Snow? Please no...

IcedAllosaur

Snow makes the "death dark night" problems with Gamma non-existent a lot of the time. I kind of like it, although, yeah, seeing Pteras fly freely in snowy terrain that would kill them in under ten minutes is weird. I'll just assume the Aliens made the ARK species immune to cold, and make humans vulnerable to it for their own amusement.

2 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Snow makes the "death dark night" problems with Gamma non-existent a lot of the time. I kind of like it, although, yeah, seeing Pteras fly freely in snowy terrain that would kill them in under ten minutes is weird. I'll just assume the Aliens made the ARK species immune to cold, and make humans vulnerable to it for their own amusement.

Honestly the snow last year wasn't that bad at all, especially in regards to the cold.  It's not extremely unlikely either in regards to immersion for their just to be one giant snowstorm.

12 hours ago, IcedAllosaur said:

Hoping that this year the Island is NOT covered in the glaring immersion breaking snow....completely negates the purpose of the biomes. Anyways, Is it confirmed for this year?

Dont you know your commands on  a pc....

Tab Bloomquality 0

Tab Lightshafts 0

every day every time you log in since they still cant seem to fix that stupid setting

12 minutes ago, Gr0knik said:

If you can get a wolf and take it into the snow/west biomes you can rake in enough pelt for this no problems. 

I use a ptera to farm pelts to make my first set of fur on the center. key is don't go high enough so that you are still in the grass areas. And go during the day. Wear hide armour, it is the next best thing to fur for keeping you warm. Works really amazing when you have two people with mate boosted pteras. Get enough pelts to make a peice or two at a time. Depending on how many people you have in your tribe you can easily get the mats in no time.

10 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

It's all a lie. It's actually mashed coconut

16 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

This is a game with dinos and you have a problem with them being able to live in the cold lol. I get it cold blooded animals but LULZ

I like when Ark changes a bit for a while. Its somewhat refreshing for the map. I do understand the gameplay challenges it may bring, so a little break during the event is advisable if it becomes too annoying. I remember doing a break on the 1st Fear Evolved halfway thru as longer nights made it harder to harvest (we were restarting on a new server).

I do appreciate the Irony of this request coming from "IcedAllosaur", I know it has been said before in this thread but this is too funny not to mention, I do respect your opinion though.

Cheers!

Archived