Prim + cross ark transfers

jjfats

I hope so. There are much fewer Official Prim+ servers. I feel like a lot of people have stopped playing due to the sheer amount of bugs that have plagued Prim+ for so long and how little progress there has been toward fixing those issue as well as a lot of things just being extremely poorly balanced. Take some of the tools, the hide knife, machete, etc are useless, normal tools harvest much better quantities of the materials those tools are supposed to excel at. A number of alchemy combines are broken (beer, jerky in the meat preserving bin, etc) It's as if things were just thrown into it without much thought of balancing and number crunching. Opening up cross-server prim+ might spice things up. No one plays on PrimPlus12 as 2 chinese tribes have gone and taken it over, blocking all the obsidian spawns with 2x2 conc foundations. It would be nice to see some alphs on other servers bring a fight to them to discourage this type of behavior. I've been scouting out there bases to look for points of attack but the amount of species X they have is staggering, doubt anyone's PC would hit above 1 FPS if they all started firing.

2 hours ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

I hope so. There are much fewer Official+Prim+ servers. I feel like a lot of people have stopped playing due to the sheer amount of bugs that have plagued Prim+ for so long and how little progress there has been toward fixing those issue as well as a lot of things just being extremely poorly balanced. Take some of the tools, the hide knife, machete, etc are useless, normal tools harvest much better quantities of the materials those tools are supposed to excel at. A number of alchemy combines are broken (beer, jerky in the meat preserving bin, etc) It's as if things were just thrown into it without much thought of balancing and number crunching. Opening up cross-server prim+ might spice things up. No one plays on PrimPlus12 as 2 chinese tribes have gone and taken it over, blocking all the obsidian spawns with 2x2 conc foundations. It would be nice to see some alphs on other servers bring a fight to them to discourage this type of behavior. I've been scouting out there bases to look for points of attack but the amount of species X they have is staggering, doubt anyone's PC would hit above 1 FPS if they all started firing.

Well, for the very same reasons I'm hoping that they won't allow transfers between prim+ servers. They've done it for other official servers and it's not going well for anyone but Chinese tribes who'll do nothing short of building under the map, duping resources and dinos, zerging to drain turrets and using hacks in order to invade a server. I'd rather have WC make isolated clusters for prim+, like they've done for normal mod, which allows transfers between one Island, Center and Scorched Earth (and one of the each new DLC) servers.

I've been playing on Official Prim+ 20 for some time, but had to quit due to same reasons. There is a Chinese tribe in that server who kills any player on sight and attacks even 1x1 huts which cannot possibly have anything worthy inside just for the sake of it. Some tribes were forming an alliance when I started on that server, so I also joined them. We were able to repel a couple of attacks when they tried to attack us while we were online, thanks to large bear traps and chain bolas. But the next day, I couldn't play because the server was full all day long, which is surprising because there used to be no more than 30-40 people in the busiest days of the week.. When we finally were able to join in, we found that anything in the server that doesn't belong to them is gone, and people just quit like I did. After checking the server today, I found out that they've placed plant x turrets around beaches and other spawn locations to prevent people from respawning elsewhere and trying to rebuild. What I'm saying is, allowing cross ark transfers for prim+ servers will make it even worse than it already is. What you said, "alphas from other servers taking the fight to Chinese troll tribes", might sound okay in theory, but there simply aren't enough prim+ servers for that to actually happen. We have only a few prim+ servers, and allowing transfers will result with one huge cross alpha Chinese tribe (as they NEVER attack or even harass each other in non-Chinese servers) making all prim+ servers unplayable, which in turn will cause people to quit prim+ altogether.

I can't blame the Chinese for the taking over of servers.  They just grind harder.  If other tribes would not quit and put the work in to fight back then there would be a chance.  It's just how the saying goes lazy Americans.  If we want something you have to work for it.  I understand this is a game but if you want to win you have to grind.  Any tribe whether they are Chinese,
American, Brazilian, or anything else can overcome if they grind and stick to a plan.  But what happens is that everyone has their own idea and doesn't cooperate with the person in charge and everything falls apart.  If you want to beat the alpha tribes take charge of your tribe, keep your members grinding, and stick to a plan.  That's what the Chinese tribes do they have one supreme leader that tells everyone what to do and they do it.  If we worked like that maybe we could stand a better chance, but everyone wants to do their own thing.

I would like transfers, it would make it easier to farm and bring stuff over to deal with those that block all the end-tier resources. I'm playing on prim+12 because I like a challenge. Everyone on the server has pretty much left cept for the two active chinese tribes, but they are only like 2 active in one alliance and 3 in the other and the TZ different makes it easier as I can generally farm when they aren't online and don't really leave a footprint that matters. I've found some really crafty ways of hiding stuff. Other than not being able to farm obsidian due to it being blocked, finding a quick way into their bases is looking really difficult but as I said, I like a challenge, most others don't and just quit.

