UI Discussion: Dino Inventory & Overlay, Engram Page, Player HUD, + Multi Wheel

Jatheish

I play on the PS4. I think any menu/inventory system that works well on PC probably wouldn't work well on console but it holds up well all things considered. I like that there are shortcut buttons to do quick tasks like drop items or separate them in half. Etc. Here are some things i've noticed and some suggestions. (not necessarily in order of importance):

• When you highlight/select an item in the inventory a secondary window pops up almost immediately that obscures everything around it. This makes looking through the inventory a pain because I have to constantly shift the selection around to prevent this secondary window from appearing, otherwise it blocks the rest of the items in the inventory. This window should either be substantially, moved away from being on top of the rest of the inventory, or only activated with a button. I would prefer the button option.
  • I like that you can sort the inventory by weight/alphabetically etc. I would like it more if you could choose a default method. It's not clear how the inventory is sorted by default.
  • The quick wheel, or whatever it is that pops up when you hold the touch-pad, seems like a wasted feature. Not only that but the controls are backwards. If I want to select the orbit camera, which is at the top left of this radial menu, I have to actually push down. The rest of the menu seems like it just shows you what is in your hot bar already. What is the point of this radial menu? For example, I already have torch assigned to the L-dpad. Why would I also want to hold the touchpad and select it from there? There is no benefit of this feature. There are other games out there that utilize the touch pad for quick inventory things. You could swipe left for your inventory, swipe right for your crafting, swipe up for engrams, etc. etc. Currently I only use this menu to access the orbital camera and every time it's a huge pain to do so.
  • I wish that there was a way that while you were in your animal's inventory you could also see your own stats (specifically the weight) When I am over encumbered and I'm passing things to my Dino, it would be nice to my own weight so I can know when i've dropped enough.
  • In general it would be nice if the Dino's inventory were visually distinct from the player inventory so it's obvious whose inventory you are in.
  • The radial menu that pops up when you hold triangle is confusing. Do I want to cycle "to" aggresive, or "from" aggressive? Am I cycling "to" low follow distance or "from" medium. It was very confusing at first. Also, some of the text that pops up when you look at a dino is way too small to read. Instead of useful information being large and legible I am greeted with this pop-up window being filled primarily by a graphic rendering of the animals head. Make the important information larger and more legible.
  • When outside of menus, while looking at items the text is overlayed on top of itself. The "hold triangle for more options" completely covers the rest of the text rendering it illegible. This should be the absolute first thing you fix.
  • In the inventory there are a few things that seem like they served a purpose on PC but I can't find their purpose on PS4. There is this empty text-bar at the top that appears to be some sort of search function? I don't get it.
  • General navigation around the menus with either the d-pad or the joystick is very clunky and counter intuitive. I can't tell you how many times I go to select the option to spend engram points and pass it accidentally. Just make the engram screen a separate window like crafting.
  • As far as systems I would prefer. A good example to follow (not necessarily in format, but in concept) is DIablo 3. They have a menu designed for PC but they completely overhauled it for console. I think trying to make the same menu that works on PC function for console is always going to be an uphill battle. Instead I would re design it from the ground up with a controller in mind.
  • In general the menu/inventory was a huge turn off for the first few hours of gameplay. I slowly got used to it but it is not very intuitive or welcoming to new players. Not only am I trying to figure out how to survive, I am clumsily bumbling around in the menus.

Overall great port. I have been waiting for this game for a while and have been having a ton of fun.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An option in the feeding trough inventory to highlight the ground, showing the full range of the trough feed range.

Also would be great to see it's range highlighted when placing the trough.

Stack raw meat in stacks of 30 For trough spoil times, as well as them syncing up with stacks of cooked meat.

I would love to see taming / maturation / unconscious, etc., bars being able to be toggled to a numerical % value.

Also scaling of the whole UI - would be great to toggle inventories to small icons or even stretch it to the size we prefer. After playing for so long most could probably have it very small allowing us to see our environment while performing tasks.

