PS4 Full Servers

Rand

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I enjoy the game but I cannot play it since days. I have two characters and both my servers are always full, with numbers like 75/70

I can't believe the devs got away without a queue system for years!

Come on, its a great game but if I cannot play it I will need to ask a refund to Sony.

So, please stop a moment working on sheeps and help us play the game we paid for... here are my obvious suggestion:

1. -queue system
  2. -kick out inactive (completely still) players after 1 hour
  3. -fix that damn "unknown error" when trying to login
  4. -allow more people on servers, at least try some with 80-90 players (not only on clusters)
  5. add servers (but its not a great solution, as if there are 400 players on my server I doubt they will all move on another server...)

Thanks, it's a great game btw and its a shame if you slip on those simple stuff.

ARK.jpg

Agreed, honestly it won't matter how large the servers are there are more than enough people to fill them as they grow, and adding servers won't help as I know I won't want to leave my server with all that me and my tribe have built!

they need to take a look at elderscrolls online. The simple fix was inactive players ie not moving for X time and your were kicked and had to log back in. We all know very well that there are players who fill theirs forges with metal and afk while it cooks and this can take quite a while.

eso had it right though there log out time was to quick I could barely take my dog to our run for a pee without it logging me out and that was 10 min tops. I agree with ken on the time. 45-1hr is fair and with 70+ your more than likely to get in then. This also gives you enough time to use the bathroom make a snack. Take your dog to the bathroom without being kicked. But doesn't allow people to afk for hours on end. So far it's been 4 hours for me today without being able to get on and getting the dreaded " unknown error" which only increases the time. And that's just today!

the queue idea is also very helpful one to allow first come first serve but also so you know where you stand and don't have to mash the join button ultimately spamming the servers. Another great use of eso tactic.

To add it's a fantastic game and I love it and we all can talk about the poop we hate but there's a lot we don't understand when it comes to building and maintaining a game I just hope the Ark team is watching these threads and takes notes. I'm sure most will agree with me when I say at this point I'd rather see these issues resolved over new content and fun costumes, even more so then the dreaded water glare disco lights lol at least we could actually play our beloved game. Especially since I know most people on PS4 have been waiting patiently for quite a while :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3.1.2017 at 3:21 AM, Wblake said:

To add it's a fantastic game and I love it and we all can talk about the poop we hate but there's a lot we don't understand when it comes to building and maintaining a game I just hope the Ark team is watching these threads and takes notes. I'm sure most will agree with me when I say at this point I'd rather see these issues resolved over new content and fun costumes, even more so then the dreaded water glare disco lights lol at least we could actually play our beloved game. Especially since I know most people on PS4 have been waiting patiently for quite a while :)

Agreed completely. Love the game, but it's more important to iron out the flaws than to work on new content. I just started playing, and imo these are the most pressing issues on PS4:

1. Servers are PACKED at peak hours. Often you can't get in

2. As a new player i found it really hard to establish a base now, seeing as servers are so full and other people have built everywhere

3. Some servers have serious problems with dino spawn, and no dinos is boring

4. Poorly optimized on PS4. It's fine for the most part, but the lag/FPS drops are kinda annoying

Archived