Jump to content

Jatheish

Evolution Event: Permanent Double Rates

Recommended Posts

As a PvE player, I feel like this is going to ruin the game. My game already lags and DCs me regularly around big bases with lots of dinos. This is only going to make matters worse.

Also as someone who was trying to tame the best for breeding stock this change basically means starting over. A 3x tamed 150 is going to be more powerful than what alot of breeders have been work twords for over a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HULK7639 said:

As a PvE player, I feel like this is going to ruin the game. My game already lags and DCs me regularly around big bases with lots of dinos. This is only going to make matters worse.

Also as someone who was trying to tame the best for breeding stock this change basically means starting over. A 3x tamed 150 is going to be more powerful than what alot of breeders have been work twords for over a year. 

According to dodo dex, you're going to get about 3 or 4more levels. Which isn't nearly as detrimental to your breeding stock base stats as it was when 2x first dropped. I don't see myself only taming on triple time days like with 2x. Still can get some beasts on these normal days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Freya said:

Why is there no downvote button.. 

good question cause you need a lot of them.  All this does is make the casuals grow faster.  All the noobs who never played the prior year+ with no 2x events ever just cry till they get their way.  Ark was killed with cross ark transfering and now it is rekilled with this move 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, xtrmfireman said:

good question cause you need a lot of them.  All this does is make the casuals grow faster.  All the noobs who never played the prior year+ with no 2x events ever just cry till they get their way.  Ark was killed with cross ark transfering and now it is rekilled with this move 

More people play on the 2x weekends, especially on Scorched Earth, where you are barely surviving at the 1x rates (if you are a low level).

Instead of just saying it will kill ARK, like this is a given, why not say why you think this is bad. I think the majority of us think it is a given that this will make ARK more popular, not less. But possibly you want less people paying ARK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jmarr307 said:

This is sorta neat as I hate grinding for poly, but it sorta sucks because for the past year we have worked hard to acquire what we have the old fashioned way. I'm aware not everyone has time to do what we had, but that was sorta the allure of it for me. I suppose with the new content coming we will enjoy not having to work as hard as before but once everyone else reaches our level it will sorta cheapen the joy knowing we did not what others couldn't. I sure hope the breeding stays as it is. This game needs to keep a few ultra hard challenges to it..the massive difficulty of some things gives a massive feeling of accomplishment. 

ye I agree that its annoying for everyone who spent the last while grinding before this but its gonna be good for getting 150 dinos now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"THESE RATES ARE STILL TO LOW AND THE REQUIREMENTS AND GRINDING ARE TOO MUCH DONT YOU WANT TO HAVE A LIFE OMG THIS IS SO UNFAIR THAT PEOPLE WHO PLAY MORE GET MORE STUFF"

 

I hate these rates, why even bother having level 1-70 when you can level out of that in one weekend pretty easily? Whats the purpose of levels when virtually everyone on my server is now approaching 80?

Taming is stupidly easy now, I just prime meat tamed a baby giga because I was bored, it took no effort or time.

If this is going to stay the XP multiplier and the taming for all dinos needs to be looked at. Either more difficult mechanics or make it more resource intensive, because literally almost all the challenge is gone out of this game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Housatonic said:

Ugh, makes everything so cumbersome now. Gathering animals can't take two steps without being overburdened. Feels like you spend the time saved on the extra hassle it creates instead.

Just increase weight in your new dinos rather than melee damage.. problem solved ;)

I wish the Mind Wipe tonic worked on my dinos.. I could reshuffle the stats to suit new harvesting rates of the server.

Edited by Musketeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:15 PM, Jmarr307 said:

This game needs to keep a few ultra hard challenges to it..the massive difficulty of some things gives a massive feeling of accomplishment. 

