Permanent 2x and 3x weekends

Colbeh

What's your thoughts on Ark 2x harvesting, experience, and taming now becoming permanent and 3x weekends.

This is great for small tribes or people who are not as active as everyone else. But this game does not have much of an end game. For me, I've gotten very bored before when I got deeper into the game and ran out of things to build and tame. The breeding phase 3 helps now and as well the upcoming Tek Tier. 

I wouldn't be against them going back to regular kibble taming rates but still do the current 2x time.

What's your thoughts?

x2 has nothing but benefits from what I've seen. Less time grinding means more time fighting, socializing, cave running and exploring. More people are coming on official because the rates aren't as horrendous (going from 1 to 25 doesn't take a stupid amount of time) and simpler non-end-game tames are no longer a two hour investment. I've seen people taming things for fun rather than worrying about taming Quetzals and Gigas only, since they actually have more time to do things, and this game is about time.

It's not that the 2x bothers me at all, I acctually really like it and it's great for everyone. My only suggestion would be to reduce the Food rates of everything.(Kibble now gives 40, Prime 25, etc) Bring back the regular foods rates and keep the half taming time. That way it's still slightly challenging to tame but doesn't take alot of time.

This would also keep a better trade demand for eggs, because now it doesn't take much kibble to tame anything. Especially on 3x weekends.

That's my only problem with this.

9 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Yeah, even on x2 some dinos still eat their kibble and foods SLOWLY. A Dimetrodon will only eat every 3 minutes when KO'd, and other dinos like Pteras eat really slowly when taming, which doesn't help with their times.

Very true, didnt think about that.

I guess it would take a rework system to have dinos consume more kibble in the current 2x time.

I still believe this should be done at some point in the future.

This is probably the best thing that they've added and here's a very logical reason why.

So, I get it there is the die hards in this game that love the grind and taming a high level for hours upon hours. But for id say a majority of us that's not in any of our best interests. 

Many like myself have a job. Have a girlfriend, a family or just aren't always on but love the game. A 4-7 hour tame is out of the question most of the time. One tame you have to stand by and there goes your entire night. 

I've read and seen that People are making this such a big deal but why? The game just isn't as enjoyable having to grind so much for a forge or an item of that sort. 

If this is a big deal because you can't sit around watching your tame for however more hours than you might need to get some friends and a life. 

Thank you wildcard 

1 hour ago, Dime said:

This is probably the best thing that they've added and here's a very logical reason why.

So, I get it there is the die hards in this game that love the grind and taming a high level for hours upon hours. But for id say a majority of us that's not in any of our best interests. 

Many like myself have a job. Have a girlfriend, a family or just aren't always on but love the game. A 4-7 hour tame is out of the question most of the time. One tame you have to stand by and there goes your entire night. 

I've read and seen that People are making this such a big deal but why? The game just isn't as enjoyable having to grind so much for a forge or an item of that sort. 

If this is a big deal because you can't sit around watching your tame for however more hours than you might need to get some friends and a life. 

Thank you wildcard 

I completely agree with you, long tames are a huge buzz kill for many people. I play xbox and in a tribe with just a few of us and this helps us out big time. 

But, like I said before. I believe there should be a little bit of rework to this.

*sigh*... WC really knows how to make me regret my friend's and I's decision to take a break from Ark lol.

There were other prominent factors that lead to it, different hours due to new job, server barely breaking 10 players even at prime time, ect. But the gather rates, while we made it work and dealt with it, were a little too grindy, especially since it was just the two of us. We did accomplish quite a bit despite the rates save for a few things, like fighting the bosses, but 2X might have allowed us to do such things on our own and then some. So, I'm happy to hear about this change, it was kinda overdue due to the requests of everyone to make it permanent.

On the bright side, most likely when we do get back into Ark, it will be somewhat fresh for us both, I miss that feeling when I first started playing Ark.

Double-edged sword.

My tribemate had the same minor gripe when the 2x weekends started: The increased taming efficiency renders prior perfect tames 'obsolete' as dinos tamed during 2x gain more levels. 

The difference between 2x and 3x is only a couple of levels, much less noticeable than the 10+ between the vanilla rate and 2x, but even the two level difference can have a huge impact on breeding when applied over generations.

On the plus side, these new, higher level dinos can easily be worked into existing breeding programs, but there's still some bitterness about how it affects our older tames comparatively.

I have my own unofficial server with default rates. When I saw officials get the x2 weekends, I was pretty happy to not be on official.
I play on my own, and while I do have a lot of time on my hands, I'm also quite lazy. I never had much of a problem with the rates - I chalked it up to my being lazy when things didn't get done, and I still do. So for me personally, eh, I would've voted to keep rates as they were.
On the other hand, few people have as much time on their hands as me. I know the friend I play with will be quite happy about the change as soon as he hears about it, and I know there's far more people like him than people like me out there.

The EXP doubling though, I think is rather icky all around. It was already fairly easy to level up to the point where it's supposed to get harder, and increased harvest already makes gained EXP a bit easier and faster as well. The feedback also seemed the most negative towards the double EXP in specific.

Overall, as a PvE player mostly enjoying breeding, I always found the game to give only what you put into it, and as such, things lost some meaning.
I kibble tamed a plesio only yesterday, had enough kibble for either the plesio or a 150 quetz I had spotted. I was happy riding around on my new buddy yesterday, now I regret not having both for the same price. For all its undeniable upsides, it does also cheapen things noticeably, as far as I'm concerned.

E: Nope, I hate it. I hop on my wyvern and kill a few stray animals, loaded with meat. Swing my anky's tail twice at the volcano, anky's full. Toss it in my paracer, two more swings, paracer full. Trying to load it all onto my wyvern after smelting, weight management ho! Not sure how this is less tedious...

I see this decision as two-fold.  One, I think they did it to get some more players on Ark during the weekends, and it worked with quite some success.  There's been quite a bit of positive feedback about it.  I think there's possibly another hidden reason: the tek tier.  I think all of the tek stuff is going to be so prohibitively expensive that building and maintaining it on 1x servers will be nearly impossible.  With the bespoke resource not in abundance and difficult to obtain, I think they're trying to find a way to make the tek tier manageable without changing everything.

Archived