Toggle button to permanently see the % numbers of things like health and taming would be great !

Also - I'd like to see the option -- Follow Distance "From" Low   wording changed so it reads, -- Follow Distance "To" Medium  

----    (I like to know what I'm changing an option "To", not what option am I changing from...)

7 hours ago, Neizan said:

I found this in Youtube a few months ago, and I love it
:

especially I love in this video:

-the blue color and the design

-inventory at center

-equipment at side of the player

-engrams sort by categories

-all the concept xP

Credits: http://tai-doan.tumblr.com/

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/tai-doan-170088ba

Having this would be great! I would love to see this in ark!

3 hours ago, Mendoza said:

Toggle button to permanently see the % numbers of things like health and taming would be great !

Like the little floating hud box which you only see when close to a dino, shows current vitals and taming progress nd torpor. An option to toggle always I when unconscious and/or an option to turn it on for a specific dino.

Hide floating name toggle option(like for our less important egg layers). Things such as option to follow/stop, go neutral/passive should keep to the wheel. But setting distances, changing names, spaying, or unclaiming could be in a nice little section of the dino inventory screen somewhere. As they are less  pressing issues which could be tolerated an extra click to access. 

If you're close enough to a dino to select it, you should be able to mount it. I don't like having to reselect my dino by moving it over a quarter inch because the options aren't all appearing in my wheel because I don't have the saddle selected.

19 hours ago, Jat said:

(I play mostly on xbox)

• What do you like about the current system?

I really appreciate the option to pull RT to use and LT to drop items. It makes for quick and easy inventory cleaning

• What sort of problems do you face with the current system?

Unfortinately I often whistle all follow when I don't intend to (with the radial wheel). Whistling commands are very challenging on the Xbox in general- especially in an intense situation

• What do you dislike about the current system?

the radial wheel for whistle commands is frustrating and slow.

Also, transferring stacks in bulk is slow (currently I have to hold A to transfer an item or a stack between inventories)

• Are there any examples of systems you would prefer?

rather than using the radial wheel for whistles, I'd prefer to hold RB and use D-pad or buttons to whistle commands (much like the current tool/weapon hotbar system which uses LB). Also, could we have an in game option to use a cursor in the inventory rather than up/down/left/right to toggle between items? (With curser sensitivity options too)

I'm not sure if this applies to the topic but I would LOVE to be able to hold the torch in the off hand... I gotta defend myself in the dark... Also to be able to gather berries with my off hand without unequipping pick/ax/melee weapon. it seems silly I wouldn't be armed in the dangerous and unknown wilderness while foraging. Thank you for this game! I'm always eager to play more and hear news!

Xbox

- In the personal stats instead of a plus, 2 arrows to adjust the level and an agree button/or when pressed "B" to agree.

- An "Agree" and "Cancel" button at Engrams and when pressed on again to unlearn. (Ofcourse only what has been pressed to learn in that session)

- The button "remove accessory" or "X" in this case to remove the clip that's inside the weapon, like a tranq-dart stuck in a broken rifle.

- Maybe armor should equip itself if there isn't anything in the slot.

- A ground clutter bar in the options menu.

On 12/16/2016 at 8:02 PM, Jat said:

We received a lot of feedback regarding our previous discussion on Player's Inventory screen. We're now looking to collect feedback and suggestions from the community regarding the; Dino Inventory & Overlay, Engram Page, Player HUD, and Multi Wheel.

• What do you like about the current system?
  • What sort of problems do you face with the current system?
  • What do you dislike about the current system?
  • Are there any examples of systems you would prefer?

Any feedback you can provide would be great! It doesn't have to be limited to these points above, but keep in mind this discussion is directly about the Dino Inventory & Overlay, Engram Page, Player HUD, and Multi Wheel ;).

