Hatching/Breeding is more than viable in Primitive and P+

darkfelt

Just thought I'd share some of our breeding escapades on P+. Some people have issues with incubating eggs due to the lack of air conditioners. We compensated with the help of 20+ Dimetrodons sitting on a 4x4 ceiling with walls above our incubation area (the torch is just for light). 

Playing on an official PvP server, we recently hatched 28 Quetz eggs, keeping 13 of them who had the stat we were after.

ss+(2016-12-03+at+03.13.28).jpg

29 minutes ago, darkfelt said:

Congrats on the post count dude. Thanks for, again, adding nothing to a conversation.

Congrats on the worthless thread?

What discussion is there to be had? Dimetrodens help with breeding when you don't have access to air conditioners? 

I mean, honestly, you probably went through more trouble getting the dimetrodens as opposed to just incubating in a cave or using fireplaces..

16 hours ago, Itsr2ghgaming said:

There will possibly be a heating/cooling source.. We would have to think of something primitive! 

Outside of using dinos, heating isn't really a problem but cooling is. One solution has been to build an outpost in a cold climate and use fires/torches to bring the temp up to desired level. 

For a primitive solution that insulates eggs for both heat and cold, perhaps some sort of Mud Box structure would fit the primitive classification. If I was in a pseudo historical primitive dinosaur land, I'd expect something like that. For balance, I suggest the Mud Box item require both irrigation (for cooling) and consume spark powder (for heating).

Or, a different take on a primitive Air Conditioner would be a Swamp Cooler. They use the cool temperature of water to cool an area instead of a pump/coil and freon type coolant. It's just water, pipes and fins. 

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 4:54 PM, darkfelt said:

Outside of using dinos, heating isn't really a problem but cooling is. One solution has been to build an outpost in a cold climate and use fires/torches to bring the temp up to desired level. 

For a primitive solution that insulates eggs for both heat and cold, perhaps some sort of Mud Box structure would fit the primitive classification. If I was in a pseudo historical primitive dinosaur land, I'd expect something like that. For balance, I suggest the Mud Box item require both irrigation (for cooling) and consume spark powder (for heating).

Or, a different take on a primitive Air Conditioner would be a Swamp Cooler. They use the cool temperature of water to cool an area instead of a pump/coil and freon type coolant. It's just water, pipes and fins. 

I like the mud box idea too I agree something with irrigation and fuel source such as dry firewood would be feasible and realistic.

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 6:50 PM, Itsr2ghgaming said:

There will possibly be a heating/cooling source.. We would have to think of something primitive! 

Possibly an ice box with a new resource from the snow biome. Similar to preserving bin but only stores ice in it and water jars to freeze, and cools surrounding area that could be a good source and is a primitive refrigerator 

Archived