22 hours ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

I would like transfers, it would make it easier to farm and bring stuff over to deal with those that block all the end-tier resources. I'm playing on prim+12 because I like a challenge. Everyone on the server has pretty much left cept for the two active chinese tribes, but they are only like 2 active in one alliance and 3 in the other and the TZ different makes it easier as I can generally farm when they aren't online and don't really leave a footprint that matters. I've found some really crafty ways of hiding stuff. Other than not being able to farm obsidian due to it being blocked, finding a quick way into their bases is looking really difficult but as I said, I like a challenge, most others don't and just quit.

I like your response I like challenges also.  Most people get sad and quit and complain instead of fighting back.  If we grind like the Chinese do we would have just as good of a chance of defeating them as they do defeating us.  It just takes work. 

17 hours ago, Itsr2ghgaming said:

This is something that the team will possibly talk over and really think about. Ill bring it up to Ced and see what happens guys! :) No promises.

Sounds good either way is fine with me I just want to know if I should prepare for server invasions.  I think it would be fun though.

Yes,transfers are a big problem with ark/se,so let's bring it to prim+ in some vain hope of combatting a problem that happens with nearly every pvp game on the market that doesn't region lock ,,but hey ,if you want to keep forcingplayers  out due to a tribes getting their jollies off on wiping servers they don't have the right in being in with their levels and items,have at it.This is 1 who'll be outta here due to this broken mechanic

20 hours ago, Bogger said:

Yes,transfers are a big problem with ark/se,so let's bring it to prim+ in some vain hope of combatting a problem that happens with nearly every pvp game on the market that doesn't region lock ,,but hey ,if you want to keep forcingplayers  out due to a tribes getting their jollies off on wiping servers they don't have the right in being in with their levels and items,have at it.This is 1 who'll be outta here due to this broken mechanic

So, your solution is to quit rather than fight back?

20 hours ago, Bogger said:

So, your solution is to quit rather than fight back?

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 4:16 PM, Bogger said:

I didn't know people had to have specific rights to get on a public server.

I play PVE because we have come across too many "alpha" tribes that want to be Alpha for all the wrong reasons... Alpha tribes in PVE do tend to run the server but in ways that make it a community for example blocking people from building on resource areas etc for example they put up signs saying don't build here on the mountain which was fine everyone left their ankles up their had storage boxes and everyone was happy... when they left the sign disappeared obviously and then a new tribe joined and has built all over the mountain and now no resources spawn their anyone they have a bully boy attitude.... if u don't like it leave etc and going round trying to Pillar everywhere... most of the origional tribes have left leaving us as the longest tribe pretty much and having people join with attitude really gets my goat as the saying goes.  I would love to be in primitive plus cross ark servers on PVE only though so that we can go between maps etc getting dinos on each.

• 11 months later...
On 15/12/2016 at 11:29 AM, jjfats said:

I can't blame the Chinese for the taking over of servers.  They just grind harder.  If other tribes would not quit and put the work in to fight back then there would be a chance.  It's just how the saying goes lazy Americans.  If we want something you have to work for it.  I understand this is a game but if you want to win you have to grind.  Any tribe whether they are Chinese,
American, Brazilian, or anything else can overcome if they grind and stick to a plan.  But what happens is that everyone has their own idea and doesn't cooperate with the person in charge and everything falls apart.  If you want to beat the alpha tribes take charge of your tribe, keep your members grinding, and stick to a plan.  That's what the Chinese tribes do they have one supreme leader that tells everyone what to do and they do it.  If we worked like that maybe we could stand a better chance, but everyone wants to do their own thing.

Just like in real life,  it is the difference between Anarchy Vs Fascism.
People hate fascism by default, but it is really up to the values of the dictator, if the dictator has poop values, his dictatorship will reflect his values and his lack of intelligence/wisdom. If he has relatively good values, his dictatorship will reflect his values. If you don't like a Leader, then leave, but if you think your Anarchy tribe will get anywhere, I'll let the game teach you otherwise.

2 hours ago, MasterBlou said:

Just like in real life,  it is the difference between Anarchy Vs Fascism.
People hate fascism by default, but it is really up to the values of the dictator, if the dictator has poop values, his dictatorship will reflect his values and his lack of intelligence/wisdom. If he has relatively good values, his dictatorship will reflect his values. If you don't like a Leader, then leave, but if you think your Anarchy tribe will get anywhere, I'll let the game teach you otherwise.

True that.  A bad leader will lead you down.  You need cooperation from your team mates and hope they understand the commanding order.

Archived