Jat

PS4 Patch Notes: Current Version (v502.7) & Upcoming (v503.0, ETA: January 17)

539 posts in this topic

Looks like the servers are upgrading to 501.2, and it kicked everyone off but there was no server broadcast message like there is on Xbox.  I think this is something that needs fixing as it caused a lot of issues on Xbox.

Hey, Not sure if the dev's watch the forums but I would like to see the inventory screen bigger in split screen and optimizing the game for dual play would also be nice. Tried using the Dual play but the bleed through is pretty bad. Also noticed the 2nd player has issues with the sky turning orange not sure if this is a known bug.

Great game though looking forward to putting in a lot of time :-)

On 12/6/2016 at 0:32 PM, RyderrexTheOriginal said:

I have ARK on PC, too. I have seen the PS4 Pro video of ARK but I think the playbase on PS4 is a little bit bigger than on Xbox One, no Xbox One hate! So it is acceptable if it is getting fixed immediately. Restarting the Game helped for now, thanks to Jen @bubblywums on Twitter.

Lol playerbase on ps4 is nowhere near as big. live has had more players online then ps4 since launch.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:59 AM, enjoythekilling said:

When will we be able to host a PS4 server without a second console? Like hosting a server on PC?

you will need the second console to host it as a dedicated server. Also you can host a non dedicated server as a small multiplayer with you and your friends but for them you will need to be online for them to play. PC players need a second pc to host a dedicated server.

2 hours ago, Youngakakilo said:

Need to fix water graphic glitch on ps4

happening when I look at the water it glitches green red and blue and does some other stuff too 

if you are talking about at the bottom of the screen? If so it happens to everyone Xbox, and pc as well

7 hours ago, Shunter77 said:

Hey, Not sure if the dev's watch the forums but I would like to see the inventory screen bigger in split screen and optimizing the game for dual play would also be nice. Tried using the Dual play but the bleed through is pretty bad. Also noticed the 2nd player has issues with the sky turning orange not sure if this is a known bug.

Great game though looking forward to putting in a lot of time :-)

in some cases it depends on were you are in the map. The game environment changes with each biome.

9 minutes ago, bertrob2 said:

you will need the second console to host it as a dedicated server. Also you can host a non dedicated server as a small multiplayer with you and your friends but for them you will need to be online for them to play. PC players need a second pc to host a dedicated server.

PC players don't need a second PC to host dedicated servers i ran a dedicated server from same pc i play on for 6 months before i decided to rent one 

4 minutes ago, bertrob2 said:

its called called check for updates

check for updates isn't giving the update i have been trying every since the patch was released last night 

7 minutes ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

PC players don't need a second PC to host dedicated servers i ran a dedicated server from same pc i play on for 6 months before i decided to rent one 

check for updates isn't giving the update i have been trying every since the patch was released last night 

are you sure? because i have a pc to but it goes to a different screen every time i run the host dedicated server. Also i am telling you to check for update on the ps4. You might have your settings to not update games on your console when your ps4 is not turned on.

1 minute ago, bertrob2 said:

are you sure? because i have a pc to but it goes to a different screen every time i run the host dedicated server. Also i am telling you to check for update on the ps4. You might have your settings to not update games on your console when your ps4 is not turned on.

yes i'm sure you have to have a separate programme to start dedicated on same PC but it does work and the update doesn't seem to be released properly because i'm having same issue stuck on v501.0 when servers are on v501.2 click check for update and nothing same thing happened when Skyrim was released the update didn't go out to all regions 

3 minutes ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

yes i'm sure you have to have a separate programme to start dedicated on same PC but it does work and the update doesn't seem to be released properly because i'm having same issue stuck on v501.0 when servers are on v501.2 click check for update and nothing same thing happened when Skyrim was released the update didn't go out to all regions 

I know from the Xbox version they had issues with getting out updates to the console. Sometimes the update happens past the date they wanted it to come out. Alot of times it is stuck in QA and sometimes they forget to send the update out before the launch date. Sorry it is happening to ps4 as well.

1 minute ago, bertrob2 said:

I know from the Xbox version they had issues with getting out updates to the console. Sometimes the update happens past the date they wanted it to come out. Alot of times it is stuck in QA and sometimes they forget to send the update out before the launch date. Sorry it is happening to ps4 as well.

Not your fault mate just wish the devs would monitor the forums so they could see the issue and get it sorted it is very boring playing non dedicated i want to be able to host a server on my second ps4 

6 minutes ago, ByakuyaPhil said:

Not your fault mate just wish the devs would monitor the forums so they could see the issue and get it sorted it is very boring playing non dedicated i want to be able to host a server on my second ps4 

trust me I know how you feel I have been dying to get my 16- core, 128 gb ram, with the SSD to host ark for Xbox consoles and run some mods. It is a single cpu home server

Edited by bertrob2
added a sentence.

I play on xbox. My biggest issue with this game is frame rate & resolution. I'm really curious to see what your guys impressions of the new PS4 pro 1080p update is tomorrow. If its as good as I hope I will probably treat myself to a new console this Christmas. Love this game! 

Edited by Coopdog72