ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Also will there be a change in texting on ark? I don't know if this is a problem for others but I can't type on ark with my black controller on xbox? It seems that I need to have a wireless controller signed into another account for me to type every time. It would help if this problem is solved and that would be great! 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TsavoLion said:

- Can we get a better option in the settings for a limited HUD where we can just turn off tamed dino names? Currently disabling "Floating Names" in the settings does this but it also works against wild dino's that you want to spyglass to see their level and gender in regards to a potential tame.

- Can we get a option in the settings to disable "Dino Head Turning" and "Dino Tail Swaying"? Nothing more annoying then trying to re-position a dino or pick up dino eggs and you keep getting knocked back and fourth because your dino's want to look at you or tail swipe you away.

- Can we add a variation of the Whip where you can collect dino eggs without causing the dino to move? Currently there are dino's where the only way you can collect their eggs is if you pick up or move the dino's themselves.

- Can we get a reduced cooldown for mating timers on the weekends? Would be nice to get more than 1 fertilized egg every 2 days especially when the baby hatches and it's not what you want so you end up killing it and wasting the egg.

Great ideas^^^^

17 minutes ago, mleii said:

Can we make more improvements for how DCs and Crashes are handled for when the player is offline?  Even just start with making all dinos (including the raft) have you at least standing on the dino/raft when you come back, rather than on the ground.

More can be done to improve this for sure, but in the very least this seems reasonable.  There's no reason to drown when you come back after a DC when you were on a raft.

I agree. I dc'd at the volcano yesterday and I assume my ankly was tossed under the map. Either way it was gone.

15 minutes ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

Could you guys put rope ladders on the Giga and Bronto saddles? I nearly died trying to mate my Brontos, and the Gigas will be next....

Can you guys add a dedicated Tranq rifle? Turn the Longneck into a purely damage weapon, and add a Tranq Rifle that only fires darts.

Are there plans to add a larger raft? One that can be expanded to hold Rex+ sized creatures?

I haven't tried it yet, but why can't you add a foundation to the corner of your bronto platform saddle and then add a rope ladder to that foundation?  I mean, that's how they work normally.  Just put the foundation on the far edge.  Maybe even hanging off the edge a bit.  As for a dedicated tranq rifle...this seems silly as you basically already have a dedicated tranq rifle once you equip it with tranq darts.  That gun will only shot tranq.  Want to shoot regular bullets? Have another longneck in your inventory with regular rifle bullets.  Done!  LOL  I believe in the Tek Tier there will be a larger boat, but you can already use existing rafts to pretty much transport any dino except larger ones like brontos.  All you need to do is add foundations to the raft and extend them off the edge.  You can actually make a very large raft this way.  Tons of videos on YouTube on how to do this.  I have a trap boat that I can capture 2 rex's on it for taming so you can do it. :)

23 minutes ago, mleii said:

Can we make more improvements for how DCs and Crashes are handled for when the player is offline?  Even just start with making all dinos that have you standing on them post dismount (including the raft) have you at least standing on the dino/raft when you come back, rather than on the ground.

More can be done to improve this for sure, but in the very least this seems reasonable.  There's no reason to drown when you come back after a DC when you were on a raft.

100% agree.

Will singe player get improvements or more game modes?  I found myself bored of the basic single player feel.. As it seems like I build a base and everything I need( which is fun! ) but I stop playing.. Since what else is there to do? I would love to have more challenges to single player or a dino tame aging system.

Will there ever be a way to store dinos in the obelisks long term on official servers incase you want to go on a long trip or coma?  Soldiers that fight for their citizens shouldn't have to lose their favorite best friend dinos  just because they are heros.  Plus if you forgot about some and pulled them out later, like thirty years from now they would look all nostalgic and dab worthy.  This feature would also work great for pregnant women, they could get back to playing ark after their nine months are up.  Oh and people that break the law have to go to jail sometimes and it's not fair to them that their dinos might expire/starve.  Just a thought thanks for such a great game.  Oh yeah astronauts too.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived