Jat

PS4 Patch Notes: Current Version (v504.0) & Upcoming ()

924 posts in this topic

Would love to know if there frame rate is going to be locked on the new 1080p patch for the Pro? Currently playing without detailed textures and it's looks bad, also having big drops down from what must be at best 60fps to 30fps or so, feels really bad. 

10 minutes ago, Carnaged said:

Would love to know if there frame rate is going to be locked on the new 1080p patch for the Pro? Currently playing without detailed textures and it's looks bad, also having big drops down from what must be at best 60fps to 30fps or so, feels really bad. 

Wait until the island gets built up. It will get even worse. 

Anyone of the dev actually going to reply with answer as to how come server was updated yet everyone is still stuck on 501.0. Right now unless you play on official which most people don't want to we cant host or join games  this needs looking into asap or you are going to loose players £40 for a game i can't play multiplayer in properly without crashes 

1 hour ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

Anyone of the dev actually going to reply with answer as to how come server was updated yet everyone is still stuck on 501.0. Right now unless you play on official which most people don't want to we cant host or join games  this needs looking into asap or you are going to loose players £40 for a game i can't play multiplayer in properly without crashes 

Have u only joined since buying the game on ps4? Have a look around the server lol people been playing years... Everything will get done eventually it's a case of watching and waiting.... I'm sure as ARKS current focus is on ps4 you will be sorted out pretty quickly cos xbox has gone quiet from the Devs...

3 minutes ago, Ark247uk said:

Have u only joined since buying the game on ps4? Have a look around the server lol people been playing years... Everything will get done eventually it's a case of watching and waiting.... I'm sure as ARKS current focus is on ps4 you will be sorted out pretty quickly cos xbox has gone quiet from the Devs...

no i have had this game since first released on pc and i know that things get sorted eventually but this game is broken at the moment even for those that have 2 ps4's purely to make dedicated server on the 1 but the fact is we have all the bugs that xbox had when first released and you would think that the devs would have learnt from there mistakes with the launch from xbox 

On 12/6/2016 at 0:27 PM, SiiiNFUL said:

lol welcome to ark. Did you not read anything about this game before buying? RIP

Why should we expect a poopty game launch? I know it's the norm now because sheeple will still deep throat that dev just because. Then there are people like you who will "insult" someone because he actually expected his damn game to work. What was the reason for it? So you can feel better about yourself?

FYI i've been with Ark for a year & own it on all three systems.

I'm posting this everywhere cuz I'm getting no response from the devs. Any information would b greatly appreciated.

I seem to be having the same issue as a lot of people on here. My wife and I tried in vein to start a private game last night for hours. I tried everything and no matter what I did we just couldn't play with each other unless we  separately joined an official server. If she invited me and I accepted it it would crash the game. And if I started a non  dedicated server I couldn't invite her at all (the invite button was there just wouldn't respond) is this a known issue? My wife and I are really excited to play this game together. Please help. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Mikeyman4202 said:

I'm posting this everywhere cuz I'm getting no response from the devs. Any information would b greatly appreciated.

I seem to be having the same issue as a lot of people on here. My wife and I tried in vein to start a private game last night for hours. I tried everything and no matter what I did we just couldn't play with each other unless we  separately joined an official server. If she invited me and I accepted it it would crash the game. And if I started a non  dedicated server I couldn't invite her at all (the invite button was there just wouldn't respond) is this a known issue? My wife and I are really excited to play this game together. Please help. Thank you. 

yes it is a known problem when they finally release the 501.2 patch it will hopefully be fixed but as of now all you can do is keep trying 

Thnx bud. So frustrating paying full price for game that u can't use as intended. But just like with 7 days to die, I guess I'm just gonna have to patient. Also not trying to bash the devs but at least the fun pimps respond quickly. with these devs it's like radio silence LoL 

5 minutes ago, Mikeyman4202 said:

Thnx bud. So frustrating paying full price for game that u can't use as intended. But just like with 7 days to die, I guess I'm just gonna have to patient. Also not trying to bash the devs but at least the fun pimps respond quickly. with these devs it's like radio silence LoL 

no problem mate and regarding devs i have put messages in here and on twitter and had nothing like they dont have time for ps4 players guess ill stick to pc till they get this sorted 

1 hour ago, Mikeyman4202 said:

Me and my partner both play together... I used to spend hours watching him play then bought another xbox to play with him but the tethering distance annoyed us greatly then we bought another xbox and hosted our own... we now host one normal PVP with offline protection on the island... but its too OP for us stats wise as we prefer to grind but when we lower the stats people join and leave on it... and we are on 2 official servers 1 is prim plus PVE and the other is normal PVE we are a Mr&Mrs tribe and it's either join him or become an ARK widow... he goes and tames and I maintain the base and keep dinos levelled up and fed and narcotics etc always available then we go out resource gathering mate boosted and meat run on 100% imprinted tames together to fill feeding troughs etc..  he pretty much stays awake Friday morning to Monday evening and we take turns imprinting raised dinos etc together... it's a great game for couples and gives the edge when it comes to raising and getting 100% imprinted as we treat them like real newborns and shift rotate and water the other one up when it needs doing or let them sleep and use their xbox whilst they are asleep hehe x

50 minutes ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

no problem mate and regarding devs i have put messages in here and on twitter and had nothing like they dont have time for ps4 players guess ill stick to pc till they get this sorted 

All the devs have gone very quiet on all platforms and on all social media it seems... twitter reddit etc seems to get occasional posts/tweets but lack of reply more and more recently... I think when it was PC only they were 100% able to commit to the community with responses etc then when the XBOX got added this drastic ly reduced but was updates kind of weekly with digests etc then several weeks ago even digests stopped Sotv and twitch streaming etc was all done but no replies then came the launch of PS4 now whether that's why they went quiet because they were so busy or whether they are now beginning to struggle with the sheer workload let alone keeping the loyal community happy we shall see I guess... but 3 platforms when they were struggling with 2 could now see a massive decrease on all platforms with regards to responding replying etc even support tickets don't get answered for atleast 2 weeks now and my issue was a 7 day limit there lack of response lost me lots of 200+ perfectly tamed dinos including berry tamed for hours and hours... and on official so we lost everything we even lost our base and ended up with nothing... and 7 days after the countdown timer they responded and was of no use....

I love the fact PS4 has got the game... but I don't believe it should be at the consequence of the rest of the community... probably how PC felt when us xbox users got it... I really hope they recruit like he'll or better organise roles to keep the community happy before the game dies because the community are neglected...

5 hours ago, DasAres said:

Will better resolution for Ps4 (Normal) released too?

yes it will get better over time like Xbox and pc players had waited for in game optimization. The more the devs can find the memory bleeding files and fix them. the more memory space they can added to the graphics to give you better graphic capabilities. This is their first playable launch on ps4 the soft ware and hardware is different compared to the other platforms that are currently being used. It is going to take them time to figure out were the big bugs are first. Then move to optimization and rendering distance.

1 hour ago, Mikeyman4202 said:

Welcome to ark and wild card customer service.  

6 hours ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

yes i'm sure you have to have a separate programme to start dedicated on same PC but it does work and the update doesn't seem to be released properly because i'm having same issue stuck on v501.0 when servers are on v501.2 click check for update and nothing same thing happened when Skyrim was released the update didn't go out to all regions 

You are on the current "client" version which is v501.0.  The current "server" version is v501.2.  You will at some point get the server changes as well in v502.0, most of which don't impact end user client games and are server only fixes.  So they don't update the client version until the next regular client update and roll up server changes to the client build at that time.

Works in the same way for Xbox, but PC is different and they get those updates most times all the time.  This is mainly because getting a certification run from Microsoft or Sony takes more time and effort to do than a Steam update.  At least to my knowlege as I don't know how Steam works as well.

I know this is confusing to most folks who might not understand or know how Client/Server applications work and why there are different version numbers, heck I was confused at first as well.

All that said, you are on the latest released version for your PS4 at home that you can get.  Looks like tomorrow you are supposed to get the new v502.0 release.

Hope this helps.

48 minutes ago, mleii said:

You are on the current "client" version which is v501.0.  The current "server" version is v501.2.  You will at some point get the server changes as well in v502.0, most of which don't impact end user client games and are server only fixes.  So they don't update the client version until the next regular client update and roll up server changes to the client build at that time.

Works in the same way for Xbox, but PC is different and they get those updates most times all the time.  This is mainly because getting a certification run from Microsoft or Sony takes more time and effort to do than a Steam update.  At least to my knowlege as I don't know how Steam works as well.

I know this is confusing to most folks who might not understand or know how Client/Server applications work and why there are different version numbers, heck I was confused at first as well.

All that said, you are on the latest released version for your PS4 at home that you can get.  Looks like tomorrow you are supposed to get the new v502.0 release.

Hope this helps.

that sort of helps but the problem is still the same servers are broken and you end up having to play on the games official servers or on your own this game need a big fix and quick if they want to keep ps4 players interested but i understand what you are saying just wish the devs had actually made sure every aspect was stable before releasing 

4 minutes ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

that sort of helps but the problem is still the same servers are broken and you end up having to play on the games official servers or on your own this game need a big fix and quick if they want to keep ps4 players interested but i understand what you are saying just wish the devs had actually made sure every aspect was stable before releasing 

Agreed for sure on that part.  Your fellow Ark Survivor here from Xbox wants the same thing.

Was more an explanation for why the version numbers were different.

Edited by mleii

10 hours ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

Enjoy the game for what it is untill the next update..  some games aren't just about the multiplayer and it will come. PS4 havnt even had it a week and xbox community have waited for issues for long time... in fact very recently an event led to lots of people loosing everything they had been building for months and they waited weeks and lost everything so in comparison I would expect the devs to be slow at responding that way you won't be as disappointed as the rest of the ARK console community.

My point is use the game to the best capability for now especially for people new to ARK I appreciate people who have already played on PC and XBOX are no doubt frustrated and wanna run straight into online but if you have on other platforms you will know what the devs and updates are like.... many months PS4 users wanted the game so it was no doubt rushed when Sony agreed but be patient like the rest of us.

I can assure you xbox users have had bigger issues and waited a long long time and alot of the community have left since the game came out because of the devs and updates etc. For those that are patient we will get an even better game play at somepoint and I have to keep reminding myself that it is EA and trust me I bought 2 more xbox ones and 2 copies of the game and 2x Scorched earth dlc because I love the game so much and I'm trying to hang on for stuff to be fixed waiting months....

On 12/8/2016 at 4:48 AM, SiiiNFUL said:

Lol playerbase on ps4 is nowhere near as big. live has had more players online then ps4 since launch.

As a fellow Xbox player, I am disappointed with this short-sighted comment... The PS4 isn't my favorite console (due in no small part to Sony's attitude in regards to timed-exclusive content), but I gladly welcome this new community to Ark. They deserve this just as much as you and I. This game is awesome and the developers work tirelessly to see to our requests and ensure the continued stability of this game. 

The PS4 just recieved this game and here you are insulting them and the developer's hard work in bringing this game to a wider audiance. In my humble opinion, a game released on multiple platforms further strengthens the comunity that follows it.