1.4 update

Grimm

Hey everyone,

since we haven't heard much from either @complexminded or @Itsr2ghgaming, I shot gaming a message on twitter asking for a update on 1.4, and how they've been quiet on these forums.  

I received a reply back stating "we are going to begin testing today or later this week".   I know with the holidays, I'm sure there has been family stuff going on for them, along with I'm sure they are busy working on 1.4.   I just figured I would provide what little bit of info I was able to get.  Hopefully 1.4 will be here soon.   

Happy Holidays everyone, and safe ark travels.

2 hours ago, Praio77 said:

Thx for info.

Latest thing i heard was prim plus will come out on ps4 now. think this is the reason nothing happens on pc and xbox.

Yeah, I've been thinking along those lines myself.   I wish they would actually plan things out a bit better.   Give ced a week of support to get the PC version up to speed, then the Xbox, and then that way when the PS4 did hit, he could focus some time into doing that.  

So,

I did indeed see a twitter post by Jat stating that a fix for the PS4 which I did see Primitive+ in it leads me to believe to the above post that they are indeed focusing on the PS4.   I will only say this @complexminded @Itsr2ghgaming I'm not a game developer, and I will support you as that is the job complex and the rest do.   But to me, I think if PC was the primary focus for Primitive+, then that should have been finished before moving onto the other consoles.   I do have common sense though, and that dictates that I'm sure if the PC version was bug free with what current content you have now.  Then move on to Xbox, bug free that, then onto PS4.  That I'm sure would make your life so much easier to add future content and ideas.   Hell even allowing you to finally balance and adjust things as you need.   

On 12/6/2016 at 8:57 PM, Grimm said:

So,

I did indeed see a twitter post by Jat stating that a fix for the PS4 which I did see Primitive+ in it leads me to believe to the above post that they are indeed focusing on the PS4.   I will only say this @complexminded @Itsr2ghgaming I'm not a game developer, and I will support you as that is the job complex and the rest do.   But to me, I think if PC was the primary focus for Primitive+, then that should have been finished before moving onto the other consoles.   I do have common sense though, and that dictates that I'm sure if the PC version was bug free with what current content you have now.  Then move on to Xbox, bug free that, then onto PS4.  That I'm sure would make your life so much easier to add future content and ideas.   Hell even allowing you to finally balance and adjust things as you need.   

It's not really up to them, it's up to the people who are in charge of making money, and they don't give a single scrap about anyone not bringing in additional revenue whereas PS4 is a whole new revenue option, so you can understand that PC'er have been set on the back burner. It's just the way things work.

Thanks I hope it's not too little too late... not even a forum post or answers or a thread in weeks is NOT the way to keep a community as loyal as prim+ players are... with it being bugged since day 1 with issues and not alot new to even give excitement just having everything there actually working properly would be an actual achievement and help the community..  then by all means move on to updates and upgrades and new additions but fix the pc version and xbox version first. In my opinion this should have been priority over adding it to ps4... ps 4 players have only just got the game the whole game is gonna be bugged so why create another game play when the actual game isn't stable yet? 

You really are at risk of loosing prim+ players for good they are leaving servers since joining from day 1 because of lack of response. I'm a very patient person and I am loyal and understanding.  But taking 30 seconds once a week for a hi how's it going any issues uwant me to look at thread isn't gonna hurt... an hour a day scanning the prim plus section on the forum replying etc will give u an edge over the rest of ARK don't let the players down as I dear it's too little too late our server has already gone from 40+ players at peak times to under 20 and all of them are virtually new..  there isn't many players playing prim+ that have done since its release... I started within the first month ish but now I'm virtually the longest on there and the whole community spirit has gone with vultures taking claimable dinos from alpha tribes after 7 days and beautiful bases destroyed the community spirit has gone to greed recently with the new "trolls" joining and just concentrating on count downs to claimable.. so incredibly sad :-(

Yeah, sad to say I might be having to shut down my server as no one plays anymore.   I took a brief break due to work reasons, and am coming back here next week when I can, but most of my 10 players or so have actually quit the game all together due to lack of the patches.  Which is sad.    If my server does shut down, I myself might just take a break until the game is officially finished, if it gets finished.   Lol.