Engrams:
I would suggest getting rid of the question marks hiding what item names are. Its a pointless feature that is made obsolete when we use the search option. The second thing i would change would be to make that screen more customized by allowing us to change the sizes of the icons for our personal preference, I wouldn't mind smaller icons so I could see more on my 40inch screen. Another suggestion for the engram screen would be a option would be to right click a engram, this would bring up a screen that would show its cost, a resource breakdown option, what its built by, and show a 3d representation what it looks like (how big it is ingame, perhaps represented with a image of object on checkered colored foundations/walls or what it looks like on a armor stand?) (basically all this could turn the engram screen into a object wiki!)

Dino inventory:
The biggest things I dislike about the inventories are taming the wildlife, specifically feeding them narcotics, add in a use 20 option when we have narcotics selected in the inventory screen. A filter to automatically drop specific items after they reach a certain amount in inventory, Like if a bronto reached 3000 amar berries it would drop a sack with everything listed in the filter. Or another option for a filter would be a button to "drop filtered" to just drop everything we have filtered without throwing out hundreds of packages. (or options to not gather specific things like one of the above posts says)

Another thing I would add would be a taming window above the knocked out dinos inventory screen that shows what it needs to be tamed and how much time it takes. The timers would count down (specially helpful for starve tamers to see how long it would take till they need to feed it kibble), Along with a wake up timer influenced by narcotics used on it.

The costume slots in the inventory screen... make it so we can put headwear costumes on all tames instead of ones with just saddles. Also I read that players will unlock all the costumes when game is officially released? Make it so we can click the costume slots within our tames inventory to "always" pick the granted costumes instead of cluttering the players inventory with them...

Multi Wheel:
I have many things that I dislike the most about the multi-wheel, the manual aggression changes are my biggest. The wheel really needs to compress the options, perhaps into a smaller wheel, example: When I open up the screen I can mouse over a option called stance, this will bring smaller options around the edge of the wheel that I can choose from (passive, neutral, aggressive, attack my target) Right now we have to click on them one after another in a specific order over and over till the pet is on the right option. The follow distance is just as bad too if not worse and easy to click it once too much making us do it all over.

Some other things about the wheel that I hate are when the dino is on wander, we cant keep it open for long enough to tell it to manually stop wandering after we breed dinos, my suggestion to fix this is to STOP the tame when the user has the wheel open if no rider is on it.

Dino overlay:
A suggestion I have would be a dinosaur HUD, when we get on a tame we would have options for multiple attacks by pressing hotbar keys, (perhaps reserve keys 1-5 for dinos, while the rest would be for players) This would free up our keys on the keyboard while possibly allowing you devs to add in some new attacks? :D
Wyvern Example: Pressing 1 on a wyvern would be bite, 2: breath attack, 3: wingflap, 4: pickup, 5 could be a healing item or soup
Bronto Example: 1: left tail swing, 2: right tail swing 3: stomp! (I know bronto stomping doesn't exist.. yet.. :P)
Pachyrhino: 1: Headbut, 2: camo aura, 3: rage aura

HUD:
Probably isnt the right place for eithor of these ill put them here anyway, ignore if you want. The bugspray effects that are applied to our screen... I mean does our screen really need to glow green while we are underwater making us unable to see while we are under this effect? Also a fix for obstructed objects would be nice, it gets old having the rename dino or "unlock" screen always pop up on our screen on things that are obstructed.

You know when we eat berries that the slots get auto filled with a new stack of that berry type after one stack is gone? Can you do that to all the non breakable items? Id like it if fridges, walls or other objects that you may have multiples of auto filled the hotbar after something is used up.

Adding the folowing in now as a edit, was reminded of things i dislike while reading some of these suggestions :P Make the backspace key change our hud layout, default - what it is now, press again for field of view names (only names directly in front of you will show) press it again to turn off tames names but keep the hud, press it again to turn off hud. Also when we use transponder trackers, turn off the names of our tames without the trackers and have the tames name being tracked in a different color, like blue, for 2-3x longer. And have a breeding button in the inventory to see its base levels, or at least make it so we can click the names in the family tree to see what parent/grandparent the babies got stats from and/or if the stats were mutated.

The chat needs work when displayed in the hud, when our mouse is able to be moved in the inventory screen allow us to click on player names or steam names in the chat box and mute someone on our side (the mute would only last for the session while your ingame, would need to be redone or add in a button to see who we have muted and unmute them). Also have it so our name is colored too, or even be able to customize the colors of the tribe/allies/yourself.

I can see this thread blowing up with suggestions.

PC player here.

1. Option to remove the wall of text of Dino names/type when you walk out to your zoo but keep the small lU menu. Just like when you walk up to poop to pick it up, have the UI only show when you are right up close to your Dino.

2. In the inventory, default cursor position in the filtering field. That way as soon as I enter an inventory I can start typing to filter instead of moving mouse.

On 17.12.2016 at 7:58 AM, waterKeeper said:

Include the base damage of tames by their stats. Toggle between % modifiers and actual damage output. Same for guns.

Show your tames breeding stats somewhere. Being able to toggle the stats on tames between what we currently have and the number of level ups in each stat. 

Let me change the font color of floating names above tames. 

Maybe a system to help your tribe mates know what you want leveled up on one of your tames while u let them use it. Idk, like a preset leveling path.

Isn't it about time you incorporate dododex into the game?

Same for breeding stats extractor.

The engram page feels like a wall of text. It's an ordeal when you just want to unlock one engram, and have to hunt down all of its prerequisite engrams first. One option should be to automatically filter all prerequisite engrams to one selected.

About the player HUD, I have found that if for whatever reason your game volume is ever low, it's really easy to not know your character is starving or freezing to death, even though we have the visual icon like the ice cube. So that could be visually more obvious or significant. I almost died in hardcore mode once, I was freezing to death and didn't notice because my volume was way down.

I Want a way to transfer prime from tame directly to tame without it spending one second in my 4x spoilage hands

Good idea. Having all breeding stats in an other programm isnt modern

Stuff i want to see:

1. Commands on command wheel stop changing locations, we should be able to quick select not have to hunt for it every time cause it keeps shuffling the comands. 

2. Show gender in animal inventory screen

3. I want to be able to craft from inside dinos or storage inventory, makes no sense that we have to transfer items to ours when we have both open. Would be ok if craft cancelled upon exiting inventory while crafting. Forcing vunerability and comitment. Maybe even loose materials if you exit out like the fab or smithy does if you grab item to quick.

Stuff i see people suggested that i  DONT want and why.

1. Folders for engrams, unnesisary , we already have the search function. Having extra folders would be annoying. But being able to arange them like the items would be cool. Alphabetical or by player level would be great.

2. Be able to select what a dino harvests like the moschops. Unnessisary. This makes moschops less special, and multiharvest is part of the game. Changing this would make it way to easy. Keep the grind keep the challenge. Inventory management is part of the survival game.

On 12/16/2016 at 8:04 PM, Marksman00048 said:

I would like to be able to set my dinos to flee when attacked.  Like go go go run Jesus ruuuuun! rather than either face your doom or stand. if you attacked a base and most of the tames ran out of the base and into the woods  it would make fully wiping a tribe more difficult.  

If you went to a farm and started killing lIvestock they surely wouldn't stand in place and get killed. they would run for their lives.

I would like to have a way to hot key whistles on xbox.  even if only just one whistle,  being able to set it would be tops. I hate accidentally whistling all trying to whistle one. 

I really really would love to hot key whistles. As it would make things a lot easier, and make Dino use seem more personable as in like they are actually trained to follow commands. I love training in real life and this would also fulfill the dream of clicker training dinosaurs to a point.  I also love the idea of being able to set my Dino's to flee from danger. Great for practical and roleplay experience. 

Someone mentioned being able to choose what is NOT gathered by a Dino. This would be very helpful. 

Also something that would really improve the split screen experience is to be able to choose how the screen splits. And we can't see anything! You may have already updated this but it was bad enough that it made me and my husband quit playing split screen. I really would love to be able to play this way again but we need to be able to read all the stuff and things, and see what engrams we are on. I would be alright with engrams and text covering both screens but prefer a different solution. 

Can you make it so we can also hot key emotes? And whistles. ?

I would love for a loyalty experience with Dino's. Like the longer you have them the more they follow commands and the more you use those commands the better they are. So say you got on a Dino you caught and just used for eggs it either ignores you or throws you. But of course have the ability to turn this off in case some people find it annoying. 

Thanks for being awesome wild card!

1 hour ago, spiritpaw said:

I really really would love to hot key whistles. As it would make things a lot easier, and make Dino use seem more personable as in like they are actually trained to follow commands. I love training in real life and this would also fulfill the dream of clicker training dinosaurs to a point.  I also love the idea of being able to set my Dino's to flee from danger. Great for practical and roleplay experience. 

Someone mentioned being able to choose what is NOT gathered by a Dino. This would be very helpful. 

Also something that would really improve the split screen experience is to be able to choose how the screen splits. And we can't see anything! You may have already updated this but it was bad enough that it made me and my husband quit playing split screen. I really would love to be able to play this way again but we need to be able to read all the stuff and things, and see what engrams we are on. I would be alright with engrams and text covering both screens but prefer a different solution. 

Can you make it so we can also hot key emotes? And whistles. ?

I would love for a loyalty experience with Dino's. Like the longer you have them the more they follow commands and the more you use those commands the better they are. So say you got on a Dino you caught and just used for eggs it either ignores you or throws you. But of course have the ability to turn this off in case some people find it annoying. 

Thanks for being awesome wild card!

I once had an idea which could provide similar bonuses to imprinting. Each dino could have an affinity meter, which would be filled when close by and in use by a player. Once your meter is maxed maybe the dino gains 10% resistance and output when ridden by its bonded player. One dino may bond with one player. Players may bond multiple mounts at once but the affinity fades when the player is out of range, currently riding another bonded dino, or offline.

Blacklist / Whitelist for gathering dinos.

The ability to use - in the filter window to signify NOT, eg -wood would show everything in inventory except wood.

Have most of the radial menu options accessible from the inventory (Dino management) screen.  Then we have easy access to sliders for follow distance, aggro range, aggression state etc.

Make the radial menu constant, the options move around almost randomly at times so the main purpose of a radial menu (speed) is negated.

Base stats before any levelups for breeding info.

Post tame levels spent.

What each stat would change to if we levelled it up so we can see the effect of a levelup before we do it.

Be able to have (at least) 2 dino inventories open at once for direct transfers to save the tedium of loading everything on to me first.

Be able to construct items from the dinos inventory.

Make dismount go in the current camera direction.

See my own weight.

And the big change:

- Remove Stacks!

Yeah thats bigger than just dino inventories but the whole stacking concept is horrible and needs a rework.  It causes needless clutter.  Just give items an encumbrance value and let them stack to any size (or whatever is convenient for your database).

Please please please allow auto stacking to complete a stack and take what's left to start a new stack. Example I have a stack of45 somethings and I try to move a stack of 25 somethings over instead of just putting a stack of 25 please let it top off the stack of 45 and start a new stack of 20. 

That is all

I have a whole thread dedicate to this topic as well as other non-UI features, here:

But here's most of the UI-related feedback:

• Inventory Screen
    • Swim Speed is now listed next to Oxygen (e.g. 100 Oxygen and 100% Swim Speed), since both are increased with ranks in the individual stat.
    • Torpor Resistance (as a percentage) is now shown underneath Hypo-thermal and Hyper-thermal Insulation, displaying the combined effects of Fortitude, Armor and active Recipes. 
      • Perhaps, similarly, Visibility could be listed for effects like Cactus Broth and Ghillie. 
    • Taming Progress and Taming Effectiveness is now displayed above an unconscious creatures stats.
      • For example, 35000/42850 Progress, 84.2% Effective (+50 Levels).
    • Tribe log now lists server time instead of in-game time. 
    • Under your Equipped Items there is now a button to access your Shoulder Mount's inventory. This can be assigned a Hotkey, but has none by default. NEW!
    • Decant Stacks button that condenses stacks within the inventory (next to Sort buttons). 
    • Apply Sort button that applies the current Sort Order persistently (next to the Sort buttons). 
    • Searching Craftables now excludes "Engram:".
    • A creature/character's base weight (Drag Weight) is now listed in Character Stats. 
  • Additional Games Options
    • Localise GPS coordinates. Jeez, maybe in the US you read a map backwards but it's really frustrating everywhere else. Lon-Lat option for the GPS please.
  • Menu Wheels
    • Ignore Group Whistles added to the Set Group Whistle panel.
    • Increase/Decrease Order/Ride Ranks condensed into a single Set Tribe Governance option. As with the Moschop's Harvesting Levels, this Wheel does not close when an option is selected - allowing you to increase options multiples times with ease.
    • Disable Victim Item Collection replaced with "Cache Collection", which opens a nested wheel.
      • Options: On Kill, On Harvest, Players Only (both Kill and Harvest) and Never.
    • Set/Cycle Aggression options condensed into a single button and now opens a nested wheel.
    • Cycle Follow Distance now opens a nested wheel. 
    • All "Set" options will display the current setting on the landing-wheel.
    • The Diplodocus saddle now utilizes a nested wheel for passenger saddles.
    • Anywhere where a Shortcut is applicable, display the current assigned key (e.g. on the Whistle Wheel, list Shortcut: T below Follow All).
  • Unit Frame
    • New "Wander Enabled" icon added. 
    • Pack number, Mate boost, Trough range, Ovi boost and Wander Enabled are now on one line, and is displayed beneath the name.
      • Pacifier remains a bouncing icon above the name.
  • Whistle Groups 
    • Whistle Group 10 can no longer be assigned to creatures and is reserved for Active Followers [hotkey: 0].
      • That is, all active followers are automatically assigned to group 10 and will be automatically removed when set to un-follow.
    • Troughs can now be assigned to Whistle Groups, preventing other groups from eating. Dinos within Whistle Groups will also prefer food within their own troughs over troughs with no assignment. Useful for having a fish trough set-aside for your Pelagornis that other carnivores can't eat from.
      • Whistle Groups do not extend between different tribes (even within an alliance). Restricted troughs are thus inaccessible to dinos outside the tribe.
  • Chat
    • Features: 
      • Multiple tabs for different chat channels.
      • When not viewing All, unseen messages will cause Chat Channel tabs to blink/flash.
      • Option to hide Tribe Names in chat (this option is active in the gallery image).
      • Specimen Card
        • Level is only displayed for Alliance/Tribe members. If possible to track without expending too much resources, perhaps the most recent level seen of enemies?
        • Steam IDs are no longer displayed in-line and is only displayed on the card.
      • Alliance chat and Alliance members are now colored blue, as with in-game names.
      • Consider adding separate channels for Admin / Tribe Group chats.
    • Shortcuts:
      • Open Console now uses the [`¬] / [~`] key by default (UK / US keyboard layout), which is the standard for most games any way.
      • [Enter] will open the currently highlighted Chat Channel (e.g. All Chat while in viewing All; or Local while viewing Local). 
      • [/] will open Tribe Chat.
      • [Insert] will open Local Chat.
      • [PgUp] / [PgDwn] will Scroll Up / Down in chat.
      • [Home] / [End] will change the active Chat Channel Left / Right.
      • [Tab] either replies or reopens the previously used Chat Channel (All Chat if first time since launch).
        • In either event, while open, [Tab] will cycle through the Text Channels
    • Name colors:
      • White - Your name
      • Grey - All / Local
      • Blue - Alliance (the Alliance's name is shown in-line when speaking in Alliance Chat)
      • Green - Tribe (while not shown above, [Tribe]: is shown in-line for Tribe Chat rather than the Tribe's name).
      • Pink - Radio (the Radio Station's name is shown in-line when speaking in Radio Chat)

Condensed unit frame:

HBHuJJB.png 

Condensed radials (Standard; Set Aggression and Diplo Seats):

utOM7ZK.pngXtpwS54.pngWr3ECDa.png

(Standard is missing Follow and Aggression Range, I have just now noticed.)

