to move, and 25 if you do. If you have to sort the inventory each time because you also need stone and it is mixed in between the metal things get even more annoying. If we take a beaver, with the weight reduction, it's inventory can be even larger. Both combined can easily hold the resources to craft 100+ stone foundations/ceilings/walls, but to craft it you have to make lots of round trips between the Ankylo/Doedi and the Beaver to top of your inventory. It is not fun, at least to me, and I would really appreciate some improvements on this part. This could be:

• Using both the player inventory and the remote inventory for crafting would be a huge improvement, as this would remove the weight issue, and the need to transfer things before crafting.
  • Beeing able to directly transfer from a dino inventory to another inventory would be great. I think this would work well if we had the ability to access other inventories while riding a Dino, and then have all 3 inventories available: my own, the ridden Dino, and the remote 3rd inventory. We could then ride our pack mules of choice and transfer items with just 2 transfers from one storage area to another (source -> mule, mule -> destination) instead of 4 currently (source -> me, me -> mule, mule -> me, me -> destination). This would also combo well with remote resource crafting (ride Doedi, access Beaver, craft stone structures).
  • Stacks should be automatically topped off. Meaning: if I transfer 100 fibre into a container with two stacks of 150 fibre each, the result should be two stacks of 200 fibre, not two stacks of 150 fibre and one stack of 100. Or rather, the ideal solution would be something that does not result in a container to contain two stacks which are not topped of in the first place. It is annoyingly time consuming to merge partial stacks, and with meat spoilage especially it occurs really often. A button to at least automate it would help, but IMHO this should not happen in the first place, at least not when items gets transferred. For meat in a trough for example, if you want to keep the per stack spoilage, a get all and transfer all back should top of all stacks but one, instead of only merging "half or less" stacks. (Meat spoilage is really annoying in general, btw ;))
  • Transferring items into a container with folders where one folder is open should place those items in that folder, not into the top level. Manual drag and drop of 50 stacks is no fun.
  • "Transfer all" while in a folder should only get everything in that folder, or a "get all from current folder" button should be added. "Get all from current folder" should not transfer things from sub-folders.
  • The "T" button to transfer the item under the cursor is really helpful. A button to transfer everything of that type would be even more so.
  • Selecting a default sorting method for inventories would be useful.
  • Not knowing your own weight stat is annoying, as it is time consuming and annoying to check whether you can still move or not. Take all is not very convenient in that regard as it does not actually take everything, but only until about twice your weight stat. "Take really all" would be useful if you don't have to move but simply wish to transfer 50 stacks of metal from your Ankylo to your Industrial Forge. "Take all so that I am not overweight", or at least so that you can still move would be useful in all other situations, as the use case mostly involves either transferring really everything without moving, or being able to move. This also applies to my proposed "take everything of this type" button.
  • I would also appreciate an indication of how full a storage container is without opening the inventory. It is quite common to have multiple large boxes for one resource next to each other, for example 10 hide boxes. Now if I want to store the 50 stacks of hide from the last 5 Giga meat runs I either remember which boxes were full and which where not, or I open every box until I find one which is not full...

I haven't had the chance to dig into this in great detail, but two suggestions right off the cuff:

1. For the radial menu, there's a lot of options for it and it's getting easy to get lost. Maybe adding a colour-coding scheme would help with identifying the options a little bit quicker.

2. Is it possible to get a button to access the inventory of shoulder mounts without throwing them off?

If I get a chance in the next little bit I'll upload some pics as well as a few more suggestions.

I think the multi wheel is great, but like some people said it can be somewhat crowded with options.

A way to fix this could be to group options together,

For example you have all aggression option grouped in 1 option, click on it and you can get a secondary menu that pops up with all the aggression types. (passive, aggressive, etc ..)

This could also be done with some other option like with the dino's with extra passanger seats and with follow commands maiby.

I hope this explanation somewhat makes sense, english is not my native language.

Have you considered doing away with the radial style menu entirely?   With the number of options that keep getting added to dino management it seems like the radial style menu may become unfeasible.  Perhaps you can have one of your UI guys mock up a more traditional block style menu system where the focus locks to the confines of the menu. Block/list style menus are far more scale-able than radials.

Also, a more robust and long term solution would be to change the foundation of your UI to be more like a open API - so modders can easily design custom UIs that can provide varied functions -- similar to how Blizzard has the World of Warcraft UI api.  It would have to be workable with the limitations of Official Servers - so locking down certain functions to prevent a modded UI from say- using the TekHelmet visor actions without a tek visor - would need tobe done. But it would end up effectivly outsourcing your UI development and users would be given numerous choices on how they want information presented to them and how to sort and interact with inventories.

