Evolution Event: Permanent Double Rates

Jatheish

1 hour ago, Ark247uk said:

Why? Everyone knows it's been busier at weekends since the evolution events and more community spirit etc.

Great move Wildcard I'm sure there are more that are happy than unhappy! Plus player dedicated servers can reduce there OP hopefully will bring more people back to the official servers too!

Thus making it unplayable on week ends due to high population and server that cant handle more then 12 people online....

So if X2 is the new standard, and you plan on doing X3 on occasion does that mean half again as much as now, or x2 now? Also I have mixed feelings about the permanent x2 as the trolls come out for x2. Our server is pretty cool, but during the weekend their are tons of newcomers flying around on pteradon picking people and dropping them

3 hours ago, Karandyn said:

Will this also apply to breeding rates like hatching and maturation speed?

I'd love to get into that but our tribe is small and we just cant spend days on end baby sitting and imprinting.

Raising babies was balanced around 1x, so to me it seems as if they need to decrease the baby timers now too in order to keep balance.

I don't really like this, two of us has farmed 600 stone walls and about 300 ceilings in one day on x2, and we did that in super early game with one player on doedi and other acting like a "curior" bringing stone from doedi with argentavis to storage box. Now imagine building with perfect tamed doedi /golem and quetzal, thats a joke. Also 120 perfect tamed anky, wihout imprint, full dmg lvlded can get enough metal in island vulcano on x2 to make 150 metal walls, that is a lot. 

Not to mention how many more things will people tame since its so easy on x2 and now even x3, some of them not even needs narcotic, knock out and go afk 1 hour. rofl.

Seriously, I am not fan of a grind, but also I am not fan of huge bases with 20 brontos that make my fps 15 on a 2k euros 2016 PC. Bases are going to be huge, this will negatievly affect game and server stabilty.  Thats why week 1x, weekends 2x was a perfect middle, balance.

And what abour Breding?, Raising Taming to x3 and breeding still x1?

Edited by b0ender

4 hours ago, Jmarr307 said:

This is sorta neat as I hate grinding for poly, but it sorta sucks because for the past year we have worked hard to acquire what we have the old fashioned way. I'm aware not everyone has time to do what we had, but that was sorta the allure of it for me. I suppose with the new content coming we will enjoy not having to work as hard as before but once everyone else reaches our level it will sorta cheapen the joy knowing we did not what others couldn't. I sure hope the breeding stays as it is. This game needs to keep a few ultra hard challenges to it..the massive difficulty of some things gives a massive feeling of accomplishment. 

Your right I like the 2x but I think breeding should stay the same because it should only be available to the tribes with the dedication to do it.

2 hours ago, b0ender said:

I don't really like this, two of us has farmed 600 stone walls and about 300 ceilings in one day on x2, and we did that in super early game with one player on doedi and other acting like a "curior" bringing stone from doedi with argentavis to storage box. Now imagine building with perfect tamed doedi /golem and quetzal, thats a joke. Also 120 perfect tamed anky, wihout imprint, full dmg lvlded can get enough metal in island vulcano on x2 to make 150 metal walls, that is a lot. 

Not to mention how many more things will people tame since its so easy on x2 and now even x3, some of them not even needs narcotic, knock out and go afk 1 hour. rofl.

Seriously, I am not fan of a grind, but also I am not fan of huge bases with 20 brontos that make my fps 15 on a 2k euros 2016 PC. Bases are going to be huge, this will negatievly affect game and server stabilty.  Thats why week 1x, weekends 2x was a perfect middle, balance.

And what abour Breding?, Raising Taming to x3 and breeding still x1?

I disagree x2 is a good balance bare in mind that the primary game play os pvp making the rates higher promotes pvp in that its not so damaging to loose that has been the bigest reason people quit playing you destroy their base and they just quit.  Now they can build back up and its not such a hard ship whichs is great nobody wants people to be driven away from playing especially not wc.  Tamming times have always been madness for people who have jobs kids etc this balaces that.  Big tribes will always have more no matter the rates this at least makes smaller ones have more of a chance 

I love the fact that you did the 2x permanently now, however this doesn't give people a true feel of what the game is about... Survival... Grinding... The things that made this game so appealing to begin with. I can see the benefits this does to taming, but still... The true feeling of Survival Evolved is the grind and teamwork it takes to gather resources to build your tribe up. I'll be excited to see how 3x will be... 

I am so excited about this, I had been hoping that the weekly "events" were just testing the waters and they would end up keeping it this way. I wont lie I enjoy the official servers much more when things are 2x. I have been playing since July 10th last year and it was a big grind but the 2x is just so much more fun, more time to play and less time to just go around collecting stuff!

2 hours ago, ClimaxFX said:

Your right I like the 2x but I think breeding should stay the same because it should only be available to the tribes with the dedication to do it.

It's not a case that we for an example aren't dedicated enough to raise babies because we have and my partners stayed up for 72 hours straight etc... we have bred beavers argies and sabertooth all 100% imprint but we would love to do a pair of gigs and pair of quetz... but we ( sadly ??) have a family and other responsibilities with time constraints lmao 

Even first weekend of every month or something making hatching and raising "easier" would help I would hate for that to be a permanent thing as I agree the challenge does "show" dedication but doesn't mean tribes who are dedicated doesn't find this a huge task in real life hours...

Unless of course the game is "for" the people who have no kids no job and no non ark life? Just implementing a whole tribe can imprint and eggs are "owned" and not allowed to be collected by non tribe/alliance members would be so helpful! Hatching hiding from the world to get it to the last bit to Hatch at base is still survival when you are fighting the perfect temperature on primitive and on PVE all the wild dinos when a player sneaks up on u and steals your egg is devastating especially hours and hours spent Hatching the egg!

• GP locked this topic