I do not understand the difficulty WC has in making true PvE servers.

Midnight_

1 hour ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Probably because they secretly dislike PvE players and put little diabolical easter eggs in for PvPers to find and use on unsuspecting PvEers. They have how many official testers now? 5? They probably knew this was possible in PvE, but they didn't care. they let it in. They wanted this to happen. 

It's not that they are stupid and aren't being communicated with, or were unaware. They just see this as a non-issue.

agree. it's always the PvE'rs getting the short end of the stick. if we wanted aggression, we would have gone PvP. we don't need this is PvE.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We chose pve to be able to build freely and NOT having to deal with those issues and those kinds of actions,BUT, being an online game and humans being poop then its only a matter of time before they break the games mechanic and abuse it to do wrong. They sure know about it,they are the ones who creates the game but maybe the problem is that everytime they have different people working on it. Like the stuff that didnt happen during haloween event because some dev were in vacation or gone somewhere. They hired different peoples they do business with cheapest compagny to save money too. Never had any server issue until they <<moved it to better hardware>> but thats another matter. I do agree with everything you<re saying and i wish they listen to what you<re saying. 

Another example of a new dino with a specific PvP design not adjusted for PvE. The Pachyrhinosaurus. As outlined in this thread 

They have again with a new dino made it usable as a PvP effects providing new tools for griefing in PvE. The effects should NOT effect other players/tribes dinos. But using this new dino you can grief of players/tribes. 

1 hour ago, Midnight_ said:

Another example of a new dino with a specific PvP design not adjusted for PvE. The Pachyrhinosaurus. As outlined in this thread 

They have again with a new dino made it usable as a PvP effects providing new tools for griefing in PvE. The effects should NOT effect other players/tribes dinos. But using this new dino you can grief of players/tribes. 

One of my server mate just visited my base, I was showing my new Matis from SE, and next to him my 3  Pachyrhinosaurus (All Neutral) was standing like good boy. Nothing happen, I suggest you test urself.

I'm late to this topic, n don't play pve. But as a PvP player, there is some easy ways to block advancing large Dino's.

Its PvE, player vs environment. If a wild is able to attack your base and tames, then your not keeping the environment out. Regardless of if it was trolled.

Put up 3 high pillars circling the base, maybe like 20 feet from the walls. Out a metal behemoth in front of your normal one  but in line with the pillars. This way you can get out with big tames. Rock elements can't fit through double spaced pillars. Put ceilings on top if you want with spikes to prevent ramping one over with a pacer. 

But really, I get pve is about building n taming. Asthetics.  So why not build a cool dino pen, hide your tames. Make that badass wall around your base. 

There is tons you can do to prevent aggroing. Now I say this and I will catch a lot of flak being in a pve topic, but, and this I'd a fact, this game was designed for PvP. There wasnt even pve at the dawn of ark. They want it to be PvP, so while I wish they would help you guys more, I don't know if its on their high priority list. That being said, why not just add PvP elements to your base. It may cost a lot more resources, but you won't have to worry about being greifed. You don't need a full metal base, you simply need great outer later protection towards your walls.

Regardless of wether you should have to implement better base defense or not, is irrelevant. Because greifing is happening, and will continue as d bags will always find away if you let them. Just boils down to if all those hundreds or thousands of hours is worth protecting to you, or if you'd rather show up here to add another incident to your list.

Best of luck

@GEonWAR Test it myself and confirmed. I was able to go to others bases and screw with their dinos. However it is not all dinos. And not consistent. So more to figure out about it. Some questions that need answering are for the dinos that I can agro what are they set on. The current consensus is that it works for dinos set on neutral. But yes more testing is needed. 

@CriD Ya sure there are things you can do to try to defend against other players. Most things involve you being a high level player (30+). So new players have no defense. Also in order to defend against these thigns you have to know about them. Most are very much unaware until after the fact and even then may not understand what happened so are doomed to repeat it. The point is that in PvE you should be able to ignore other players. And other players should NOT be able to grief you in the ways mentioned here. The fact they can makes it not actual PvE

Using the pachyrhino you could kite others dinos away to wait the timers to run out and claim the dinos. It is all very bad. Should not be able to do this in PvE. Yes it is a pre-release game and all...bla bla bla. But here we are reporting it. Lets get this stuff fixed.