On 12/16/2016 at 10:43 PM, Rapterex said:

I'm fine with the cure system, but I don't like the screen spam when killing or gathering a lot. Possibly make it so the text doesn't cover the entire screen. And also when there is a level up avilible it covers lots of information on the screen, who joined, helpful tips, what you've gathered. Please fix that it's vey annoying.

Ditto. Maybe a bottom right chat-style overlay with small simple text. This could also be a great way to popup any sort of achievements or similar announcements.

Or how about extending the current chat overlay with tabs and some sort of alert on the tab to show you have new messages in there. 

Just a couple thoughts off the top of my head.

Make an option to turn off the bloom on your client.

I say this on behalf a lot of people to have this as an option it will save on so much graphic wise as well not dealing with blinding lighting this is many other games as an option since day one of their release game. I would like to say most people would be grateful about this.

21 hours ago, Engraverwilliam said:

I would like to see a toggle for building lable toggle. As I walk around my base I do not need to see every floor and wall lable. I can turn it back on if I need to do some construction.

I like the above idea. What about adding a dedicated construction mode? At the press of a button (or two), the item lables appear and the hotbar changes to a blank one which you can only equip tools and building components to. I would enjoy something like that. The lables do take away from environmental emersion sometimes.

Separate the dino inventory of players to personal inventory and like have a separate backpack or saddle inventory for dinos, so that we can transferor drop items without combing what we have on us to stay. should not have to wade through to pick out ammo and such each time we are transferring large amounts of inventory from dinos. 

Radial menu's are a bad UI decision - you either have to make multiple pages which forces people to click multiple times just to get to a single option, or, as you have done in Ark, make the menu options get bigger or smaller/change the size of the text which is really off putting from a UX perspective.

Context Menus, the kinds that PCs have been using for decades perform all the above functions but with less clicks and more consistency.

I've wondered if there isn't a simpler way to include a mini-menu that appears on hovering over a certain structures inventory.

Like walking up to the forge would probably show 3 items with a button for each to fill the inventory or not.

Mostly just because I find myself using the same materials/items on the same pieces of equipment, if the smithy new I had metal ingots in my inventory then I could just walk up and when the auto-transfer button shows up I could hit it and make that process way faster.

I think overall I just wish I spent less time in the inventory screens of this game, and I think with more playing and development you guys will feel the same way.

I work on UX/UI for websites all day long so I understand it's hard to see improvements until you find problems. 

Player HUD:

• I suggest incorporating something like the Stat Bars mod in replacement for the current health, stamina etc indicators. It is clearer how much health etc you have with a bar, and the additional colored section on the weight stat are very helpful for determining how close I am to encumbered.
  • Would be nice to have the option for more hotkeys, as I find I am constantly changing what I have on there. I suggest keys F1-F10 in addition to 1-0 (on PC). The extra displayed elements can either be an extra row above the existing row in the HUD, or side by side with the others if the screen is large enough.

Engrams:

• They can be a bit slow to scroll through, especially if you have lots of mods installed, and lots of OverrideNamedEngramEntries listed in the game.ini.

Multi-wheel:

• I don't like how the same wheel option ends up in different places, even for the same class of dino! I would like for at least the most commonly used options (eg enable/disable wandering), to remain in the same place.

In support of other's suggestions:

• I'd like the gender to be displayed in dino inventory screen
  • Would be nice to have an easier way to learn an engram when prerequisites haven't been learnt.

Player UI

• One improvement that would be very welcomed is Auto Stacking. This would function similar to Minecraft and should function in all inventories and storage boxes.
    • EX: You are about to put some thatch away after gathering. You open up a storage container and want to put the thatch away in the storage box. If you have a stack of 75 thatch on you and the only item is one stack of 50 in the box, then the 75 should automatically fill the stack of 50 until it reaches its max stack (which is 100 for thatch), and then it should start a new stack with the 25 left over.
    • Right now items will stack (if they are the same item) only if the stack the player is adding won’t put the stack already inside the storage box over its max. If it does then it doesn’t add to the stack, it will make it’s own and then there will be 2 stacks that are neither full.
    • Auto Stacking would just make storing items a lot more manageable and organized. 
  • I would like to see the character model take up less room in order to have more room for the items in the inventory/ craftables. (I would like to see more than just a 5 x 4 of items at a time.)
  • Also when you scroll over an item and leave your cursor there, the item info appears automatically while you continue to highlight the item. This blocks me from seeing other items in my inventory and would be a good idea to make that feature accessible through a toggle button. (EX: hold LB or click LB to see the info for that item)
  • I like that you can sort your inventory alphabetically. It would be even better if you could choose one of these sorting methods as a default so your items were organized all the time.

Player HUD

• The level up notification at the top of a players screen is very obtrusive if the player doesn’t want to level up right then. It will stay on screen until a player chooses to level up. This could be improved by making the level up notification into a symbol rather than text. It could also be in the top right corner for example rather than in the center.
  • Spyglass on Dino’s is not great. I use it all the time, so it would be nice if the spyglass functioned the same as when you aren’t riding a Dino. So once you've equip the spyglass, while riding a Dino, it should just be in your hand and then when you hit a button (RB) it will come up to your face. Players should have the option to hold or to toggle this feature.
  • The player HUD has overlapping text that makes it hard to read. The “(Hold for More Options)” which you could just move it one line spacing up and then it wouldn’t overlap the storage box name, fridge, etc.

Engrams

• The Engram UI could be improved by making it into a tree system in order to show logic of learning pre requisites for other engrams down the road. If you want to learn an engram and you don’t have the pre requisites there should be an option that learns all the pre requisites if the player has enough engrams to do so without tracking all of them down before learning the engram they want.

Shouldered Dino UI

• If a player has a shouldered Dino, the Dino’s UI should be displayed as a tab within the players UI. Instead of having to throw the Dino off in order to see the Dino’s stats or inventory

Radial Wheel UI

• I don’t like how the same wheel option ends up in different places, even for the same class of Dino. I would like for most (if not all) of the options to stay in the same locations, roughly, on the wheel
  • When there is too many options on the wheel it gets more cluttered and makes it easier to make a mistake and choose the wrong option. A way to get around this is to have every Dino have a similar Radial Wheel UI layout. 
    • EX: Each wheel would have 12 slices in the wheel. This is an appropriate amount because you have the 4 basic directions (up, left, right, and down); Which should be the most important 4 since they are easiest to remember and highlight. Then there would be 2 slices for each diagonal.
    • EX: Each Dino should have, say enable wandering, for the bottom slice of the wheel; And they each should have Ride for the top slice. This way it’s the same for most, if not all, of the Dino’s; Which will make it easier to remember which options are where.
  • Now if there are more options for that Dino or less than the Default amount, in this case 12, then you can add a second tier to the Radial UI. And if there’s less then there could be blank slices so that it still has the same layout as other Dino’s and room for more options in the future.
    • If there are more options then you can add a second tier Radial UI or another type that gives multiple options on it. So this system would have the most used commands/ options in the first wheel and then one option for “more” and that would have extra commands for that Dino. This could also work well for Cycle Aggression, Change Targeting Range, Following Distance, and other options that have multiple selections that you have to cycle through otherwise. 

Folders

• Having folders is great for people that want to organize their inventories. One problem is say you make a few folders and organize items into those folders and then die. When you die your folder go away, making it a nussance to make them over every death. Its just one more thing you have to do. So being able to have folders stay with you even after death would be a good start.

Transferring Multiple Items From Inventory

• There should be a function to transfer a group or multiple items from your inventory to a Dino’s inventory or a storage box without transferring all of them
    • This would be nice to have as an option on Dino’s and storage boxes also
    • An alternative option is to “transfer unsorted items” which would transfer all items not in a folder. So you could transfer resources and items without transferring your gear, tools, and other basic items you want to keep

Dino UI

• The first improvement should add Dino’s genders to their inventory.
  • Secondly there should be a way to see the Dino’s Wild Stats in order for breeding purposes. This would make it way easier to find, say a high HP Pteranodon. You can know what your Pteranodon Wild HP Stat is and then be able to find another one that has a higher HP Stat than yours.
  • Dino’s need an option of Aggression that allows them to run away from predators or players trying to kill them. 
  • Dino’s need an option that allows them to set a Home location for each Dino. This could allow the player to tell the Dino go back Home to take back resources, for a tribe mate that wants to use that Dino, or to keep alive because its getting low on health.
  • It would be great to have separate buttons for ride/dismount a Dino and opening a gate or opening a door. 
  • The ability to see my players weight while looking at a Dino’s inventory

Options

• If you are an admin you can type “Stat FPS” in to the console command and then you will have a fps counter near the top right of your screen. I use this all the time and would like to see it as an option in the option menu so any player can turn it on if they choose to.
  • If your on Xbox, you can hold down select and a HUD will come up. While doing this you can see numerical values over your health, stamina, etc. I would like to be able to have an option to keep this on so that I could see the numerical values of m y stats, without opening my inventory or holding select.

So my thoughts are, and many reiterate what others have said:

-Would like open door button to be different than dismount.

-Would like special attack to not also be drop creature I have on my shoulder(namely the ptera roll also dropping my monkey/compy/jerboa)

-Would like to see 'Whistle Follow All' either have a confirmation or be moved so as to not accidentally choose that.  Such as ordering them thusly: Whistle Follow One, Whistle Stop One, Whistle Stop All, Whistle Follow All.

-Xbox having a hotkey for at least 1 whistle.

-Giving another hotbar space, such as using LB/L1 + the other two D-Pad buttons

-Possibly making multiple wheel menus when they reach a certain threshold, similar to 'Emotes'.  This would be greatly helpful when there are some 15+ options to sort through and each slice is super super small.

-Move the 'Exit to Main Menu' button on the Pause Menu to the bottom, so I don't accidentally choose that one when I'm trying to enter 'Options' in the pause menu.

-Allowing transfer 'hotkeys' for Xbox.  Much like LT/L2 drops an item and RT/R2 eats/remote uses an item, let us click the joysticks to transfer a stack instead of holding A/X.

-Allow option for dinos to keep only certain resources and drop others in their menu

This may be too much, but I'm going to ask for it anyways:

-Overhaul the console UI's to use radial menus for engrams.  I think it would make navigation smoother.  You could even make them pop out so their larger than the current inventory management screen.  Maybe this could even translate to the inventory itself, but that might be a little tough/become very complex.

That is all I can think of for now.  I know that there is one creature that as an action/button sequence that is extremely frustrating, but I can't think of it for the life of me right now.  I also understand that this is a big list of far out wishes.  And some of these items may not be fully related, sorry if I got carried away.

Platinum

Great suggestions, many of the ones I'd add/change have been mentioned, but I'll list them again for emphasis on what I'd like to see.

UI needs to be more console specific for the consoles and might require them to be very different, and related to this I've seen suggestions for changing it to a cursor type UI, if you do this PLEASE make sure to do some usability testing with players as I've seen it done very poorly before in some games for console. :( I do realize that it will make things difficult to test/implement if the UI is too different though, but playing on a console is very different from playing on a PC.

Dino Inventories
    Keep sort type the same as it was the last time in the inventory and perhaps more obvious how it is sorted so you don't forget it's sorted by name rather than by location in the inventory. :)
    Filter all to selected item
    If the chatpad or keyboard is selected have the inventory that has focus auto filter without having to go into the text entry UI on the console
    Restack all to selected item or restack all items
    Show taming status on screen
    Show sex and level of dino more clearly
    Show your weight in dino inventory
    Craft in dino inventory for engrams possible in your inventory and the ones you would normally like say in a beaver inventory if possible there
    Have an additional pocket/inventory/lock for items that you want to always keep and not removed when doing take all unless actually in that inventory.  And/or make a resource gathering inventory separate from a regular inventory.
    Make inventory of shoulder mount accessible both while just standing or mounted on a tame
    Allow some things to happen without having to even go into the inventory, like say take all.  Especially killed dinos, drops when you die, beacons, storage, etc
    Keep the Take all and still be encumbered, but also a Take All that is non-encumbered so I don't have to keep putting items back, though showing your weight in the dino inventory makes this a bit easier.
    A Take All of the selected type button
    UI to allow you to see original tamed stats and/or other components of taming/breeding

Perhaps change how stacks work for resource type things, not thought through this all so there could be more problems than it solves.
    So for things like wood, stone etc.  To stack to much larger sizes to make inventories of these easier to go through?  
    For spoilable resources also stack higher but for spoil timers might need to change how quickly things spoil by how high they're stacked and what type of resource they are.
    One possible benefit to these higher stacks are less things that the server needs to track for spoiling.  If I had 100 prime stacked it spoils faster, but it's only one stack to keep track of vs 100 stacks.

