ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Can we get the size of the text that appears when my dino collects stuff like berries reduced?  -- Currently if I'm on a herbivore and I get in a fight, I cannot see anything for all this annoying text appears right in front of my face...make it as small as "Survival of the Fittest" please or change this information to a better location on the screen.

• Could you disable dinos from pooping while the battle music is playing and also while they are sprinting please? -- Inconvenient timed poops while in the heat of battle costs lives and saves us from rage quits!

• Will we see the ability to mount every kind of creature "head" onto the wall trophy? -- Would add to the immersion and motivation for hunters who wish to get every animal mounted on their wall !

• Will we get some kind of hi-tech device that can project a holographic head of any survivor when we insert an implant chip into it?

• Could we have the ability to make reflective metallic paints based on all the current colours by adding an ingredient to the paint itself ?

• Can we get rounded behemoth pillars for use with spiral stairs and ceiling structures, also be able to build tree platforms on them?

• Will you be considering fully random locations for above ground beacon drops each time they drop and change the collision detection so they don't go through building structures?

• I'd love to see wild herbivores actually eat and consume bushes and trees when they are hungry. Is this possible? - would really add to the immersion combined with herds...

• Could we have hanger doors, trap doors, flare guns and electric lights activate when linked to a trip wire?  - flares and lights to see intruders at night, hanger doors open to release aggressive creatures etc...

• Can we have tame formation settings so that instead of following from behind the tames can be in front of us or to the sides?

• Can we have a tech tier device that allows us to remote/mind control a tamed dino?   This would be a good addition to go along side the primal survival addition when it finally comes!

• Could we have the follow distance commands wording changed in the tamed dino's wheel menu?   Currently it says change follow distance "From" low - the word from is confusing because it's not stating what you are changing it actually "To".     It would be better to say "Change follow distance To medium" rather than "From" low...

• Could we get some issues with rafts / platforms fixed?
  • Sleeping friends on rafts can be left behind in the ocean.  
  • Jumping on a raft while it's moving and you fly away rather than land on the same spot.
  • Destroyed items that turn into bags while raft is moving need to stay on the boat and not float in the air in the middle of the ocean.
  • Dinos on the raft or other platforms need their collision detection disabled or something so that they don't get pushed completely off (even in an enclosed space) when you run over a rock or tree.

Will we ever get the ability to have alliance rule sets, for example, allowing other tribes within an alliance access to ride our dino's etc.

Also another idea, could we please get the mind wipe tonic usable on our tames, so many times I have accidentally put an upgrade into the wrong stat, due to lag or just not paying attention.

1 hour ago, drklotus69 said:

Alright, so I asked this on the last Q&A, but I didn't see any answers to it so I'll ask again. I know you guys are very busy with getting some very important things done in ark. Sometimes some smaller things get put on the back burner, but can we possibly get the structures+ mod looked at for the official mod program. This would be helpful mainly for people that don't play with a ton of mods on pc and especially for Xbox players who can't use mods. It addresses a lot of the issues in ark building and from what I've seen is one of the best, most used building mods yet. 

THIS is one of the most important questions! Totally forgot to ask about building. Yeah, they totally should implement it, but without Resource Puller, Demo Gun, etc. These are to op. I couldn't imagin playing the game without S+ anymore. Definitively the best mod I've ever seen for Ark!

Would it be possible to get a lever action carbine around the same level for the simple pistol? I just seems t9 me that all the "primitive" guns have a higher tear counterpart and vice-versa. The simple pistol to the fabed pistol, the sawed off to the pump action, the long neck has the fabed sniper. But to me there is no primitive equivalent to the assault rifle. 

Hi devs, i got a q for u.

Playing single player with mods is a bit complicated because on one map i prefer playing a few mods and on a different map i like to play different mods. Would it be possible to save the game so that the mods and the order of the mods are included in the save game, or at least to save an entire mod list so that its easier to change the mods between maps?

My question:

Defenses are really limited to autoturrets and... more autoturrets. There are any plan to add mechanisms or something like that in the future? Would be nice to make traps and better defenses using it.

------------------------------

15 hours ago, coldfiresun said:

Walls and turrets are not always sufficient for guarding ones base in pve or pvp. Could we maybe get something like a Plant species Z which uses an AOE ability that repels wild dinos? This would help with people who are raiding on PVE and would allow people to bulid without always relying on walls. With the Pachyrhinosaurus coming this would be in the same vein and really cool!

Plants Z can attack wild dinos...

1 hour ago, DomiDarko said:

THIS is one of the most important questions! Totally forgot to ask about building. Yeah, they totally should implement it, but without Resource Puller, Demo Gun, etc. These are to op. I couldn't imagin playing the game without S+ anymore. Definitively the best mod I've ever seen for Ark!

Totally agree about resource puller and demo gun, also the no collision thing kinda ruins it imo, you can build forges, vaults ect straight into the side of cliffs so if destroyed can't be looted. I know that's good from one point of view, but from a raiders point of view complete waste of resources even entering an enemy base. 