Doing the center boss arena is a challenge. Grinding for materials is not. To me it's awesome that smaller tribes or people that can't play 24 hours a day now have a chance to get things. Checking on an egg every 3 hours is just silly. This is a game isn't it? Or baby simulation 2016? I might have to retry an official server again, because you know, they can't fix solo servers(beer taking 6 hours for 1 brew, P+ crops taking hours for 1 crop).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, xDarkSoul18x said:

Doing the center boss arena is a challenge. Grinding for materials is not. To me it's awesome that smaller tribes or people that can't play 24 hours a day now have a chance to get things. Checking on an egg every 3 hours is just silly. This is a game isn't it? Or baby simulation 2016? I might have to retry an official server again, because you know, they can't fix solo servers(beer taking 6 hours for 1 brew, P+ crops taking hours for 1 crop).

Sorry bro, if the "tribe that plays 24 hours a day" wants to curb stomp your three person tribe, they still can.

 

they also get the easy mode taming and harvesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vonpritz said:

"THESE RATES ARE STILL TO LOW AND THE REQUIREMENTS AND GRINDING ARE TOO MUCH DONT YOU WANT TO HAVE A LIFE OMG THIS IS SO UNFAIR THAT PEOPLE WHO PLAY MORE GET MORE STUFF"

 

I hate these rates, why even bother having level 1-70 when you can level out of that in one weekend pretty easily? Whats the purpose of levels when virtually everyone on my server is now approaching 80?

Taming is stupidly easy now, I just prime meat tamed a baby giga because I was bored, it took no effort or time.

If this is going to stay the XP multiplier and the taming for all dinos needs to be looked at. Either more difficult mechanics or make it more resource intensive, because literally almost all the challenge is gone out of this game.

 

It's probably a pvp thing (since the game was made with pvp in mind) they had to do something about the ratio of time it took to build and the time it took to destroy,  this is a step in the right direction.  Taming was always easy for the prepared,  this just means you can get back into the fight quicker and actually recoup (unless the other tribe is just so much bigger/ plays more). The challenge will be in fighting bosses or fighting other/bigger tribes (the pvp aspect). Gotta look at the big picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Vonpritz said:

Sorry bro, if the "tribe that plays 24 hours a day" wants to curb stomp your three person tribe, they still can.

 

they also get the easy mode taming and harvesting.

You qualifying that the big/24 hour tribe will always stomp eliminates them from discussion as their size and ability to play 25/7 (we all know these tribes will come out on top) is not something that WC can control (maybe tribe size but there would be work arounds). Maybe stop trolling and actually add something to the discussion that's actually a talking point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cluster all servers and add Tribe Levels with a limited number of Perks useful to the unique situations of various players. For example, a general perk "Watchmen" that alerts you when your base or tames are under attack even if you're offline at the time, or a perk for small tribes "Stand Your Ground" that increases your tamed dino and structure resistance against attacks from larger tribes (simple calculation that automatically excludes already overpowered alphas), for large tribes you might have a perk called Advanced Chemistry that extends the duration and potency of chemicals by 25% and so on an so forth... All of these are useful in their own way but only specific tribes would want them and if you had enough perks available with a very limited number of points you could end up with some unique combinations and priorities that would mix up both PvP and PvE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy that the rates have been changed on official servers, but I am actually more interested to know (haven't found an answer to this yet) if there will be a change to the breeding rates for dinos. Currently, there is very little reason to breed dinos once you factor in the double rates. You will get an imprint bonus, but it is only for one person, and only if that one person manages to get online every 3 hours to imprint it over the course of several days. Considering that you can go out and tame a max wild level creature in about an hour or so, depending on the creature, the breeding rates make the entire process way more trouble than it is worth in almost every case. Are there any plans to increase the breeding rates on official servers, at least PVE, to promote breeding dinos over merely taming?

This also makes wyverns difficult for players who can't take off of work for four whole days, as they need milk almost as often as they can be imprinted, so require more frequent attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

You qualifying that the big/24 hour tribe will always stomp eliminates them from discussion as their size and ability to play 25/7 (we all know these tribes will come out on top) is not something that WC can control (maybe tribe size but there would be work arounds). Maybe stop trolling and actually add something to the discussion that's actually a talking point. 

I'm pointing out that fallacy this x2 somehow disproportionately helps smaller tribes. If anything it scales. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...