Radial/Multi Wheels
    Switch the text to say what option you're going to not from
    Make whistles and emotes easier to do - perhaps allow using the key press of an attached chatpad or keyboard
    Perhaps make it so you can configure the Right Bumper + button (similar to the equip item buttons) for emotes and/or whistles
    If keeping the wheel it's very hard to not accidently pick the wrong item, sometimes I accidently do a whistle to set dino to aggressive or to follow all
    Saw a suggestion similar to this already, but make say the aggression level settings or follow whistles have a different color or a border to indicate those, makes getting to a particular whistle/option quicker
    Perhaps as was mentioned think of a different UI for the radial wheel as it's getting crouded and it's way too easy to select the wrong item and hard to quickly get to the right one

Player HUD
    Make dino labels easier to turn and off
    As was mentioned as well, make the UI for what the structure is easy to turn on off, useful for when something is broken or when you are constructing but other times makes the UI noisy
    Make stats that are at low levels for player and mount more obvious color/flashing/etc
    Make gathering or kills less obtrusive, not completely blocking screen
    Have level up UI dismiss after a while
    Make Chat easier to dismiss or show - sometimes stays up and doesn't go away, I think it might be the ones from admins
    Make Chat scrollable on Consoles
    Also, make it so that you can see previous chat if you get disconnected due to crash or network issues
    Make the Chat show which one you are in tribe vs global (and alliance once that is a thing)
    Make the Chat area selectable and if I have a keyboard or chatpad connected to the Xbox console make it so that I don't have to enter the text UI, just allow me to type so my vision isn't blocked by the keyboard UI
    Don't make the name dino dialog automatically pop up when you tame a dino nearby, alert that it was tamed just not a blocking UI
    Make bloom quality and lightshafts a changeable config option rather than having to type in the admin commands.
    If HUD includes Spyglass then take advantage of the analog aspect of the Xbox (or PS) controller and make it so that the farther you move the stick the faster it moves or perhaps make a zoom in and out type mechanism, it's really difficult at times to find things with the Xbox when using the spyglass as either they move to fast or it points in an unexpected area when looking.  It should be much easier to use and find things similar to real life.
    If we're not fixing the tamed dinos following too closely getting stuck on me how about a whistle for move away from me, or also allow me to set a distance for following dinos to be farther if they get to close while they're following me?
    Make Dismount different button press than open door or make the method different
    Give button press to make dino on shoulder dismount while you are mounted on a dino already
    If spyglass is active when off mount, make inactive when getting on mount

Engram Page
    Perhaps filter out already learned engrams or make that toggleable or an option to change
    Ability to learn an engram and any required for that one so long as you have enough points, or make it more obvious all the ones below in the tree required when you select one
    On the console it's also way too easy to accidently pick and learn an engram not sure how to improve this other than make it possible to undo learning of an engram so long as you don't leave that UI/Page
    Perhaps a UI similar to how Minecraft works for picking engrams, so a tab for Saddles, Tools, Weapons, Structures, Other?  Not thought this fully through.
    Similar to the sorting mechanism, make it such that when the engrams are listed if I hit a button on the keyboard connected to my Xbox Console or the chatpad filter to those items with that letter without have to go back and forth to the keyboard UI for consoles

Dino Floating overlay - But also about player HUD:
> I think we could benefit from how they have the overlay in the game "The Division" You have a floating overlay (well for your player only there) but for your dino instead of dino information to the right above your own vital stats.
> i think the HUD is butt ugly - sorry but i do. Need more color variation or graphical images, and cool borders. Not to much though so it gets strange to look at, but not this game from the 80's look :). I do like that you get more information pressing H button, please keep that.
> Have Alliance, Tribe or ingame added friends names in different colors in chat
> Have ignore option to people in chat since some are there to spam so you cant type during an ongoing RAID.

The E jump off button
> I dont know how many times i have jumped off and destroyed and x-plant, opened a dino gate door or whatever.

Engram page
> I Really like how you can text search - but maybe divide the engrams into categories also?

Inventory
> I really like how you can type a name like "Raw Meat" and then transfer all that to player inventory from a dino (or vice versa).
> It would be nice though to perhaps have the option to save that search - so i  dont have to type "raw meat" all the time.
> Also would be nice to be able to transfer to player max weight, so when moving out "raw meat or whatever" from a dino you wont get overburdened
> Drag n Drop, I like drag half or one, but maybe we also could get the option to input the exact number we want to split to

Transperancy
> I like a HUD or Inventory to be partly transperent like it is now

The wheel
> Emotes Is very very annoying to do from the "wheel".
> I do like the Wheel on Dinos though, but the wheel have different options depending on how far you are from the dinos
> For multiple choice actions like set aggression Passive, neutral, aggresive, would be better to have ONE entry on the wheel and when selecing it you roll out to a new outer part of the wheel where you can set one of the 3 mentioned. This is better instead of taking up parts of the Inner wheel.

I might come up with more tips, but this is what i got for now..
keep up the work for this good game!

Archived