Evolution Event: Permanent Double Rates

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Caramel said:

No of course not, but hope u get where im goin with this

Not really, doubling the rates is hardly the worst decision ever.

You make silly claims like you can become alpha on a random server after 2 hours, which clearly is made up claims, and you act as if people don't have to work for stuff anymore, even though rates have only been doubled.

You do realise you pick up 2 stones now instead of 1. It's stuff like that, doubling rates doesn't mean people get stuff without putting in effort and work still.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2017 at 1:36 PM, GamerPerfection said:

Not really, doubling the rates is hardly the worst decision ever.

You make silly claims like you can become alpha on a random server after 2 hours, which clearly is made up claims, and you act as if people don't have to work for stuff anymore, even though rates have only been doubled.

You do realise you pick up 2 stones now instead of 1. It's stuff like that, doubling rates doesn't mean people get stuff without putting in effort and work still.

Well said.  It just means that instead of grinding for 5 hours to get enough metal to build a largely defensible base, you only have to grind for 2-3.  Time can be better utilized and it's not as much of a pain to achieve large goals.  It's still a grind and you have to put effort in, but your effort is a little more rewarding.  Especially on those evolution weekends :Jerblove:

By the way, just wanted to say that I've read a bunch of your stuff and I think you're doing a pretty good job as a community mod.  Keep up the good work.  I've been in that position on other forums before and your effort is very seldom realized and even less appreciated. @GamerPerfection

I still think it should be 4 or even 5x the rates as vanilla, with resource stacking similar to some pc mods, like 1000 pieces of wood in a stack. and also improve the amount of weight you gain by adding more levels :) Trying to play while holding down a 60 + hour work week can be quite tedious. Hopefully this will change when pc hosted console servers launch and I can get my own!  Also is there plans for PS4 and Xbox1 to receive modding support? That would be awesome!

Edited by ntmk11

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 0:01 AM, ciabattaroll said:

Hey does anyone know if they are any further forward with boosting the rates of breeding yet? With all these new updates and the new cave its something that will no doubt be highly sought after. Not only that from a small tribe point of view it would be great to beable raise rexs in half the time for boss fights. Very difficult right now if you work 5 days a week and can only acheive this when holidays come around. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On August 10, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Lockdown said:

i thought these rates are still permanent ?  im picking up 1x stone now  

28 minutes ago, WildKing1223 said:

Has it happened yet

On August 10, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Zuesneith said:

The rates are the same. They just have it where when picking up the stone by hand you get 1x instead of 2x. Jen had posted about it a while back. 

Ya im only getting 1 stone also.  Also he says evo events will be 3x but my evo event message still says 2x.

36 minutes ago, Iamkemical said:

This thread is super old.

You pick up one rock because they wanted to keep it. I don't know the word I want to use here. To keep it real?  Punch a tree if you want to find out what the gathering rates are at.

The evo events say 2x but they are really 3x the original rates. 

Jat literally says 2 rocks in the op

• 2 years later...

For many months since Covid hit, rates had been boosted across the board. Its become the new norm, not just harvesting and xp, but breeding as well. New tribes and small tribes have always struggled with getting high end tames and breeding them. Even established tribes. When you have something that takes a week or two to raise, its extremely difficult for anyone that works to be able to get to imprints. At 2x granted that wont become any easier, but at least its not 2 weeks or longer if you have to cryo your babies. Think about it, how many people have that kind of time. This isnt a game thats played by kids only, take into consideration the fact that people have jobs and families to look after as well. Ark is a game, not something most can dedicate every waking hour to.

Please increase the breeding rates or do something about the imprint timer on official, anyone who has a job and a normal life to maintain basically has to be married to the game if they want to get 100% on top teir dinos.

On 12/12/2016 at 5:49 PM, Karandyn said:

Will this also apply to breeding rates like hatching and maturation speed?

I'd love to get into that but our tribe is small and we just cant spend days on end baby sitting and imprinting.

• GP locked this topic