Omni - Analytics for Server Admins (Alpha)

Failoe

Omni Link: http://objectivelyperfect.com:8080/t/Ark/views/OPGamingOmniDisplay/PublicInfo?:embed=y&:showShareOptions=true&:display_count=no&:showVizHome=no

Project Omniscience AKA Omni is a project I've been tinkering with for a few months. It scans the server every time it autosaves and pushes the information to a database where I build views such as the ones I've linked above. Currently, I have analytics for all items belonging to players or tribes (inventories, stored items, etc). All tamed and wild dinosaurs, their stats (pretame and post), and their locations. All player stats such as engrams, locations, and level up points spent. As well as a fair bit more. Currently, I am running this on a cluster server for SE and TheIsland and it works on both. I am using Quowyn's tool to scrape the data from the game files along with some other data I'm collecting via Python.

Features on my short-list to be added include a tribe log parser and a "Days since last login" for each player.

The sample I published here is just that, a sample. I didn't want to expose all of my server's info due to it being an RP PVP server and this amount of information could prove very dangerous in some of our craftier player's hands.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem right now is that it is not set up very specifically for my environment.  The actual visual components are via Tableau which is a paid software. If you have the means to create your own analytics and dashboards I could give you the code I've created that adds all the Ark data to a postgres database.

• 1 month later...

This is pretty cool.

I see that this Tableau software is $10,000+

Still if the software to fill the database would be on github or something, it would be possible to write something to read and display the information. I would welcome if you shared the pieces you can, not sure if I have the time to use it, but this is pretty awesome.

Archived