ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Before I start, yes I understand there is a building cap.

When placing building materials, we have hit limit, and after removing buildings we are still getting the cannot place  additional structures dialog when trying to work around. Have replaced Door Frames and Doors with Walls to drop the 2 building down to 1 counter, and destroying what was planted in crop plots (plant x species). This 10,500 counter does not go down, any mistake you make gets added to this even after demoing. Can we please get both of the following.

1. A UI Function when placing buildings of how much your current count is. Example: Like writing on twitter you have (0/300) text just give us something simple like this? (0/10,500) so you can tell what your radius is, and when you hit this cap.

2. Fix to this issue :)

i think the best overall solution would be to give us a stats screen, listing dino count, building count etc

I know this is probably unlikely. But the dino models movement, head direction, tail waving, wing span etc., are making the dinos very difficult to move, place and come around. Ive experienced other games were such things as mechanical "irrelevant" model parts are being made incorporeal, to allow for smoother movement and maneuvering. Dinos are already having their head, and tail being made effectively incorporeal when sticking out of structures, of closed buildings. So i dont see the benefit to the game of having the more "wild" parts of the models, being obstructing the survivor or dinos ingame. Will this change or is there a reason i have missed, that validates this decision?

With you guys working on cross platform play and dedicated servers on console, could you tell us how these will work when released? Will cross play be strictly Xbox/PC, PS/PC? As for the servers will we able able to host a dedicated server on console using a PC? Will we be able to rent a dedicated server?

Will the re-fertilizer ever be looked at and possibly be buffed? I tried it today for the first time and was massively underwhelmed at it's usefulness, mainly due to the fact that the area it seeds is absolutely tiny and combined with the fact you have zero idea whether the area you are going to seed even had anything there previously.

Also, could we please get a safer dismounting method for larger dinos such as the Giga for example brvsudr losing so much health by falling off of it to pick up loot (Turkey Trial)  or because opening / closing gates on dinos are super hit and miss is really annoying.

The chainsaw is really useful for wood, maybe you could add similar advanced tools for other resources. Maybe a jackhammer for stone, weed eater thing for fiber, something for metal, etc. It would be an alternative to carrying four different dinos around the map for resource farming. :D

Also, lower breeding times, at least for the hand feeding phase. 

Now that the official servers has been put to 2xp permanently, the whole breeding thing still stays vanilla. Would this be a change for the better to consider? I think it would as you have just made the game much more normal people friendly (aka people with work etc...) with the 2xp, if say they wanted to go to the next stage and try out breeding, this may not be a good option for them as the time for breeding is pretty time consuming. I would suggest bringing the times down quite a bit, could this be a thing?

Are we getting the Miasaur? It's that or decrease the time it takes to raise new dinos. The people that breed in vanilla right now don't have lives. It's unfair to ask a player to sit down and do the same boring UI management non-minigame for 8 hrs. If you want to nerf breeding that implement some kind of a cool-down, don't punish the players for being ambitious.

Yes. I built a pen. Stone walls on all four sides. With behemoth gates on two side. I am across the river, and start getting deaths messages for dinos in the pen. With no walls broken, no overhanging cliffs no open doors, how does a pack of 3 allosaurus get it and wipe dinos I worked hard to tame and level?

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 4:29 PM, The8ball0 said:

We have actually had the last main update befor pc and the next update we will be getting befor pc too we should get ours on 14th (provided it passes cert) and pc gets theirs for the 21st I think. 

Pc already has the achatina, megalosaurus, and the moschops. That it what I was trying to get at. I apologize if I wasn't clear.

Collected some during the last week's, here we go:

• Do you think you could make supply crates clear a path when they drop? Sometimes they are stuck and inaccessible!
  • What about additional meat kinds? It looks weird to have the same kind of steaks from dinos, mammals, bugs and amphibians (more of a pet peeve actually)
  • Can we PLEASE have editable notes after creating them? Maybe up to a certain word count? Why can't I add stuff to paper once I finished writing??

What about making all non-aggressive animals tamable with non-aggressive methods? I feel so bad for all the parasaurs and phiomias ?

Keep up the good work, people, you're amazing!

• Could you implement something like the preserving salt on The Island/The Center?

• I'd really like to see kibble for every creature. It's really sad that you can't perfect tame Dimorphs/Dilos/Scorpions/etc.

• When are you going to update the loot table on the crates? I'd like to see better quality versions of the new creatures saddles.

• Will you give us the ability to wield weapons/items on oceanic creatures like the Megalodon/Ichthy? I'm not a fan of being dismounted attempting to tame a Mosa/Plesiosaur with all the bad guys spawning in masses in the ocean.^^

And again from the last one:

• Is there a way that the Chalicotherium stays sit down?

• Can you please lower/disable the eating-sound of the Oviraptor? It's horribly loud and brutally annoying! :-D

• Can you fix it that Dire Bears won't poop out of their belly? This also is very important for breeding, because the baby is squirted out of the belly too and I've never succeeded to get it out under its mom without commands. Sometimes they even fall under the world...