11 hours ago, Grimm said:

Yeah, sad to say I might be having to shut down my server as no one plays anymore.   I took a brief break due to work reasons, and am coming back here next week when I can, but most of my 10 players or so have actually quit the game all together due to lack of the patches.  Which is sad.    If my server does shut down, I myself might just take a break until the game is officially finished, if it gets finished.   Lol.

Same we run a server but lost everyone on prim+ so now back to normal then everyone didn't stay as wasn't boosted enough (I prefer official with a permanent x2) so then boosted it and don't even play it ourselves just wasting electricity for others and then we play 2 official servers 1 prim+ 1 normal both PVE... if prim+ was fixed and everything worked that was available and snap points etc done and if they got updates such as events we could go back to hosting our own and spending electric on ourselves lol

Well, since we have yet to hear anything in regards to how things are going in Prim+.  I've lost a majority of my players, I hate to say it but I'm going to be walking away from Prim+.  I'm going to be converting my server back to the Island map, and hopefully gain some of my player base back with some mods.  I wish everyone luck who sticks around, and I'm sure the day that Prim+ is completed and less buggy, I will return to it.   

Be safe out there fellow ark survivors.  And also Happy Holidays to you and your families!!

Hey guys! Yes sorry for the absence been alot going  on for me and Cedric.. Ced has been doing alot of Mod Liason work lately and also just had an unfortunate death in the family and left town to go back home to his family for some time. He posted an update on twitter and so did i but ill let you guys know here too aswell sorry. Patch 1.4 and 1.5 will be combined and will come late December! :) 

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 10:22 PM, Shadowmistress said:

Hi can does any body know what is in update - 1.4 and 1.5?  Cross ark transfers from prim plus to normal server's ? Pve  mind ? are artefacts and boss arenas available?  Thanks in advance ?  need to know if to hold on to what I've done on prim plus, or turn around and leave prim plus ??

No idea but I doubt cross ark servers will ever switch game modes ie from prim+ ton non prim+ why do u want to leave prim+ may I ask? For me i nearly left because of issues and then lack of events then lack of response and we did start a non prim+ PVE server that we join once a week to render in when no events are on we play prim+ (and like now whilst prim+ is down) when events are on we join our prim+ to render in and feed dinos with both not being pvp it makes it manageable and no risks except if u forget to feed and fender in dinos. 

If prim+ had events I would stick with prim+ but if there's enough support it will become part of the main game and we will get events then :-)

On 12/20/2016 at 6:02 PM, Ark247uk said:

No idea but I doubt cross ark servers will ever switch game modes ie from prim+ ton non prim+ why do u want to leave prim+ may I ask? For me i nearly left because of issues and then lack of events then lack of response and we did start a non prim+ PVE server that we join once a week to render in when no events are on we play prim+ (and like now whilst prim+ is down) when events are on we join our prim+ to render in and feed dinos with both not being pvp it makes it manageable and no risks except if u forget to feed and fender in dinos. 

If prim+ had events I would stick with prim+ but if there's enough support it will become part of the main game and we will get events then :-)

I left prim plus now I gave my whole camp and dinos to another tribe.  The reasons I left was it was becoming a tame and grind game boring.  caves were pointless as no artefacts, no artefacts means no boss arenas, no boss arenas meant no achievements.  Another reason was the lack of content or part content as small things like beer was wheat beer so u were unable to tame chalicos as an example a lot of engrams were not mapped correctly to portray the item you required.  Saddles missing etc and the all important cross ark transfer, now I suggested that you could take out of prim plus but not bring into prim plus like they did at the beginning of scorched earth.  This was also for items that were only found on that game mode.  For example the cauldron you could not take that over to normal game but you could take over all dinos and things also found on other servers. But alas is was mot meant to be.  Events are an important feature for collectables and skins it was sad to see that prim did not have the Halloween event.  I went over to normal server and started building my base there, although I was not able to fully appreciate the event as I just started it was enjoyable collecting skins etc.  I am ready for winter wonder land although it's not going to be the full content but I'm happy getting the event at least it something better than nothing ?  I had a massive camp on prim however I have an even bigger camp on my new server and an hour gathering food or spark powder was an hour taken away from playing my main camp that has access tall the features.  To be honest I don't see why the engrams of prim plus can't be included in normal games of pve. It would make building and designing even more fun.  Any ways long winded response.  Hahahaha. Hope you all have a great Christmas and a prosperous new year x ?

Archived