Raising a wyvern tips + tricks

Ekoby

doesn't matter if wyv egg is lvl 5 or lvl 190, it takes 4h59min for incubation and 3d20h34min for maturation. in that respect, it's no point raising raising low lvl wyvs. so, 92h / 3.5h imprint time equals 26 imprints. 1 imprint is a bit under 4.5% so dividing that from 100% is 23 imprints. ;) 

in best case scenario you can miss 3 imprints worth of 11h rest. 

100% is not worth it IMHO

Just now, eESTlane said:

doesn't matter if wyv egg is lvl 5 or lvl 190, it takes 4h59min for incubation and 3d20h34min for maturation. in that respect, it's no point raising raising low lvl wyvs. so, 92h / 3.5h imprint time equals 26 imprints. 1 imprint is a bit under 4.5% so dividing that from 100% is 23 imprints. ;) 

in best case scenario you can miss 3 imprints worth of 11h rest. 

100% is not worth it IMHO

I would highly disagree, considering they don't have saddles, they are definitely in need of the damage reduction bonus.

1 minute ago, eESTlane said:

dude, he hasn't even mentioned if PVE, nor the egg lvls. if 150-170, no point in wasting sleep. 80% is good enough.

Im PVP, but not sure on egg levels, what is max egg level you can get?

But yeah, knowing my luck I'd imprint to 100% then get them shot down by some auto turrets I didnt know about.

Just now, eESTlane said:

dude, he hasn't even mentioned if PVE, nor the egg lvls. if 150-170, no point in wasting sleep. 80% is good enough.

lol agree to disagree, 150-170's are not bad wyverns at all, i've seen some get stat rolls that are better than 190's. Hell we hatch everything 120 up just to make sure, we have quite a few lower level ones with higher stats than a lot of the higher level wyverns. Same concept as taming a 130 ptera with 40 points in melee and a 150 with 46 points in food. I'd rather have the 130 ;)

10 minutes ago, bulldog1986 said:

lol agree to disagree, 150-170's are not bad wyverns at all, i've seen some get stat rolls that are better than 190's. Hell we hatch everything 120 up just to make sure, we have quite a few lower level ones with higher stats than a lot of the higher level wyverns. Same concept as taming a 130 ptera with 40 points in melee and a 150 with 46 points in food. I'd rather have the 130 ;)

agree to disagree :nod:

since you can't breed, no point in having 1 high stat roll. better have an overall beast.

Which is better for kiting the Wyverns to get milk? High-speed Argies or Pteranodons? I have a Pteranodon with up to 218% movement speed that I've been waiting to get onto a scorched map for a little while now. We have some low-level Argies that have had bumps in nothing but movement speed, should the Pteranodon fail. Any input on the choice of flyer is appreciated.

Either argy or ptera should work as long as they can outrun a wyvern, i recomend making some focal chili for the %25 movement speed buff for extra insurance.  I agree with bulldog the damage resistance at %100 imprint is nice since they dont have saddles but it is more work.  Raised my first wyvern last weekend and did 100% imprint, lost some sleep but nothing crazy, my milk and feeding runs only took about 10 min.

Our tribe uses pteras and wyverns to lure other wyverns to trap for milk. I personally prefer pteras but it all depends on what you're more comfortable flying. A wyvern cannot fit through the other end of the trap like the ptera so its a different manuver to get wyverns into the trap using your own wyvern. Hope this helps some!

26 minutes ago, Tatsu86 said:

Which is better for kiting the Wyverns to get milk? High-speed Argies or Pteranodons? I have a Pteranodon with up to 218% movement speed that I've been waiting to get onto a scorched map for a little while now. We have some low-level Argies that have had bumps in nothing but movement speed, should the Pteranodon fail. Any input on the choice of flyer is appreciated.

You can use this to figure out what speed you need to outrun the wyvern (plus a bit a margin):

Base Creature Speeds

I think you are shooting for 2700 speed, which is the 200% on an Argent. If my math is right, 142% speed should be about what you need in a Ptera.

I like the Argent though, as it is bound to have much more stamina and health. You want to be able to survive one hit from the wyvern's breath weapon, as that happens occasionally. I think though that you will get hit too, so you need a decent amount of armor to survive. Maybe others know more about what happens when you get hit. I haven't had it happen but a few times and always ended up dead :D The Argent is also native to SE.

yes their breath is the easiest to avoid but hits hard if it gets you.  Fire ones have short range, you can see fire on your screen in 3rd person but it wont hit you, if a fire hits and catches you even low level ones can do close to 1000 damage so keep that in mind.  The poisons if they hit you will likely kill your character before your mount.

Poison and fire are the best by far, lightning is doable with a 200% speed argy and easy with a 215% speed argy.

Some things to keep in mind, I would target under level 100, so you don't have to spam as many narc arrows, make sure not to fully outrun the dragon, they have a tendency to de-aggro and are a pain in the @#% to get back on you as they have an attention span of a toddler with ADD.

Make sure when flying through your trap you fly straight through, not off an angle or the dragon can deflect, and make sure you have 1-2 turrets near your trap, just as backup just in case.

Our trap for example, has the doors pin coded to one pin for the keypad the turret pin coded to another, so the person manning the door makes the snap decision on which to activate lol

build the trap gate AWAY from the center of the map. whey they lose aggro, they all head towards that 50/50 marker. unaggroed wyv flies faster than 220% speed argent so you better be prepared. tape/ptera/argent all the same. just be ready for a 1k hp loss when things go south. in that case, check your saddle situation. and yes, lightning has aimbot. be warned.

1 hour ago, eESTlane said:

build the trap gate AWAY from the center of the map. whey they lose aggro, they all head towards that 50/50 marker. unaggroed wyv flies faster than 220% speed argent so you better be prepared. tape/ptera/argent all the same. just be ready for a 1k hp loss when things go south. in that case, check your saddle situation. and yes, lightning has aimbot. be warned.

This.

Very good information. On my first wyvern trap (gate was facing 50/50) we kept noticing that when we went to close the gate of the trap, sometimes the wyvern would lose agro and fly out before we got the gate closed.

On my 2nd trap I made it almost perpendicular to the flee direction, but slightly angled with the closed end towards 50/50 so that they remain in the trap if they lose agro. I put the switch to close the gate perpendicular to the trap opposite 50/50. That way there is very little chance of an escaping wyvern attacking me.

If you make your trap with the closed end and also the gate control facing 50/50, you may have a wyvern lose agro and then go straight past you and agro onto you, possibly while you are trying to close the gate. Not good :)

Great thread guys very useful info seens I hatch my 185 fire tomorrow just a couple of questions if I may, how tuff are alpha wyyverns we have so many spare turrets I'm tempted to lure them on turrets and get 50 mil to raise multi wyyverns just seems easier in theory then building a pen and trapping for a couple milk.  I bread quetz regulary so in used to long imprinting but I'm just curious say if I fill it's food can you skip imprinting ( I don't intend to just curious it will live if I miss them but feed)  lastly do you need salt on the center/iland or does spark powder and a bin suffice I think every else was answered :) 

• 10 months later...

Archived