Offline Ark

CMitch24

Hey guys!! I havnt been on here in awhile and havnt played ARK in months due to my lack of internet connection. 

Lately I have been fiending to play bad and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for how to have fun playing offline. 

Id also like recommendations for the settings I should have to make the game enjoyable but still difficult. 

Any suggestions will help me get back into ARK. I play on my Xbox one.

When I play solo/offline, I increase the settings of harvesting to 5, taming to 5 and XP to 3. That way you still have to work to get things done, but it's not overly grindy. I also love to add mods to my single player, mainly building items and some fun stuff, like transport pads. That way I can create fun buildings with more imagination and less frustration than standard ARK allows, and I can get around the map easily. I never add over OP stuff like super tranc darts or rifles, as I don't want to 1-shot every dino to tame it. There should be some challenge in solo taming.

And set yourself a long term goal like: solo tame a quetz or solo tame a mosa or have 2 of every species around (1 male, 1 female) or tame and breed the perfect specimen of your favorite dino (I did that with argents, got a 225 out of the egg on difficulty 5). I love taming, if that wasn't obvious yet.

And don't rush to end game. Enjoy exploring the map (eg on foot, rather then by flyer)

Archived