ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

I have a few question regarding features which will increase the level of immersion in your game.

Do you plan to have audio TLC pass for dinosaurs? As it is now mejority of dinosaurs sound effects lack variety in their growls, barks or moans. It is very noticable on Diplo hurt sound effects for example. It has only 2 such hurt sounds and it reapeats over and over again. You can tell it should not be like that. Another problem I've noticed regarding sounds is when you level up your dino its default idle sounds blends with sound it makes when you level up; noticable on dilo for example.

Will all dinosaurs be able to sleep? It would be great to have them doing something else than just standing in the pen or riding them. You could add such mechanic if you allowed dinosaur to sleep regurarly it would get temporarly statistics boost. The longer it sleeps, the better boost is and the longer it lasts. But, dino won't be able to sleep more than 8 hours let's say.

What is planned for AI pass? 

Will be able to interact with our dinosaurs more than riding them, like petting them (with animmation like you extand your hand to pet them), playing with them? 

Will you rework dinosaurs path finding that they will stop running into rocks and other objects?

Will we get dismounting animations for our character?  It would be great to see yourself dismounting your dinosaur instead of being thrown away. I don't like lack of control where I'd land after dismounting.  Obviously such animations would be problematic on big dinosaurs such as Trex ot Bronto, but I don't see any problem to do that on Raptor/Carno/Ptera sized creatures. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Linux user, i'm a bit concerned about Ark's engine update, since there's a lot of glitches with shaders.

Recently there was great progress on graphic drivers (libre and proprietary one, mesa etc) and even new realeases from Unity/Unreal Engines supporting linux with better Vulkan support too.

What's the devs point of view/feeling regarding those updates ? Are they worth it or stable enough to integrate in the current game ? 

Can we expect soon an update to take advantage of these improvements ?

Actually i see v252.8-9 in actual version but my client on linux is still v252.2 so i'm wondering if the very last version as been pushed on linux too or if you are waiting some fixes to be ready and then push on steam the same uptodate version as Windows build ... I checked my steam options and there's no update yet.

hey guys, are you gonna add some kind of knife in the future? i was thinking in something to get a little amount of fiber, berries, thatch, wood, meat, etc it could be like a survivor tool and  it could be equipped off hand with combat propose ( harder punches and may be a little of blood less?). there could be 3 types of knives. the first one unlock a very low lv and it could be made of flint wood and fiber, the second one with ingots and wood (it will be more efficient and it could have more durability) and the third one could be like a modern combat knife made with ingots, polymer, pearls etc,this last knife should be the best in close combat and gathering a little amount of resources for survival proposes ( you know like when you are starving and need to get some berries really quick, or you need to get a torch or make/repair  a bow ).

When Ark Primal comes out will players have the option to convert one of their "human" chacters in to a "Dino" ? If they no longer wanted a human chacter instead of a (high level) human  chacter being forgotten about or thrown away. It is in the idea of being recycled so it won't feel like you had lost all the days/ months of playing ark. :D 

Will we be able to see another trailer of some sort for Ark Primal? Like seeing more animals that will be playable or watching a five mins of gameplay? Or maybe a small update of where Primal stands? O.o 

When a weapon/tool breaks and we have multiples in our inventory could another be auto equipped?

Could we get character alliances in addition to tribe alliance? i.e. your tribe has personally owned structures and a personal ally could access/not be targeted by that person's turrets but still be targeted by tribe turrets. 

Thank you!!!

will there be any nerfs to fliers soon, if so what are they??

will there be any more water dinos

will there be caves and obelisks added to PG maps

will you fix the giga anytime soon there are better ways to nerf him than completely destroy him and make him unusable, also could u make it so there is a pronunciation some where for him, its pronounced Giganotosaurus (jig-a-note-a-sore-us)

will the beer barrel be fixed so you can irrigate it

will you fix the cross ark transfers, i mean make them better, solve the problem of server wipes

will the random air spots be fixed on the PG maps

Is it possible to maybe add an advanced inventory layout to turrets. maybe a button on top right corner like tribe log, survivor profile etc. This button should open up a window with every dino listed and a checkbox to give the turret specific targets.

I dont want to waste bullets on friendly trikes, pteras or parasaurus, but i want my turret to shot raptors, argys or rexes.

1 hour ago, Tasfariel said:

Coming in the future x5 Rate server or more? And Coming More Big Carnivores to Ark maybe with Terretorial Fights?

5x would be way too much 2x and 3x on weekends is as high as it should go cuz 5x would make the game too easy and It would get boring really fast. But if you want 5x or more either start or join an unofficial server

When will you guys hire more staff for the support section of the game? I have had multiple game breaking bugs to report and fix and have had literally no cooperation from your dev team every single time other than automated responses. It could benefit you guys a lot by having a support team that dedicated their life to the game like we have.

48 minutes ago, ChrisDino said:

Will you ever add advanced AI for the creatures. This would include herbivores getting afraid when a carnivore is near, big carnivores fighting each other for their territory, herding and migrating.

seen loads of herbs running from carni's, parasaur especially from them as well as dodo. seen lots of packs of raptors too

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived