Evolution Event: Permanent Double Rates

Jatheish

25 minutes ago, Toni said:

Nice.

But shouldn't be implemented into the major build.

Do you have any idea what your change is causing? Wiki entries which has to be adjusted? Taming calculators and so on?

Greets

I did wonder about this too... when the SA companion app will be updated to x2 so that it is on standard with official at weekends we knew to multiply and half the details would be interesting to know if this is gonna be changed when the permenant change comes in!

This is great news! not only does it make the game slightly less grindey from the get go, but I'm hoping people will be less dismayed by losing gear or tames.

I will certainly take more risks knowing that stuff is quicker to replace. Breeding is where the grind should be imo.

Once you have some decent gear and dinos, you almost become afraid to use it through fear of losing it xD

12 hours ago, Karandyn said:

Will this also apply to breeding rates like hatching and maturation speed?

I'd love to get into that but our tribe is small and we just cant spend days on end baby sitting and imprinting.

Gotta spend time for the best stuff, it's a reward, no participation trophies. Try breeding small things that only take a day or two, well breed dimorph and ptera are easy and they pay off pretty well. 

26 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

Please apply x2 to breeding too... Breeding a giga for 2 weeks is just silly.. only jobless people can do it.

Well often Wildcard confuses difficulty with boredom. Taming a wyvern is not difficult, it is a pain. Seriously I need to wake up 2 o 3 times at night, if I want imprinting?
What happens if I have to work/study/wathever? ¬¬

Giganoto is another level lol, 2 weeks O.o

Edited by Cucharon

4 minutes ago, Th3Re4LDyL said:

I've been playing single player at 1x rates because it was the default setting. Does this mean I can keep the rates at 1x and still feel this boost after the update, or will I have to bump up the settings to 2x to keep it at the default setting?

What we call x2 will become x1, it means that if one private server is X1, will have same rate of official servers (what we call now, x2), and if a private server is x2, will be x4.

So yes, your single player server will change automatically too.

Edited by Cucharon

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Th3Re4LDyL said:

I've been playing single player at 1x rates because it was the default setting. Does this mean I can keep the rates at 1x and still feel this boost after the update, or will I have to bump up the settings to 2x to keep it at the default setting?

Yes, when the permanent change is introduced in the next main patch the increase in rates will take effect automatically, you won't need to change any settings yourself.

Thank you so much for this, now i will play like i just to... im kind of jelous about ps4 people they have been waiting too long for the game... But... we passed trough the development.... loosing tames time n a bunch of stuff just because of some glitch bugg or disconnection... i think we deserved some veterant recognition like a Special skin or something, For PC n Xbox... Just Saying... 

I like the 2x and the 3x.  My only concern is after everyone gets use to the new settings if they will start to complain because it takes to long for stuff again.  I feel like the same people that were crying about the difficulty to gather and tame will still complain once they get use to it and forget how it once was.  Complainers are always complainers and usually never find happiness.  I hope this makes them happy and they learn how to play and grind because even with the new settings grinding will still be needed.

But overall I like the move I think it will encourage more pvp on pvp servers.  I won't feel as bad when my rex dies because I didn't spend 10 hrs taming.  More likely to attack with it because I can replace a little easier.

Edited by jjfats

I have spent nearly 200 days playing Ark so far and I must admit I feel a little aggrieved that folks will now be able to tame the dinos in half the time it took me for most of them. However it is the correct thing to do IMHO if you want this game to take off, it took far too long to tame many things. As for any increase in breeding times I would be far more guarded as it should take a long time to gain the best bred dinos but it should be tribe imprinting IMO not individual. Just my thoughts well done so far, look forward to future improvements in the game play.

• GP locked this topic