Chat rework:

vYeyEU2.png

On 12/16/2016 at 11:43 PM, Bacon8RColby said:

A more visual branching system like this would be awesome! This would help individuals on servers be able to easily specialize 

I agree! Something like civ 5's timeline but instead of years you have levels. Something like this would be much better for the engrams.

9 hours ago, 3mptylord said:

3emptylord: very good post! I totally agree with you, despite the GPS: If people use different coordinate-systems, it will lead to problems.

I want to add some things:

General:

- To mount or dismount a dino press E long. For opeing doors or active something: Press E short. This could prevent you from accidentally dismount while flying and you can open doors while mounted.

- The Icons on the right should be arranged in the same order as in inventory (player-stats)

- Your inventory should also show you the XP, that you need to achieve next level.

- Torch in off-hand would be very nice.

- Slider or a Matrix, to assign group ranks and other options to dinos or structures. The Hot Wheel is somethimes a bit confusing and stressful.

- Local, Tribe and Alliance chats are absolutley necessary. An Option to chat with people direclty (e.g. by using @...) is also good.

- Switch off menu music without eleminating the music that plays, when you are attacked.

- Warning when Stammina of your Tame is at 15% (or something like that).

Inventory:

- Beaver Dams should have the "drop all" option.

- Automatically enable typing (to search) when accessing the inventory

- Filter Option in each inventory: Folders like "weapons" or "basic materials" as Tabs.

- Auto-Sort function for each inventory: Hitting the button will sort the inventory permanetly. At the moment, the sorting will be reset after each interaction. Whould be nice to have a option to configure the order/sequence.

- Auto-Stack function for each inventory: Hitting the Button will build stacks automatically.

- Transfer all Items of a kind, by holding Alt-key and drag it over.

- Multi-Inventroy Access to transfer between them. Could be implemented as a list of all accessable inventories in range.

3 hours ago, NightActive said:

3emptylord: very good post! I totally agree with you, despite the GPS: If people use different coordinate-systems, it will lead to problems.

Good thing the player base is roughly distributed by region. Although I don't see why the preferences of NA alone should dictate what all players use - they are geographically the minority, although I do not know the distribution of the actual player base to know if they actually represent a minority of players.

On my EU server, people will constantly ask "do you mean lat-lon or lon-lat" or "62X or 62Y?" (for example) - because everyone on EU servers will read a map X-Y and then say those coordinates (particularly for newcomers to the server, although even for people who get lost without a GPS). This only becomes confusion when people have GPS and suddenly it shows Y, X coordinates, and people go to the wrong place. Most of the established players have taken to adding x and y to our coordinate call-outs (e.g. 54x,25y) - but this wouldn't help a new ARK player who doesn't realise a GPS is Y, X. 

If the confusion is a problem, they could just add the ability to link your location in chat - similar to WoW Shift-Clicking items with chat open. 

I didn't read through all of the above, so it could have already been mentioned, but I think a list view would be really nice when accessing dinos, as well as any other inventory really.

In the list view, it shows a scrollable list with the names of every type of item that is in there, the total number of them, and then there is a slider to quickly pull an amount. On the consoles, when you're in a dinos inventory and need 5+ stacks of something amongst many other stacks of the same thing, holding the button down for each stack has gotten a little annoying and slow. 

With a slider, stacks could be easily split inside of the dino you're pulling them from and you could get the exact amount you need without having to put the remainder back in the dino. 

This would be great for vaults/chests also. 

Archived