Announcing ARK Park VR!

Jatheish

That would be cool but overall im happy with their choices. Being aware that the bug fixing for the most part will come after the content makes sense with me, and im not going to complain about more content. Theyve quieted any doubt that theyre dedicated to the game(unlike other EA games) to me at least. When they day comes that bug fixes begin, it'll be bittersweet because yeah bugs will be fixed but content wont be pouring in as much. 

I can't say for sure this is the best idea, to start developing a VR game after so much backlash upon releasing Scorched Earth. I don't think it's a good idea, either..

After all, what happened to ARK: Primal Survival? Wasn't that supposed to release this year? Please don't keep us waiting, Wildcard. Your time is almost up, and you've got lots of people waiting anxiously-- myself included.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Zaphao said:

I can't say for sure this is the best idea, to start developing a VR game after so much backlash upon releasing Scorched Earth. I don't think it's a good idea, either..

After all, what happened to ARK: Primal Survival? Wasn't that supposed to release this year? Please don't keep us waiting, Wildcard. Your time is almost up, and you've got lots of people waiting anxiously-- myself included.

I recommend you re-read the article, specially the part where they say they're just consultants for this while a different studio is the one working on the game. It's not all that different from something like say Niantic having somebody like Hal Laboratory to lean on when they need info about pokemon.

So... I'm confused. I just bought ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam, and the *only* reason I bought it is because it's listed as being an Oculus Rift compatible game (I'm getting an Oculus in, oh, 7 days...), and I want to play with dinosaurs in VR. Why the big fuss about ARK Park VR when the core game is already a VR game? Or did I just spend a bunch of money on lies?

Just now, Toni said:

And one more new project they startet....

Pleeease wildcard, first finish the main game, then create such extensions. Your completely overloading yourself with work !

+1 pls pls sort your ship out wc! Your fan/player base have made there feelings clear why continue to treat them with such disregard!!

• Volunteer Moderator
On 1/12/2017 at 3:59 AM, Toni said:

And one more new project they startet....

Pleeease wildcard, first finish the main game, then create such extensions. Your completely overloading yourself with work !

On 1/12/2017 at 4:03 AM, ninjaridz said:

+1 pls pls sort your ship out wc! Your fan/player base have made there feelings clear why continue to treat them with such disregard!!

They did not start this project, Snail Games did.

• 1 month later...

I know this won't be Ark: Survival Evolved, but I am excited to support Wildcard and VR. As an early adopter, I know VR games aren't going to be perfect. But if I can immerse myself in the world of Ark and look up and touch the dinos I have seen through a 2 dimensional screen for so long, I am 100% on board!