Evolution Event: Permanent Double Rates

Jatheish

18 hours ago, Hornedfrog85 said:

Well clearly not everyone was happy.  I have played pretty much from day1 and you know i like the change i dont spend my 3 hours of game play doing just one task i can now go get metal and wood build and on occasion raid the game plays at a far better pace.  You also have the option to go unofficial im sure you could find a die hard hard core gamer like yourself that runs a server or start in yourself? 

Yesi can also go on unoffical but why i have to do this now, before it was to you to go on unoffical to get casual  taming, it'sa non sense to go on unoffical to get the original rules. so they clearly simplified the game, for casual, for money, but np.

Edited by krog

1 hour ago, krog said:

Yesi can also go on unoffical but why i have to do this now, before it was to you to go on unoffical to get casual  taming, it'sa non sense to go on unoffical to get the original rules. so they clearly simplified the game, for casual, for money, but np.

The game isn't even released yet so changes happen without cause or reason to us thats what we agreed to.  And of course its for money the game doesn't run on raibow light if wc cant attract people to play on official servers and pay for the game where exactly do you think the upkeep will come from? How do you attract new players when the hard core gamers have payed already...  You make the game more accessible and less grindy so people are more interested you make it more exciting so half the work means more time to kill raid fanny about with others. 

i just wish the taming and egg hatching would be turned up I usually dont have the 4 days to fully hatch a rex or spend like 3-4 trying to tame a rex (time included in finding, knocking out and then taming it) I mean i kinda understand it for PvP but maybe make PvE a little faster for those as dinos are more or less just to show/killing other dinos 

On 2016-12-12 at 5:57 PM, Jat said:

large.EvoEvent.pngHey Survivors,

We’ve got some exciting news we’d like to share with you! As of today, we will be transitioning the ARK’s harvesting, EXP, and taming rates to 2x permanently. 

This is a decision we’ve made after experimenting with the game’s rates for quite some time. You may have noticed in the last few weeks the Evolution Events have gotten longer, this has allowed us to get a better feel for how it would play out in a permanent live experience. We have consistently received a lot of feedback from you, and it was very evident that players preferred the increased rates. Thusly, the rates will stay at 2x permanently from now onwards on our Official Servers. Evo Event Weekends will consequently be increased to 3x rates.

Furthermore, in the next major version releases, the 2x rates will be implemented directly in the game build itself. This means that Non-Dedicated Servers, Single Player Sessions and of course Unofficial Servers will also feel the increased rates. Therefore, if you’re currently using customized rates, it’s something you will want to keep in mind before this change is in place -- specifically upon the release of the next Major Version on each of your respective platforms, you may wish to reduce your server/game rates by 50% to have the same effective values as before.

We appreciate all the response you guys have provided to us regarding our Evolution Events and are looking forward to running more exploring new features with you in the upcoming future.

All the best,

Wildcard Jat and the ARK: Survival Evolved Team

:Jerblove:

View full article

You should seriously put a max of one transfer per character its poop having to restart everything because someone who isint even from your server who's raids you and you can never get revenge 

On 12/12/2016 at 3:57 PM, Jat said:

large.EvoEvent.pngHey Survivors,

We’ve got some exciting news we’d like to share with you! As of today, we will be transitioning the ARK’s harvesting, EXP, and taming rates to 2x permanently. 

This is a decision we’ve made after experimenting with the game’s rates for quite some time. You may have noticed in the last few weeks the Evolution Events have gotten longer, this has allowed us to get a better feel for how it would play out in a permanent live experience. We have consistently received a lot of feedback from you, and it was very evident that players preferred the increased rates. Thusly, the rates will stay at 2x permanently from now onwards on our Official Servers. Evo Event Weekends will consequently be increased to 3x rates.

Furthermore, in the next major version releases, the 2x rates will be implemented directly in the game build itself. This means that Non-Dedicated Servers, Single Player Sessions and of course Unofficial Servers will also feel the increased rates. Therefore, if you’re currently using customized rates, it’s something you will want to keep in mind before this change is in place -- specifically upon the release of the next Major Version on each of your respective platforms, you may wish to reduce your server/game rates by 50% to have the same effective values as before.

We appreciate all the response you guys have provided to us regarding our Evolution Events and are looking forward to running more exploring new features with you in the upcoming future.

All the best,

Wildcard Jat and the ARK: Survival Evolved Team

:Jerblove:

View full article

Only problem is that people tame to many animals and hoard them where is the fail safe to cut that down?> 500 tames in a tribe then you cut off tames at 2500,....?

As much as I was apprehensive about this change, after playing the game for a bit with it, I'm happy with the outcome.  More people are logged in daily, which makes for a more fun experience.  At least in my server, anyways.  I knew I would appreciate the higher harvest rates because who really wants to grind for 2 hours to get 3k-4k ingots?  Granted I'm also on SE, but still.  Much easier now.  And taming efficiencies are better, the higher the multiplier is, so it just means tames come out higher on kibble!

Bravo, I like the change.

Platinum

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, LabRat said:

Dont worry once again it was all lies.. in an effort to sooth babies like you from crying about get some of the same Dinos you have, they have reset it back to 1x always -no 2x weekends and wasted my time and others.. Thanks WC....

They have not reset anything back to x1. All official servers are now at x2 standard which is what 1.0 now represents.

1 minute ago, GamerPerfection said:

They have not reset anything back to x1. All official servers are now at x2 standard which is what 1.0 now represents.

ya might wanna step over to 38 < that's the official server 38 sir! and check it!  it is 1x (old values)... not the new hottness but the old and busted BS same as before the great Double xp scam of 2016.

You might think you are the only person than can count lvl 20 Quetz at 1.5 would have been 11 kibble  @28 mins and that just did not happen...... again I'd like to thank WC for wasting my time....

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, LabRat said:

ya might wanna step over to 38 < that's the official server 38 sir! and check it!  it is 1x (old values)... not the new hottness but the old and busted BS same as before the great Double xp scam of 2016.

You might think you are the only person than can count lvl 20 Quetz at 1.5 would have been 11 kibble  @28 mins and that just did not happen...... again I'd like to thank WC for wasting my time....

You clearly are failing to understand what is going on here. Let me explain it.

On the original x1 setting which was previously known as 1.0 a lvl 20 Quetz would have taken: 33 Kibble and 01:29hrs

On the NEW x2 setting which is NOW known as 1.0 a lvl 20 Quetz will take 17 Kibble and 46:15mins

What you are expecting is the x1.5 setting (on top of the NEW 1.0) which would be during an Evo weekend, and as already explained they are not currently doing Evo weekends.

So NO they have not reverted back to the original x1 because 1.0 is now equivalent to the original x2.

Edited by GamerPerfection

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

You clearly are failing to understand what is going on here. Let me explain it.

On the original x1 setting which was previously known as 1.0 a lvl 20 Quetz would have taken: 33 Kibble and 01:29hrs

On the NEW x2 setting which is NOW known as 1.0 a lvl 20 Quetz will take 17 Kibble and 46:15mins

What you are expecting is the x1.5 setting which would be during an Evo weekend, and as already explained they are not currently doing Evo weekends.

So NO they have not reverted back to the original x1 because 1.0 is now equivalent to the original x2.

Thanks, I was unable to explain it to him without mentioning "stop crying" and "minecraft waiting for you".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Caramel said:

I do not want to play this game anymore now, cuz u dont even have to work for ur stuff anymore now u'll just enter a random server and u'll become alpha tribe in 2 hours. WORST THING U COULD HAVE EVER DONE. U had a good game but now its trash, wish i could refund it now.

So you are saying before the perm rates it would have taken you just 4 hours to become alpha tribe on a random server?

• GP locked this topic