ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off this game is great. Really enjoying it so much I even started streaming again. I have a few questions and concerns but one that I'm really curious about is the end game. Not the end game of a server but if ARK itself.

What are you ultimately hoping to see ARK as in the future as in content updates and the update to the overall meta of the game. 

On a side note it would be amazing if at some point ARK had dig mechanics included to allow underground bases. Just a thought. 

Keep up the great work guys!

Would you consider any of these to happen/change?

1.Larger animals (bronto,rex,giga,paracer,stego,etc) should deal damage to metal, even if it's just a tiny bit. 

2.Paracers, brontos and diplos should have stomp attacks like the titanosaurus does

3.Diplos should have stomp and tail attacks

4.Dilos should have the turret AI like the Arthros

5.Sarcos should have a grab attack for larger creatures

6.Tapejara should get a barrel-roll and dodge moves like the banshee in Halo

7.Stegos and trikes should be able to flush blood into their plates/shields to intimidate wild carnivores and give them a debuff

8.Titanoboas should be tameable and should have a constriction attack

9.Turrets (automatic) should be buildable on brontos and paracers again

10.Dimorphs should get a pack boost and evasion moves

11.Turtles should go in their shells and have a mini sentry-gun saddle

12.Apes should be able to use melee weapons

13.Pachys should be bigger and stronger

14.Trikes should have a charge attack

14.Monkeys should be able to climb trees and harvest fruits in the trees. They could also be alarms

15.Dimetros should be faster and stronger in general

16.Megalodons should be bigger and harder to tame

17.Sabers should have a pounce and grab attack for larger prey

18.Mammoths should have a grab and throw attack for smaller enemies

19.Spinos should have a roar

20. The Rex should deal extra damage to armored humans/animals and should do extra damage to structures

21.Spinos should do extra damage to aquatic creatures

22.Trikes and Stegos should be better in general and harder to tame

23.Ankys and stegos should get resistence to bullets/arrows

24.Compys should be in packs of up to 40

25.All aquatic reptiles/mammals/amphibians should have an oxygen bar

26.All mammals should be able to give milk

27.Piranhas should be tameable

28.Ants should have a queen

29.Beavers should be nerfed and used strictly for work, not combat

30.Wolves need improved howl and a saddle for armor. They also need a pack boost

31.Bears need a nerf and should mainly be used as the berry/mushroom/flower/fish/meat/food gatherers as opposed to combat mounts (although they should still be able to fight, just not as well). Also make them have a louder roar.

32.More dinos need feathers!!!!!!

33.Gigas should be only maybe 2 feet taller than a rex and should be the health musketeer of the trio (Rex should be the power and Spino should be the Speed and versatility). This would also allow for the removal of the Giga's rage and the stupid fast speed of the Rex.

34.Woolly rhinos should be slower and slightly smaller. They should do extra damage to larger creatures (think spiked-wall)

35.Compys should be able to climb larger foes

36.Ankys should do extra damage to structures and the legs of larger enemies

37.Eurips should be tameable and should be the dimorphs of the water

38.Deer should have a gore/bleed attack and a charge attack. They should also be bigger

39. Pteras should be good fishers and not good combat mounts

40. Argys should have slighty more damage and should be able to drop rocks from above (think chalico)

41.Quetzals should not be used for combat (in the sense of melee damage), but for utility. They should have a poor AOE and little melee damage. They should be able to fish and carry two people in its talons. It should also have more limits to its platform saddle (for realistic reasons, maybe I'm the only one that cares for that, I just don't like huge flying 6x6 boxes).It shouldn't be able to carry huge animals,like Mammoths and Stegos. They should have saddles used specifically for manual turrets, catapults, and multi-seat transport.

42.Ankys,raptors,sabers and others should have a crouch

43.Sarcos should have a tail attack and a death-roll attack

44.Onyc should have a bleed attack and a smaller hit-box

45.Aranoes should climb walls and spit acid

46.Kairukus should have fishing abilities and should sit on small eggs

47.Pelagornis should have a dive for fishing

48.Creatures should have finishing moves with a 10% chance of activation if the opponents health is low enough

49.Carnos should have a charge attack and slower stamina reduction. Their right click attack should do bonus damage to wood/thatch

50.Terror birds should be a bit larger and have more melee damage. They should also have an ax-swing attack that deals torpor and bleed damage

I was just wondering if some of the grammar/spelling errors will be fixed by the time the full release happens? 

