Jat

PS4 Patch Notes: Current Version (v503.0) & Upcoming (v504, ETA: February 14)

630 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, bertrob2 said:

that is the thing when it comes to bugs In a program. Even though you fix one thing another thing would be affected by the patch and dang new problems..lol it will take time to iron out the wrinkles.

Speating true words here. It takes time to iron out bugs. Fix for one thing can have unforseen affects on other things. As the alpha/beta testers we all are the best we can do is to continually report problems and explain problems as best as we can. If someone else has the same problem as you still report it more info is better. What I don't understand is people who have bought the game expecting it to work 100% of the time all the time. We are testers, we are here to report problems and if you are of the lucky few who don't have as many problems as others then more power to yah. I personally only crashed a few times but I always send a report and explain what I was doing at said time of crash.

3 hours ago, Bambamboom said:

Question regarding this PS4 version of the game. Does PS4 have modded servers or servers with scaled xp gain and scaled resource drops like PC? And if not will the Jan 16th patch be introducing this feature?

Official servers are all on the same settings except for extinction servers that have 1,5x XP gains, taming and harvesting (though they reset each month around the 15th I think). 

There are player dedicated servers that have greatly alternated setting, but they are run by people with a second Playstation (or Xbox). And have most of the time restricted access by their owner. 

True modded servers are only on PC. I assume you meant something like Annunaki, Extinction Core, Better Stacks, Super Spyglass and so on. But these are also private servers with people paying for a company to host their server. 

Here is hoping that at least we get the opportunity to have an external company host servers for PS and Xbox sooner than later. I don't mind paying a fee of 10$ or 20$ a month. Saves a lot of hassle and is way cheaper than to have a second device running 24/7 at your house. 

Edited by maze

Will there be any news soon on us been able to purchase our own servers for ps4, myself and a group of friends (and I’m sure other people) prefer to play on our own server because of raiders and people that want to ruin your game in public servers but this Tether is a pain as it stops you from exploring on your own, yes we know you can setup your own dedicated server but only if you have a spare ps4 but not everyone has that ability

Can anyone shed on light on this at all?

1 hour ago, DeadVolt said:

Will there be any news soon on us been able to purchase our own servers for ps4, myself and a group of friends (and I’m sure other people) prefer to play on our own server because of raiders and people that want to ruin your game in public servers but this Tether is a pain as it stops you from exploring on your own, yes we know you can setup your own dedicated server but only if you have a spare ps4 but not everyone has that ability

They have said they hope it will be happening soon (at least for Xbox, so I'll assume it will be the same for you guys)

6 hours ago, maze said:

Official servers are all on the same settings except for extinction servers that have 1,5x XP gains, taming and harvesting (though they reset each month around the 15th I think). 

There are player dedicated servers that have greatly alternated setting, but they are run by people with a second Playstation (or Xbox). And have most of the time restricted access by their owner. 

True modded servers are only on PC. I assume you meant something like Annunaki, Extinction Core, Better Stacks, Super Spyglass and so on. But these are also private servers with people paying for a company to host their server. 

Here is hoping that at least we get the opportunity to have an external company host servers for PS and Xbox sooner than later. I don't mind paying a fee of 10$ or 20$ a month. Saves a lot of hassle and is way cheaper than to have a second device running 24/7 at your house. 

Servers aren't that cheap, but I completely agree with you.

20 hours ago, hammy4294 said:

so true but still they should try to work on the host barrier

i mean we paid for abeta at least get rid of it

there is a reason for the host barrier. Currently right now the version of ark is not fully optimized on the PlayStation eco system just yet. By allowing the the host to host and play at the same time puts a strain on both CPU and gpu. Not only that. Maintaining constant movement, killed, and attacking of the NPC(dinos). Which each environment map has over 30 thousand. By removing the barrier at this point with out optimization on the eco system equals crashing while loading every time. Because the ps4 and Xbox can not handle the full potential of this game which everything has to be scaled down so console players can play on the consoles. Sorry the barrier is going to stay for now so they do not create more salty players.

2 hours ago, DeadVolt said:

all the devs are currently working on this but the main objective is to get it working properly first.

2 hours ago, DeadVolt said:

all the devs are currently working on this but the main objective is to get it working properly first.

10 hours ago, Bambamboom said:

Question regarding this PS4 version of the game. Does PS4 have modded servers or servers with scaled xp gain and scaled resource drops like PC? And if not will the Jan 16th patch be introducing this feature?

player dedicated servers can change everything. Only thing is the pc mods unofficial mods can not be installed at this time. The devs would like for it to be a thing in the future.

So much bitching. Jeeze lol. You would think people think they are playing the final version. I myself have only had on DC. I have yet to lose anything, which is good. As far as I can tell or care, it is running fine at this time. Little laggy and that one DC. However, what do you expect when a game is being continuously built on and adjusted. The only thing I will say is, why the hell are you adding all this new stuff before getting it to run well first?

Through all of this I have only be DC one time. Let me back in the service right away though. The blue screen still and has always happened by water. But I just turn or walk away and it goes away normally. (unless submerged in water). So far, I enjoy this game and have not had any crazy problems. Me and my brother live in the same home and we had trouble playing together the first 3 days. Now we have no problems. Sometimes random lag, but expect that with an online game. 

I am not saying this game is the best or works 100% great. However, it is still being finished. Give them time before giving up. This is not No Mans sky. lol

Any ETA on when the platform saddle / Rafts bug will be fixed on co-op mode?

Every time I play in split screen, we cannot use platform saddles or rafts, it causes the game to freeze forever until you close it. Happens even when the non host player gets on it.

8 hours ago, HybridSteel said:

Is there going to be a patch that fixes the screen tears when the lightning storms hit... most of the time from bolts of lightning we get black lines across the screen surrounded by the flash of white. does ur eyes in

I've seen a suggestion to turn off motion blur, and turn on Detailed Graphics.

I did it, and it worked for me; no more black boxes. Didn't even affect my performance too badly (playing on a normal PS4, not a PS4 Pro).

26 minutes ago, Codofwisdom said:

I've seen a suggestion to turn off motion blur, and turn on Detailed Graphics.

I did it, and it worked for me; no more black boxes. Didn't even affect my performance too badly (playing on a normal PS4, not a PS4 Pro).

That is what I was recommended for he blue screen by the water also. It did help somewhat. Blue screen seems to be more prominent after the previous update though. I just try to avoid the water.

Out of interest, has the developer said anything about adding the ability to apply warpaint to dinos?

I tried looking up "warpaint" in this thread, but didn't see anything.

I'd like to be able to paint my dinos directly, even if it is by using a fill effect for a specific section.

On 1/11/2017 at 0:38 PM, Isotroproprilik said:

Any ETA on when the platform saddle / Rafts bug will be fixed on co-op mode?

Every time I play in split screen, we cannot use platform saddles or rafts, it causes the game to freeze forever until you close it. Happens even when the non host player gets on it.

bump a gump

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, Trippthisway said:

Is there any way you can make it so that players on a non dedicated server can travel further apart from each other?

no not until they optimize the game better for your eco system.

1 hour ago, Codofwisdom said:

Out of interest, has the developer said anything about adding the ability to apply warpaint to dinos?

I tried looking up "warpaint" in this thread, but didn't see anything.

I'd like to be able to paint my dinos directly, even if it is by using a fill effect for a specific section.

war paint is not a thing right now. Pc is the only one that can do it. If you didn't see it on this tread more then likely it isn't a thing.