10 minutes ago, Engraverwilliam said:

come cry on our server :-) We fixed all of these issues.

Somebody wrongs you kill them. Want to fight the Environment.... No probelem the environment will eat you for lunch!

DINO-MIGHT
PvPvE 40x tame. 

New PvPvE server now open.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dinomightark
https://arkservers.net/server/144.217.106.219:27026

Your server is not related to this issue. You are definitely in the wrong thread. This thread only concerns those who play on PvE official servers.

Edit/add: This is a great place to post in if you want to advertise your server: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/90-server-advertisements/

There are no discussions about being "insided" here. That is not a topic of discussion in this thread. And the issues of this thread will not be fixed by not playing on official servers. As I have said before to others. I am glad you found an unofficial you have fun on. It is great that unofficial servers do not have many of the issues that official servers have. But this is not an official vs unofficial discussion. 

One easy way is to make it so land animals don't follow flying animals unless they are grounded, WC kind of did that but only some animals still follow you if no other animals are distracting it like spino for instance "Oh look! a fish!". The titan usually goes the opposite direction but in most cases they just spawn inside of my base (didn't they say they fixed that?) and even then they won't damage your base if your animals don't attack it. But in my server people kite argentavis to people's base if their animals are exposed, especially if you have a quetzel out, they will fly high in the air and unclaim after 7 days if you can't find it, then its all theirs. My defense to that since WC really designs patches for PVP but applies them to PVE as well, is to only have animals outside that can defend themselves and the base. With the new pachyrhino I am planning on having dozens of them outside and put everything else inside and pacify them. People can still pipe your base, block spawns, surround you with spike walls and foundations, and so forth but just work on making a troll proof house and stay out of the chat so they will have a harder time knowing whether you are on or not. If WC lets them do all of that stuff, you should be able to do it back, if they have a good defense, do what they do.

This thread voices a concern I have had annoy me on numerous occasions!

Some jerk comes onto the official PvE I play on, even actually stating "I know how to pvp on pve" and proceeds to take advantage of every aspect of PvE they can "abuse" to frustrate, annoy, irritate, cause distress, and more... in order to "attack" other players, both mentally and in-game physically, and succeed in doing so by taking advantage of aspects of PvE that shouldn't be in PvE

Locking players in cages (which a GM did reprimand them for that) as well as turning on and off generators (and other fuel-powered player-owned objects) were some of the many PvP tactics they engaged in.

Suggestions:

- Make it so non-tribemates cannot "turn on" or "turn off" generators, campfires, forges, and other similar objects.

- Make it so a survivor's body cannot be dragged by non-tribemates. Like, 7:23:59:59 for a dragging cooldown on unconscious survivor bodies, like dinos have a cooldown. We should be able to drag them after they haven't played for quite some time, to prevent beaches littered with Bobs and Annes who may never return. Dragging shouldn't be available to non-tribemates the instant the player had logged out... I almost died this way, I was only gone for a minute and some bad guy was starting to drag me.

- Make destructive/malicious kiting a reportable offense, like it used to be. PvE'rs shouldn't have to protect themselves against kited dinos. THAT kited dino becomes PvP, not PvE, because THAT dino never would have been there (under normal AI behavior) if another player hadnt kited it. I have heard of kited dinos in an act of revenge.... but I beleive revenge is wrong, and GM's need to get involved if they want the server community to remain at peace, not allow kiting to others' bases to destroy all of their hard-earned work, you lose customers that way!

We should not have to make defenses and build stuff for the sole purpose of protecting ourselves from other players shenanigans on PvE! But I have, HAVE to, because there are badies out there who will completely disregard moral, good behavior, and official guidelines, just to get their shizz and giggles by doing something they know would piss someone else off.

I'd LOVE to have an outdoor Industrial Forge, but nope! Because of some random jerkwad who comes onto PvE official and spams power on and off until all the fuel is gone. Even if put into a locked room (which has to be made pretty big, 6 walls high on 3x3 flooring), the baddies would also take advantage of lag/glitches and glitch into a fully locked room, spamming the generator until all the fuel is gone. RIP all the things in the fridges. Nothing with fuel is safe!

This should not happen on PvE. But it is happening.

I agree. I wish it was simply on official PVE that no offline raiding and no wild Dino can effect a structure unless owned by the person or tribe grieving it and I wish that no picking up wild dinos. Then grief erst couldn't cause grief and no need for tickets to go in.

But I wish people who do want to grief just went to pvp servers and left pve alone. Pve is amazing for role playing and community and in the 100+ days we have played on xbox console pve official has been the best days played. Friends and community feel is great. If it was as simple as no wild dinos can hurt your stuff when offline and unless you personally agrowed it would solve the final piece of the puzzle. 

I do also wish that eggs were only able to be picked up by the tribe that own the Dino that lay or when ur hatching it up a mountain etc( on prim+) that another person can't just pick it up and steal it. And also that unconscious bodies cannot have inventory accessed or moved to die etc as when u disconnect ur immediate fear is loosing all ur stuff let alone if u can find it.

Very good points. In PvE you should not have to build to defend against other players.

Unfortunately I am anticipating adding a new dino to the list of "made for PvP and not adjusted for PvE" griefing dinos. The  Pegomastax. So far only the whip can steal from other PvE players, and then only when they have the item equipped in hand ready to use. This new dino reports an ability to take things from your inventory whether you have them equipped or not. It is almost like they are doing it deliberately. Works ok for PvP cause you can kill the guy and get your stuff back so it's balanced. But in PvE the griefer is protected by the PvE protections.

I know I am jumping the gun....but I am actually willing to bet money that this will happen. It is a logical progression of the current trend. 

I am happy to say I think I am wrong about the Pegomastax. I have not had a chance to test personally yet, but reports are that it is working as it should. That is to say you can use it to steal from tribe members but not player from other tribes. Still not confirmed yet.

Mind these buggers are a pain in the wild LOL :) but it seems they will not be a griefing tool. Very happy about that.....it had the potential to make things many times worse. Good job on this one WC. *thumbsup*

Over 5 tribes got completely wiped on the SE server I play on today because a couple chinese players paid our server a visit and kited golems to EVERY adobe base they could find till the players online saw what they were doing and stopped them. I only lost 2 wyverns and 1 low lvl roo. Most lost everything.

Really need WC to "take action" on this. Either agree to punish the griefers or stop the ability to grief. Make it so the golems do no damage to a base whos tribe members did not agro them.

I LOVE golems. And I have yet to find my 150 to tame. But I would rather the golems were removed till they can be fixed rather than keep them in to enable offline raiding on a PvE server. That's just my opinion and my vote. But ya this is bad and something needs to be done sooner than later.

• 3 weeks later...

There have been a lot of PvP fixes lately. How about some work making PvE servers PvE again? 

Make the pachyrhinos not work on other tribes dinos in PvE

Make the whip not able to steal items from other non tribe players on PvE.

Make the golem rock throw have the SAME EFFECT AS THE GOLEMS OTHER ATTACKS. Specifically have it do no damage to a tribes structures when agroed by a player no a member of that structures tribe. (so that kited golems will not destroy other tribes bases....no offline raiding on PvE servers.

That is not everything...but that is the bulk of it.

On 12/11/2016 at 2:14 AM, Midnight_ said:

PvE = Player versus Environment. This means that a players only threat should be the environment.

PvP = Player versus Player. This means that other players are a threat. 

Currently all official PvE servers are PvE in name only because of the following:

The main reason is that when I have submitted undeniable proof of PvP style griefing (which is acceptable in pvp servers) the GM's respond with "It's ok" (that is of course paraphrased).

Specific cases I am talking about (and there are more, I am just pointing out some of the big ones) are kiting titans on some maps to destroy dinos, and Golems in SE to completely wipe out another players base. Effectively offline raiding......which is a PvP thing. 

#1 Why is it even possible to do that? In my early days of Ark I played on a server for months and gathered many tames and stuff in my base and then decided to join a tribe. Well I did it wrong....I joined the tribe instead of merging. So I left behind a tribe with a base and dinos but no tribe members to own them. I eventually got a GM to help me and got all my stuff back. But before I found out that I could do that I tried to kite dinos to take out a wall so I could get inside because I had all my boxes pin coded. All of my outer doors were locked but not pin coded. In my efforts to get wild dinos to demo my old base I found that they would not damage the base when I agroed them there. It made sense. Because that prevents PvP style griefing on a PvE server. But in Scorched Earth Golems will destroy any base not made of metal. So they fixed pvp griefing on pve servers.....then re-enabled it with new dinos. Step forward ....step backward. I just dont get it.

#2 When you report such griefing you get this response: " ...the development team has decided that since dinos have the ability to be free roaming and being a mature rated, survival game, dinos can wandering into a base at any time, we advise players to build taller reinforced walls in order to prevent this from happening. " Golems don't wander. Golems do not destroy fully enclosed bases if they do somehow on their own wander close. The case I reported was another tribes base (friends of mine) that I fly near to find some new players on the server kiting a golem to destroy the entire base they had and kill all the dinos. With me standing next to them mounted on a wyvern watching them they shouted at me in voice and in global chat "GO AWAY". Blatant griefing they admitted to it in global chat after the fact as well. All screen shots taken and submitted. The GM will do nothing about it.

So adobe is what you build your base in on Scorched Earth servers to survive the heat. Adobe walls are destroyed with one hit from a golem. Gates a couple hits. It does not matter how high your walls are. The only way to combat such griefing is build a metal base and then an adobe base inside that so you are not just making your base a pressure cooker to suicide in. New players and lower level players are just screwed.

WC's current policy is that they do not yet have true PvE servers. They have PvP servers and then servers that protect offline raiders. (they can still raid online....but it is far more difficult to impossible with the tribe you are raiding online fighting back).

The other case of one step forward and one step right back:  The changed PvE servers so you can not grief other tribes by picking up wild dinos and dropping them in others bases to kill dinos. The change was the inability to pick up any wild dinos. Made taming more difficult but the griefing of this type ended. Well now the made new dinos with the ability to pick up wild dinos on PvE servers. So now you just use the new dinos to pick up wild dinos and another tribe-mate picks you up with a quetz and you can again drop wild dinos in other players bases to kill their dinos.

....can we get offline raid protecting for PvE servers?.....why is it that we even need that..... :/

Some smart survivors build metal fences and adobe houses....not every can put that idea together tho I suppose,......

14 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Some smart survivors build metal fences and adobe houses....not every can put that idea together tho I suppose,......

Not everyone has enough time to get that many resources and build up in a reasonable amount of time.

Not everyone is aware that the game mechanics and server settings allow griefing like this to occur.

People like you consistently blame PvE players for simply wanting PvE. How long are you going to continue to put the responsibility on us instead of on WIldcard, where it belongs? If you don't understand how PvE is meant to be then don't comment here. Clearly I need to say it again. We may be forced to employ PvP strategies to survive in PvE, but it's not supposed to be that way and we aren't meant to have to do so. If you're going to defend Wildcard abandoning a gamemode and actively making it easier to abuse it, just go away and don't bother those of us who actually believe in the spirit of PvE. We want a safe and friendly community, not fortresses.

14 minutes ago, Nim said:

Not everyone has enough time to get that many resources and build up in a reasonable amount of time.

Not everyone is aware that the game mechanics and server settings allow griefing like this to occur.

People like you consistently blame PvE players for simply wanting PvE. How long are you going to continue to put the responsibility on us instead of on WIldcard, where it belongs? If you don't understand how PvE is meant to be then don't comment here. Clearly I need to say it again. We may be forced to employ PvP strategies to survive in PvE, but it's not supposed to be that way and we aren't meant to have to do so. If you're going to defend Wildcard abandoning a gamemode and actively making it easier to abuse it, just go away and don't bother those of us who actually believe in the spirit of PvE. We want a safe and friendly community, not fortresses.

Simply wanting pve is not building a very destructible house with little to no fence wouldn't work in real life and don't work in ark there are successful survivors and not successful the less successful should take notes from stronger tribes and Learn to survive...or get wiped then complain about a broken game whatever floats your boat

You should not HAVE to build in metal. When its just you and the environment (PvE) you can build for looks. Most do not like the look of metal. Also metal in SE is an oven. I have over 100 fortitude and full ascendant desert armor. I die in a metal base in under 2 minutes. The problem is with Wild Card not the gamers. PvE IS broken. It is not actual PvE as you have to defend against players who offline raid. They only offline raid because the tools to do so were given to them. Take those tools away. 

Archived