Some examples of what I am talking about:

• Unless it's done on purpose, then Arthropleura is misspelled both in the dossier and in the actual game. It should be Arthropleura instead of Arthropluera.
  • When you get killed by or kill a Titanoboa, the pop up message is missing the "o" and says Titanboa instead.
  • Lastly, when killing, getting killed by, taming, etc., some of the creatures' pop up messages should say, for example "... tamed an [insert creature name]' and not always "...tamed a [insert creature name]." I'm not the best with grammar all the time, but some examples of the creatures I'm referring to are:
    • Onyc
    • Alphas
    • Argentavis
    • Arthropleura
    • Araneo

1 minute ago, WesenZoo said:

I was just wondering if some of the grammar/spelling errors will be fixed by the time the full release happens? 

Some examples of what I am talking about:

• Unless it's done on purpose, then Arthropleura is misspelled both in the dossier and in the actual game. It should be Arthropleura instead of Arthropluera.
  • When you get killed by or kill a Titanoboa, the pop up message is missing the "o" and says Titanboa instead.
  • Lastly, when killing, getting killed by, taming, etc., some of the creatures' pop up messages should say, for example "... tamed an [insert creature name]' and not always "...tamed a [insert creature name]." I'm not the best with grammar all the time, but some examples of the creatures I'm referring to are:
    • Onyc
    • Alphas
    • Argentavis
    • Arthropleura
    • Araneo

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I just got the PS4 version and was noticing these things.

Many dossiers also have spelling errors, could these be fixed?

Is it possible for bosses to be weaker in single player since they are already hard enough with a tribe (perhaps based off of the amount of players inside the arena?)

Could there be a Game.ini command line that could multiply the percentage of each individual imprinting without any other variables affecting it (imprinting percentage multiplier and a time between imprinting multiplier?)

Besides for Element, will any other resources be added into the game?

Could engram trees become broader, say to make a Rex saddle you would need to learn a Raptor saddle and then a Carno saddle to unlock the Rex saddle?

Will we ever get to see more house decorations, either as craftable items or as rare loot from either drops or alphas? 

Can we look forward to more unique custom cooking options? 

Is it possible to add a motion activated gate (maybe a tek gate) which allows dinosaurs and their riders to pass through gates without having to close them behind you? Like a tag you put on your mount like the tracker bug which allows any dino with it to pass through with ease? 

Armor and weapon stands....I wanna show off my cool gear, will this be a thing maybe?

5 hours ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

Could you guys put rope ladders on the Giga and Bronto saddles? I nearly died trying to mate my Brontos, and the Gigas will be next....

Can you guys add a dedicated Tranq rifle? Turn the Longneck into a purely damage weapon, and add a Tranq Rifle that only fires darts.

Are there plans to add a larger raft? One that can be expanded to hold Rex+ sized creatures?

Can we have a tamed dino command that tells them to return to a designated location (like home) if they travel too far if set on aggressive or are attacking something?

Can you update more of the item spawn commands so more of them have item ID numbers? Like the Kibbles, Saddles, and Tranq Darts?

yes my tribe lost a giga and three carno's to some raider baiting them into the ocean spent the the whole morning feeling like the coast guard rescuing our Dino's from the sea maybe they could put a command for the distance they could go like high 50 feet medium 25 feet low 10 feet before they return and add that option for wandering Dino we lost to many from wandering

Why will customer service (CS) not help with stuck dinos when its obviously a mesh issue? I have opened tickets, asked on twitter, put a PSA on reddit and now asking here. Its an old bug that is back and I feel reporting the issue is worth the value in helping make Ark better. I know in the past you had to have visual confirmation in order for them to help but now they are saying they will NOT help with any dino related issues. I am very confused by this action.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived