Jat

PS4 Patch Notes: Current Version (v504.0) & Upcoming ()

885 posts in this topic

Current Version: v504

• All PC equivalent content up & functionality through v254.93 including:
    • New Mechanic: Hairstyles & Facial Hair (with real-time growing), Hair Dye-ing, & Haircutting + Scissors. 
    • Tek Tier Phase 1: Tek Engram system, Element Resource system, Tek Replicator, Tek Rifle, Tek Helmet, Tek Visor, Tek Jetpack, Tek Boots, Tek Gloves, Tek Rex Saddle, Tek Transmitter, and more.
    • New Dino: Ovis Aries!
    • New Dino: Basilosaurus!
    • New Dino: Baryonyx!
    • New Dino: Purlovia!
    • New Item: Lance (for jousting of course!), and you can now also use a Shield when Weapon-Riding (provided you are using an appropriate Weapon).
  • TheCenter Mega Update
  • Third person mode, accessed by holding down the Map button and then selecting third person.
  • Additional Server Host and Single Player Settings (Deleting Save & Maximum Difficulty)
  • Major Distance Field Shadow Memory Improvements
  • Valentines Holiday Event, details here:

Version: v503.0

• Added Procedurally Generated Maps mode!
  • Switched to new memory allocator for much more efficient memory usage (resolves any OOM crashes) and better performance
  • New Dino: Cnidaria!
  • New Dino: Troodon!
  • New Dino: Tusoteuthis!
  • New Dino: Pegomastax!
  • New Dino: Therizinosaurus!
  • 2 New Full-Scale Underwater Caves (progression-oriented with Artifacts!)
  • * All PC equivalent content up & functionality through v253.x

Version: v502.7
* Reduced cases where Invites fail
* Reduced dedicated server stalling

Version: v502.2
- Holiday Content hooks
- Vsync On/Off/Adaptive Options for increased framerate (set it to "Off" or "Adaptive" for higher framerate!)
- Memory savings of over 300MB! Consequent stability improvements.
- Fixed memory leak with viewing Explorer Notes.
- Performance increase of approximately 7% due to use of new PhysX libraries
- Various invite & crash fixes
- Content up thru PC v252.0 (PGM's will be coming in the next patch in early January)

v501.2
- "Detailed Graphics" Option now runs 1080p native on PS4 Pro
- Fixed Fonts not appearing properly if running PlayStation with languages other than English, French, Italian, or German (until this patch is released, if your game is not displaying Fonts correctly, please change your system langauge to one of those)
- Europe: Primitive+ added
- Option to disable Outgoing Voice Chat (for Streamers etc)
- Fixed Invites
- Fixed N/A Ping times sorting incorrectly
- Fixed Ping times to player-hosted servers
- Fixed Cross-Ark List to display only the servers you can actually transfer to
- Fixed a case where you could get stuck in trees / foliage
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes and improved API-related use cases

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v501.0

5 minutes ago, enjoythekilling said:

When will we be able to host a PS4 server without a second console? Like hosting a server on PC?

seeing as PS4 Ark is mostly the same as Xbone probably not but i heard that hosting a sever on PC for Console ark is in the works.

So I will be able to play my today purchased Game on December 9th eventually? Because i get the Information that i have 'Lost/timedout connection to host.', but my Internet works fine.

17 minutes ago, RyderrexTheOriginal said:

So I will be able to play my today purchased Game on December 9th eventually? Because i get the Information that i have 'Lost/timedout connection to host.', but my Internet works fine.

lol welcome to ark. Did you not read anything about this game before buying? RIP

1 minute ago, SiiiNFUL said:

lol welcome to ark. Did you not read anything about this game before buying? RIP

I have ARK on PC, too. I have seen the PS4 Pro video of ARK but I think the playbase on PS4 is a little bit bigger than on Xbox One, no Xbox One hate! So it is acceptable if it is getting fixed immediately. Restarting the Game helped for now, thanks to Jen @bubblywums on Twitter.

59 minutes ago, RyderrexTheOriginal said:

I have ARK on PC, too. I have seen the PS4 Pro video of ARK but I think the playbase on PS4 is a little bit bigger than on Xbox One, no Xbox One hate! So it is acceptable if it is getting fixed immediately. Restarting the Game helped for now, thanks to Jen @bubblywums on Twitter.

Yeah It makes sense to fix PS4 problems straight away over the million+ Xbox One players that have been playing the game for almost a year.

3 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Yeah It makes sense to fix PS4 problems straight away over the million+ Xbox One players that have been playing the game for almost a year.

patches were coming out pretty quick when the xbox version  was first released as well

once the game is "playable" (whatever definition wildcard has set out for themselves) the updates will start to fall in line with each other

4 hours ago, Shin said:

Any news on the water graphic glitch? Or will it not be fixed with this patch?

If you talk about it (see screenshot), in PS4 menu, go to (Settings)> [Sound and Screen]> [Video Output Settings]. and set the RGB range to the full

ARK_ Survival Evolved_20161207024109.jpg

Edited by daladin

5 hours ago, Shin said:

Any news on the water graphic glitch? Or will it not be fixed with this patch?

That flashing blue/purple colour you get on the screen...

if you go into the water, open your inventory, and then close it...that is how you fix it on Xbox.

See if it works for you. Hope it helps:)

10 hours ago, perk8504 said:

patches were coming out pretty quick when the xbox version  was first released as well

once the game is "playable" (whatever definition wildcard has set out for themselves) the updates will start to fall in line with each other

That's not what the issue is here. The guy I quoted thinks the PS4 should take priority over Xbox when both consoles should be in line with eachother. Why should Xbox players have to suffer whilst PS4 players get immediate fixes of the same bug with a click of their fingers?

Got to say I'm disappointed so far with this release, I also have the game on Xbox one and PC,

I thought it was going to run nice on the PS4 pro but the unlocked frame rate really destroys the game, without detailed graphics option enabled the game looks ok and runs at a decent framerate until you go into dense foliage then it drops down to a jarring 30fps. In detailed mode it runs higher than 30fps when looking out to sea but when looking inland drops to 30fps or worse and is super jarring. 

Detailed should be set to 30fps locked compared to between 10-60fps

Surely this was annoying to people testing the ps4 version? 

What framerate does the upcoming 1080p mode offer and is it going to be stable?

2 hours ago, Carnaged said:

Got to say I'm disappointed so far with this release, I also have the game on Xbox one and PC,

I thought it was going to run nice on the PS4 pro but the unlocked frame rate really destroys the game, without detailed graphics option enabled the game looks ok and runs at a decent framerate until you go into dense foliage then it drops down to a jarring 30fps. In detailed mode it runs higher than 30fps when looking out to sea but when looking inland drops to 30fps or worse and is super jarring. 

Detailed should be set to 30fps locked compared to between 10-60fps

Surely this was annoying to people testing the ps4 version? 

What framerate does the upcoming 1080p mode offer and is it going to be stable?

Play on PC if you can't handle the graphics and frame rate. The have had performance updates all the time, it will just take a while to get out perfect. I can't believe you're complaining about 30fps, try playing on Xbox one

5 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

That's not what the issue is here. The guy I quoted thinks the PS4 should take priority over Xbox when both consoles should be in line with eachother. Why should Xbox players have to suffer whilst PS4 players get immediate fixes of the same bug with a click of their fingers?

what bugs are they getting fixed that we aren't?

on an initial release, yes, they will get priority until wildcard deems it "playable"

just like I said

they've got some of the same issues xbox did on release...they're still getting caught up

you're acting like they're getting pushed way ahead of xbox

1 hour ago, Illraiseu10dank said:

Play on PC if you can't handle the graphics and frame rate. The have had performance updates all the time, it will just take a while to get out perfect. I can't believe you're complaining about 30fps, try playing on Xbox one

If you read my post you will see I have it on all platforms. Also I'm not complaining about 30fps, again if you read my post I ask for it to be locked to 30fps instead of unlocked. 

I prefer how it runs on Xbox one compared to ps4 currently. As for PC,i get the worst performance there as my PC is getting on a bit now. 

1 hour ago, perk8504 said:

what bugs are they getting fixed that we aren't?

on an initial release, yes, they will get priority until wildcard deems it "playable"

just like I said

they've got some of the same issues xbox did on release...they're still getting caught up

you're acting like they're getting pushed way ahead of xbox

Again read my initial reponse to the guy I quoted who deems Xbox One inferior to PS4.