Getting better fishing rods

Ekoby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, fewcm said:

Best I've found on the Island is a apprentice BP from a red supply drop.

My girlfriend makes trip to the island sometimes, but our main base is on scorched earth. She has brought back some pretty nice beacon drops from there, having opened lots of red/yellow beacons on scorched earth, the island seems  a bit better (maybe she just got lucky). Is your experience that Island beacons are better?

41 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck since the fishing rods were removed from the fishing loot table in acquiring any?

Which map is the best (if there is one) and what source has been the most successful for people (yellow/red beacons or deep sea loot crates etc)?

I got a mastercraft blueprint from the swamp cave in the red woods and an actual Mc rod. You get ascendant plus Mc gear from that rod. Effectiveness on the blueprint was 365 and the rod drop was 412. If you do the swamp cave you need a full set of scuba and a high level frog with a good saddle and then you can solo it

2 minutes ago, legendaryc4 said:

I got a mastercraft blueprint from the swamp cave in the red woods and an actual Mc rod. You get ascendant plus Mc gear from that rod. Effectiveness on the blueprint was 365 and the rod drop was 412. If you do the swamp cave you need a full set of scuba and a high level frog with a good saddle and then you can solo it

So jealous of you....

I'm primarily a TheIsland player so I can't speak to those maps. I'll let others chime in there.

Another estimate, I think I have found 3 fishing rod BPs so far. 2 Primitive and 1 Ramshackle, I believe all of them came from yellow drops for me. I guesstimate that I've opened probably 75-100ish yellow drops on this particular playthrough so that would be roughly  3-4% drop rate on them.

1 minute ago, Brayn said:

Gotten hard copy of a 150 effectiveness tod from a regular red drop on Center.  Gotten multiple rods of varying quality, both blueprint and hard copy, from yellow drops on theisland.  Picked up a Journey bp with 333 effectiveness just yesterday.  Yellow drop with a ring around it.

Nice!

Has anyone got any from scorched earth?

I'm really interested to know this

Only Yellow and Red beacons have a fishing rod in their loot table. I think it is also possible for a Mossa to drop one. 

Ringed-Yellow Drops produce Fishing Rods and Fish Rod Blueprints at the most reliable rate, in my experience on the Center. It is a rare drop, still, but that is your best bet.

I don't actually understand fishing though ... I mean, I do, but it doesn't make sense. I will pull up a high-level fish with my MC rod (300%+), with a greater-than-1 size, and like a 4x quality, and no blueprints. I'm pulling up substrate and black pearls and stuff, lol. Really? Then, I'll pull up a .5 with a quality of 2x, and get purple rocket launcher blueprint, yellow Argy saddle bp, etc ... 

Does anyone actually understand this algorithm?

I've never pulled up a red item with a 300% rod. 

1 minute ago, TimeSpiral said:

Only Yellow and Red beacons have a fishing rod in their loot table. I think it is also possible for a Mossa to drop one. 

Ringed-Yellow Drops produce Fishing Rods and Fish Rod Blueprints at the most reliable rate, in my experience on the Center. It is a rare drop, still, but that is your best bet.

I don't actually understand fishing though ... I mean, I do, but it doesn't make sense. I will pull up a high level fish with my MC rod (300%+), with a great-than-1 size, and like a 4x quality, and no blueprints. I'm pulling up substrate and black pearls and stuff, lol. Really? Then, I'll pull up a .5 with a quality of 2x, and get purple rocket launcher blueprint, yellow Argy saddle bp, etc ... 

Does anyone actually understand this algorithm?

I've never pulled up a red item with a 300% rod. 

Did you get these drops on the island too?

Just now, TimeSpiral said:

I don't really play much on the Island, but the beacon loot tables are the same on the Center and the Island. 

Ah ok, so you got your rods from the center?

I'm just trying to see if there is a pattern here and whether I'm wasting my time seeing if I can get one from a beacon on scorched earth

Archived