Evolution Event: Permanent Double Rates

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.EvoEvent.pngHey Survivors,

We’ve got some exciting news we’d like to share with you! As of today, we will be transitioning the ARK’s harvesting, EXP, and taming rates to 2x permanently. 

This is a decision we’ve made after experimenting with the game’s rates for quite some time. You may have noticed in the last few weeks the Evolution Events have gotten longer, this has allowed us to get a better feel for how it would play out in a permanent live experience. We have consistently received a lot of feedback from you, and it was very evident that players preferred the increased rates. Thusly, the rates will stay at 2x permanently from now onwards on our Official Servers. Evo Event Weekends will consequently be increased to 3x rates.

Furthermore, in the next major version releases, the 2x rates will be implemented directly in the game build itself. This means that Non-Dedicated Servers, Single Player Sessions and of course Unofficial Servers will also feel the increased rates. Therefore, if you’re currently using customized rates, it’s something you will want to keep in mind before this change is in place -- specifically upon the release of the next Major Version on each of your respective platforms, you may wish to reduce your server/game rates by 50% to have the same effective values as before.

We appreciate all the response you guys have provided to us regarding our Evolution Events and are looking forward to running more exploring new features with you in the upcoming future.

All the best,

Wildcard Jat and the ARK: Survival Evolved Team

:Jerblove:

View full article

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DocC said:

RIP ARK :(

Why? Everyone knows it's been busier at weekends since the evolution events and more community spirit etc.

Great move Wildcard I'm sure there are more that are happy than unhappy! Plus player dedicated servers can reduce there OP hopefully will bring more people back to the official servers too!

• Facepalm 1

Have to admit I'd love to see a hatching and maturing speed increase at weekends wev managed beavers argos and sabertooth babies got some quetz and giga eggs to do its difficult on prim+ though ?? not just cos ur fighting off stuff half way up a mountain in the dark where your torch can be the difference of too hot or too cold but then fending off others who pick it up (boy do I wish this wasn't possible that fertilised eggs could only be picked up by those who placed or atleast tribes) or wild dinos but then the imprinting times is difficult me and my partner take shifts like a real baby lmao... would be nice if all tribe members could imprint and tribe members get the imprint bonus... or like a list of objectives say 5 random things for 20% imprint with no time limit just before its an adult that way u can just concentrate on getting it to eat out the trough... and boy would that be great to control who eats out the trough!

• Thanks 1

This is sorta neat as I hate grinding for poly, but it sorta sucks because for the past year we have worked hard to acquire what we have the old fashioned way. I'm aware not everyone has time to do what we had, but that was sorta the allure of it for me. I suppose with the new content coming we will enjoy not having to work as hard as before but once everyone else reaches our level it will sorta cheapen the joy knowing we did not what others couldn't. I sure hope the breeding stays as it is. This game needs to keep a few ultra hard challenges to it..the massive difficulty of some things gives a massive feeling of accomplishment. 

• Like 1

• GP locked this topic