Discussion: bullet soaking

quiz

2 minutes ago, Blackzilla said:

Thanks for explaining a bit more on what you meant. But yes if you a have a big enough base and you compartmentalise your base good enough it will take raiders more time but it won't stop them.

lol Speaking of we just had two guys break in yesterday, they had flak and clubs and they just broke one wall... killed like 5 kibble dinos before we wrecked them. They only had a few grenades and pikes.... you can always be attacked, but you can mitigate the damages. kibble dinos are scrap especially for the fun we had grieving the grievers. :)

9 hours ago, Suave said:

lol Speaking of we just had two guys break in yesterday, they had flak and clubs and they just broke one wall... killed like 5 kibble dinos before we wrecked them. They only had a few grenades and pikes.... you can always be attacked, but you can mitigate the damages. kibble dinos are scrap especially for the fun we had grieving the grievers. :)

Come on dude :), how can you say that you have a bullet soaking (so well protected I would assume) base and people are already able to do (minor) damage to you with pikes and grenades :P.

10 hours ago, Krick said:

level dosen´t really tell how good a the dino will be http://imgur.com/a/rq2Hw the lvl 258 ptera only has 3 more levels in health compared to the level 240.
And have you done any breeding? it literately takes forever depending on how long rng decides to screw you over, now that I have a level 258 male and female it wont take me long to get more females, and get even more eggs so their really only need to implement heavy penalties for inbreeding

Agree, level matters to a certain extent but it's possible to have better dino's for PvP or PvE that are a lower level.

@Cullis Was that screenshot even from official? If it was then it's impressive because it takes quite some time to catch the right wild ptera's (luck most of the time) and you also have to go through all the breeding (generation) phases (random chance on getting the good stats + being able to continue male + female all the time) so if you call it OP based on the levels then you have no clue about breeding.

Not going to disagree that those 270 ptera's are most likely better then others but it takes quite some time to get quality out of it so people who are doing that should be rewarded.

That photo is impressive although others stated the lvl's are high but its the roll thats important. All it takes is for one guy to love that dino. I have a guy that loves argy's and thats all he goes for. His goal is to hatch lvl 300's. As for the bullet soaking the only thing you can do is keep adding and making choke points. Not much you can do if you're offline and the group is persistent enough to last 9+ hours. 

10 hours ago, quiz said:

Agree, level matters to a certain extent but it's possible to have better dino's for PvP or PvE that are a lower level.

@Cullis Was that screenshot even from official? If it was then it's impressive because it takes quite some time to catch the right wild ptera's (luck most of the time) and you also have to go through all the breeding (generation) phases (random chance on getting the good stats + being able to continue male + female all the time) so if you call it OP based on the levels then you have no clue about breeding.

Not going to disagree that those 270 ptera's are most likely better then others but it takes quite some time to get quality out of it so people who are doing that should be rewarded.

Yes, it's from official PVP. I talked to the guys involved and saw a stream of the base. 

3 hours ago, Cullis said:

OP bc of the stats, which I've seen in the stream. 2k base hp, 410 melee, etc. That is kinda OP in my book.

Agree but since everybody could have the same luck while taming a 145/150 ptera then it shouldn't really matter. And ptera's already got quite some nerfs in the past because of the things you said (basically melee damage). Bigger tribes will have more profit out of dino's with decent stats because (most of the time) they are able to breed them at a much higher pace then smaller tribes are able to do.

10 hours ago, bo0MXxXsplatter said:

While I don't agree of adding a "soak-proof" mechanic to turrets, I feel bullets should have full damage against dinos, which would help in your situation a little.

Agree, I am not aiming for a soaking-proof solution but in my opinion carbons only getting 2 or 3 damage per shot is quite ridiculous.

10 hours ago, F1awless said:

That photo is impressive although others stated the lvl's are high but its the roll thats important. All it takes is for one guy to love that dino. I have a guy that loves argy's and thats all he goes for. His goal is to hatch lvl 300's. As for the bullet soaking the only thing you can do is keep adding and making choke points. Not much you can do if you're offline and the group is persistent enough to last 9+ hours. 

Having +300 dino's (not sure about fresh breeds) is going to be possible on officials with the difficulty 5.0 and 2x rates (more taming efficiency). I always liked to breed carbons, ankylo's and doedi's because I was mainly solo breeding and with berries it was possible to do it beside a full time job (meat spoils to fast) but the best I was able to do was +200 with difficulty 4.0.

About the bullet soaking. I think we didn't have enough choke point outside the main base but the problem is is that your base is a strong as your weakest side. Our base size was 16x12 (height was till we couldn't continue building anymore because the game said we needed foundation support...) and we created 3 pillar rings (some with a ring of 1x1 boxes on top for turrets + to keep the cables secure). Each ring was between 10/20 foundations away from the next one so we had quite some ground to cover in that case :P. For me the introduction of the Titano changed the meta of the game. Otherwise our yard would have been full of quality dino's on neutral that I would be willing to lose.

Archived