Are you guys considering adding limitations when it comes to transferring to other servers? Like only dinos can be transferred, or only materials/eggs? Just anything besides "once you transfer it must remain there 12 hours"?

It is way too easy to bring over turtles and whatnot to random servers to easily grief. Alpha tribes can produce turtles and expendable dinos by the dozens within a day. 

Could you do small, medium and large FENCE GATES that allow you to enter an enclosure built with railings bc destroying them everytime is not an option in the long term...and all the BIG GATES are not an option if I want to build an enclosure for my dodos... those fence gates in minecraft are a pretty good example. Please think about it. Thank you in advance guys :D

53 minutes ago, Silaries said:

-Will our dinos be able to lie down/rest in the future? They look so uncomfortable, standing the whole time ;-)

-Could you give dinos more eye colours? Would be cool not only seeing one colour on a dino :)

-Will we see new dossiers revealed? Lately there haven't been any.

From what the devs said in previous digests and interviews we will get sleeping mechanisms and animations for our dinos, but laying down after a timer (like for instance after 30 mins of no interaction with the dino) sounds very interesting as well :D

Hello.

I play your game from the moment of its release, and for such a long time has accumulated a lot of questions, and some like to know the answers.

1 question - the game introduced many new dino with saddles but they have only primitive quality . Any deep sea drops, or in caves or through fishing. Allosaurus, tapejara, megalosaurus, elemental, pachyrhinosaurus, chalicotherium, Kaprosuchus. All of them without  saddles better, than  primitive. When both of the same saddle pelagornis entered (with fishing) and he was introduced with the Allosaurus. When you close the gap?

2 question - Will introduce more functional with fish? Maybe  aquarium. Such as small fish caught, put in a container, house released into the aquarium, and let it grow (we must feeding fish). (Aquarium with piranhas - my dream) xD

3 question - what to do with the wandering? You are doing more and more emphasis on it, but it also remains a problem. The dino on base can runderstand away. You do not want to enter the "leash"? for example to the same dung beetle swirls around some sort of a stick with a rope and crawled anywhere. It would be very convenient. and simultaneously enter the perch for the little flyers.

4 question is simple - new fruits and vegetables?

5 question - Tektir. I care about is that one particular object. Replicator. You said that it could be crafted everything, even the impossible recipes,that is a hybrid smight aND fabricator. But I have the blueprints, which require more than 350 stacks of resources. and here is a question- Does the name that it will be recipes "cheaper" than if in smithy or fabricator? Because  I think Replicator duplicates resources. instead of 400 is 200.

6 question - breeding insects, fish and other inhabitants, from which it is not yet implemented. Is there any progress on this issue?

7 question - I dive for loot since their introduction to the game. I know the sea bottom better than the island. and there is very little space for underwater bases. Whether the ocean is increased with the introduction of underwater structures? because there will be new dino (announced 5) and place very little?

8 question - transponder node. It is simply impossible - to find a dinosaur with a node, if a lot of them. They overlap and it is terribly inconvenient. You can enter the "interactive map" with Tektir? And we can see on map marked dinosaurs. And we could choose the one who should be and find it.

9 question - mutations. Could you introduce more comprehensive inheritance dinosaurs performance system? Namely, to show what characteristics from  father and which from the mother(gender symbols in the stats)

And the last 10 question - you so much enter a new dinosaur that old for the most part become useless. I play PvE server heroez (this is not advertising, just the server almost complete copy of the official servers, with a few differences). And here is such a list of "useless" dino formed: spider, arthropleura, onyx, procoptodon, sarcosuchus and a couple dyno where one function - the eggs(Carno, copy and so on and so forth)  . and it is very sad :( Do you engage in the change of the old dinosaurs?

P.s.  Jat, I convey greetings from the Russian-speaking community of players in the ARK. Merry Christmas!

1. Will Xbox players ever get the option to change the max structures on platform saddles/boats? 

2. Can you make it so that RB makes you switch between first person, third person and orbit camera? It's really annoying to always hold the select button...

3. Are you planning to include some sort of sleep mechanic for every creature? Maybe debuffs when they are tired? 

Keep up the great work ARK-team! :-)

Well I got a few so If just one can be asked pick any you feel like answering, and fyi you guys are the best I have been with you guys since first release and Ark is a game I have so much fun with. I know you guys get bashed by a lot of these people out here who don't get how hard maintaining a game is, never the less a game as complex as ARK, so I feel the need to remind you there are people who are just happy you gave us such an amazing game! Happy holiday season to all of you guys and keep up the good work!

Okay so we have the Megolosaurus and Kapro with land grabbing abilities (they are the equivalent to the Argy and Ptera respectively), will we get the land equivalent to the Quetz or will the TLC patch give us one? Being picked up by a Giga would be absolutely horrifying..

What is the final total for creatures in the ARK, and how many are left to introduce (and will we get more amphibians)?

For the underwater base tech tier building, will we be able to build it in a way that allows us to use an above ground garage to transport things in and how will it work?

Okay for the VR Ark Park will we get that on some less expensive VR type, some of us don't have the funds to throw at things over $200.

Thanks!

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived