ARK Survival Evolved is truly the greatest entertainment on the planet

successxx

I got all teary eyed.  The PS4 home ARK Survival Evolved icon is gorgeous, the fullscreen wallpaper when it launches is gorgeous, the dev logos, and the title screen with the ARK theme are gorgeous.  ^-^  Listened to PS4 ARK title screen music for a while.  Overwhelmed with such profound emotions!!!!!!!!     And fast forwarding a bit, I'm impressed beyond words.  ARK SE on Ps4 looks and plays better than expected!!!!   Of course it doesn't look like the trailer, but it doesn't need to be to be beautiful, functional, and smooth enough to enjoy and want more of (it looks and runs so good, it feels optimal without needing a PS4 Pro! Of course Pro and PC can look and run waaay better, but this version already meets and surpasses the minimum standards to me)  ^-^     The ones speaking about broken this, glitchy that, were exaggerating, this performs better than some AAA finalized games I played, and had no disconnects, no freezes, nothing game breaking, it's fully functional, and the interface is perfect with PS4 controls.  Yes its not flawless, but it's in much better shape what what the nitpickers claim. (and I'm so glad nighttime is truly dark! I was skeptical that the devs might have dumbed down the realistic darkness of night, but here on PS4, it's the greatest most immersive authentic darkness of nighttime, and really enhances the values of torches and campfires!!  It's wonderful!!!! The swimming, gathering, crafting, hunting, prone, stamina, drinking, eating, aaaah there's tons of amazing and deep things that makes the whole game greater!! ) 

Ah I won't bore people with the massive amounts of things I could say about my first 7 hours playing it, ARK SE is really something that's on the personal level and everyone has their own answers what ARK Survival Evolved means to them, :)  and people can only feel the full impact of their own experiences with it.  it's really something to play, not watch or read about, only playing it can people get a full sense of the experiences.

I really thank all that made this happen and it's just the first day I played ARK and gonna play more today and the next, and really glad I was right all along that ARK Survival Evolved is my pick for game of the year, and it's well on its way becoming videogame of the generation for a lot of fans and newcomers. 

and yes, you can play single player offline! I tested it without the ethernet cable!! For those wondering, it's not an online only game.  Though of course the official servers and sharing the world with others make it greater.

31 minutes ago, successxx said:

and I'm so glad nighttime is truly dark! I was skeptical that the devs might have dumbed down the realistic darkness of night, but here on PS4, it's the greatest most immersive authentic darkness of nighttime, and really enhances the values of torches and campfires!! 

Night time is truly dark on Xbox too. Most people just turn their gamma setting all the way up to counteract this.

1 hour ago, successxx said:

I got all teary eyed.  The PS4 home ARK Survival Evolved icon is gorgeous, the fullscreen wallpaper when it launches is gorgeous, the dev logos, and the title screen with the ARK theme are gorgeous.  ^-^  Listened to PS4 ARK title screen music for a while.  Overwhelmed with such profound emotions!!!!!!!!     And fast forwarding a bit, I'm impressed beyond words.  ARK SE on Ps4 looks and plays better than expected!!!!   Of course it doesn't look like the trailer, but it doesn't need to be to be beautiful, functional, and smooth enough to enjoy and want more of (it looks and runs so good, it feels optimal without needing a PS4 Pro! Of course Pro and PC can look and run waaay better, but this version already meets and surpasses the minimum standards to me)  ^-^     The ones speaking about broken this, glitchy that, were exaggerating, this performs better than some AAA finalized games I played, and had no disconnects, no freezes, nothing game breaking, it's fully functional, and the interface is perfect with PS4 controls.  Yes its not flawless, but it's in much better shape what what the nitpickers claim. (and I'm so glad nighttime is truly dark! I was skeptical that the devs might have dumbed down the realistic darkness of night, but here on PS4, it's the greatest most immersive authentic darkness of nighttime, and really enhances the values of torches and campfires!!  It's wonderful!!!! The swimming, gathering, crafting, hunting, prone, stamina, drinking, eating, aaaah there's tons of amazing and deep things that makes the whole game greater!! ) 

Ah I won't bore people with the massive amounts of things I could say about my first 7 hours playing it, ARK SE is really something that's on the personal level and everyone has their own answers what ARK Survival Evolved means to them, :)  and people can only feel the full impact of their own experiences with it.  it's really something to play, not watch or read about, only playing it can people get a full sense of the experiences.

I really thank all that made this happen and it's just the first day I played ARK and gonna play more today and the next, and really glad I was right all along that ARK Survival Evolved is my pick for game of the year, and it's well on its way becoming videogame of the generation for a lot of fans and newcomers. 

and yes, you can play single player offline! I tested it without the ethernet cable!! For those wondering, it's not an online only game.  Though of course the official servers and sharing the world with others make it greater.

Reading things like this makes me wish I was starting out for the first time again. I remember firing up on XB launch day and just thinking WOW! Me and my buddy in our own private server just having a blast. (this was before the admin command days and before we knew about the taming/XP multipliers etc)

Stayed there for a few months and then ventured into official PVP online. We definitely weren't ready for what awaited us. Getting wiped on the daily, people talking sh*t in chat. Made me a much smarter player and not to trust anyone ever in any situation in this game.

Still playing but moved from the cancer of officials and into privates. Friendlier places with actual (semi) enforced rules and (semi) decent people.

The constant updates are just adding more and more enjoyment and I can see myself playing this game for a long time to come.

Enjoy man.

I second what @successxx has said. It totally surprised me when i first started playing. Ive read alot of negative/positive stuff but wanted to see for myself. I am amazed at how much there is todo and the depth of it. Tribe system sounds pretty amazing, trying to get members of the gaming community im in to give it a go and create a tribe. Im honestly tempted to phone my boss and pull a sicky to play this tomorrow ?.

Thanks for not following in 7 Days to Die's footsteps, they could learn alot from you guys.

Archived