• Is there a way that the training dummy works for PvE-servers without friendly fire?

• Will you change the spawns on the south-eastern and north-eastern islands, so that there will be a larger variety of creatures (atm there are only ~7 different species on each)?

• Will you add something like the desert armor to The Island, because sometimes you can only survive the heat by being naked and submerged in water (it happens to me mostly on Carnivore Island)?

• Will there be changes for the temper of some creatures? (Phiomias, Procoptodons, Pteranodons and Parasaurs should fight back!) Ehm... All start with P...

• Could you add a leash for our creatures, that we don't have to enclose them to make sure, they're not running away because they chase something? Would be a good thing for Gigantopithecus, Oviraptor and Dungbeetle, too and even for the mating-process!

• Is it possible to make eggs don't disappear if there are already 6 around? I lost a lot of fertilized eggs because of that...  

• You told us, that you work on the Titanosaur-PVE-thing, that we will be able to keep him alive. It was a long time ago and nothing happend. Are you still on it?

• Could we get an (unofficial/single player) option which creatures are allowed to be brought to boss arenas?

• How about a bigger hatchframe to bring in a Quetz?

• Will you ever correct the names of some creatures? Currently misspelled are Arthropluera (correct is ArthroplEUra), Titanboa (correct is TitanOboa) and Pulminoscorpius (correct is PulmOnoscorpius)

• Could you please change the spawnpoints of Titanosaurus, especially the one on Herbivore Island/South Haven? A tribe on my server had issues for 2-3 times, when one spawned in their base. So I had to command kill it and disabled the Titanosaurus completely.

• I noticed that the greenhouse structures cause extreme lag, after I built my treehouse in the redwoods. Could you fix this somehow?

• Will there be some rounded structures? I'd really like to build a dome-shaped sports arena!

• Is there a way we could dismount Tapejara whilst it is hanging on a wall/cliff/tree

13 hours ago, y0himba said:

Can we get a Learned/Unlearned filter in the engram list so we can easily see engrams we have not learned?

I know this has been "agreed to" in past Digests so maybe it'll happen soon?!

Along the same lines as this, how about some sort of tree system in the engram view? What I mean is, where you select something you have unlocked because you're at the required level but can't get it because it has a dependency (e.g. a simple example, stone wall requires wood and thatch walls), on clicking the engram you can't get could you make the required engrams highlighted? It'd just save a few seconds here and there scrolling about or using the search box (which is a pain on XB1, you can't always have the app available to type!).

I expect the answer to this will be "when we're at the alpha phase" but I'm going to ask anyway :P When will the falling through floors etc be fixed!? I often find myself having to spawn in a bed on PvP because I've fallen through my base floor and either drowned, or if I've fallen onto a bit of land then someone might have opportunistically killed me as they came across my body nosing about my base. I have to constantly put everything in my inventory + armor in a cupboard or vault before I disconnect. I try to d/c when on top of something, like a smithy, but even this is not a guarantee. This of course applies to dino's too - my trike will almost always be in a state of 50% through the floor and 50% in the base, until I ride it then jump off!

I'm assuming other stuff like the mad jump range of the Kaprosuchus (likewise the Gallimimus when sprinting!) will be addressed when you go over them again after the content addition phase, but if you're not planning to, please do - they're a little bit silly ;)

I feel like the game is missing some intermediary stuff when it comes to cooking and lighting your way on your journey through the ARK. How about a wood stove you can cook food in, and an oil lantern perhaps?

With the Giga being nerfed constantly, what if it was just re-stated to level up similarly to the Rock Golems? And if it's possible, shrink it down so it's only slightly bigger than a rex? It'd not only be closer to the real thing, but cooler too. I would really love to see this change implemented as well as many others.

I am an owner of a modded server, I am currently having a problem though, Someone can delete the mod from their mod folder and still join the server. The reason I am bringing this up is because, people are doing it to certain turret mods which makes it to where the turrets from the mod won't target them. The turrets dont show up for the people who deletes it so they dont get shot. Is there a way you can add a mod checker so when someone attempts this, it forces them to download it?

Alright, so I asked this on the last Q&A, but I didn't see any answers to it so I'll ask again. I know you guys are very busy with getting some very important things done in ark. Sometimes some smaller things get put on the back burner, but can we possibly get the structures+ mod looked at for the official mod program. This would be helpful mainly for people that don't play with a ton of mods on pc and especially for Xbox players who can't use mods. It addresses a lot of the issues in ark building and from what I've seen is one of the best, most used building mods yet. 

Like the new leveling up animations, will dinosaurs and players get new animations? be cool if all dinos got a C button :)

Not a specific ETA question, but is the TLC pass soon ;)?

Will we ever get no clip on official? it would make for some execellent  building.

Will the ORP cluster ever get pin codes back and alliances back?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived