Welcome to the ARK, PS4 Survivors!

Jatheish

7 hours ago, jezzab said:

I cant join a friends server (non dedicated)

i type the name of their server in and nothing shows up other then 1 time and the ping was 9999 and wouldn't join which I find hard to belive since we live around the corner from one another and are able to play every other game together.

Yeah same here cant add my friend to my game. Hugh disappointment 

Does this mean that Xbox gets exclusive stuff? I mean, we've been here longer and we still lack many of PC's content (mostly because we have to wait for a week or so) but PS4 gets exclusive stuff as a means of enticing people to buy the game. Not that the Cyber Rex skin or Manticore armor is very interesting. I just don't like how developers play favorites with the content they hand out to each platform. Like the Jade Rabbit for Destiny.  Are both of those items boss related items? Defeating the Manticore, and killing a Death Worm? And you just hand it over to any PS4 player who buys the bundle?

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

Does this mean that Xbox gets exclusive stuff? I mean, we've been here longer and we still lack many of PC's content (mostly because we have to wait for a week or so) but PS4 gets exclusive stuff as a means of enticing people to buy the game. Not that the Cyber Rex skin or Manticore armor is very interesting. I just don't like how developers play favorites with the content they hand out to each platform. Like the Jade Rabbit for Destiny.  Are both of those items boss related items? Defeating the Manticore, and killing a Death Worm? And you just hand it over to any PS4 player who buys the bundle?

Xbox got the Bionic Rex skin as an exclusive.

14 hours ago, Jat said:

The Survivor’s Pack adds extra PS4 content including a Bionic Giganotosaurus skin plus an entire Manticore armour set for male and female characters. 

And the Bionic Rex skin is equal to the Bionic Giga Skin + the entire Manticore set? That covers the exclusive part, but again...are they just handing it over to whom ever purchases the bundle?

Edited by FlyinJapman4

Hello sorry if this is in the wrong section. Thank you for bringing Ark to PS4 for starters, I brought The Survivors Pack today for £39.99 of the UK Psn store downloaded the game logged in but didn't recieve any Armour or Gigawhatsit skin am I missing something or do I have to reach a certain lvl. If it's a bug do I send a ticket to you or Sony please again huge thanx for this awesome game.

20 hours ago, Drynin629 said:

That all sounds like such good news Jat.  With Primitive+ rolling out to PS4 later this week, will it include the fix to wall snap points and the new wall textures Ced mentioned last month?  When are these updates coming to the PC and XBONE versions as well?

Hehe already got em buddy #xbone survivor

13 hours ago, RyderrexTheOriginal said:

So when we can expect to play the Game we purchased on PS4. Servers giving me the message "Lost/timedout connection to host", not my fault. Internet works fine.

When us Xbox players first got it, that same messaged popped up for a while. You guys will just have to hang on until, at latest, about Tuesday, or the next big update. They might do a small patch for that, which they probably will, but you should, again, have it by Tuesday at latest. 

9 hours ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

And the Bionic Rex skin is equal to the Bionic Giga Skin + the entire Manticore set? That covers the exclusive part, but again...are they just handing it over to whom ever purchases the bundle?

Right now, it is just a PS4 exclusive. In the Announcement story of ARK on PS4, he commented that when the full game is released, no platform will have exclusives. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll live without the cosmetics. How do you think PC players felt when Xbox players got the Bionic Rex? Pretty pissed, if I remember the comments correctly. 

19 hours ago, OhMyDerp said:

"Optional cross-play, including PS4, should come along shortly thereafter!"

Does this mean Xbox gets the cross play with PC AND PS4 or just PC and PS4?

They are working on a Windows 10 version of the game that will be a "play anywhere" game. meaning you can buy it once on either and play on both windows 10 pc and xbox one. When that project is finished they want to enable cross play between the 2 along with w10 pc player hosted servers for xbox. 

They also have said they want to make the ps4 cross playable with the steam version of the game but havent mentioned any purchase encentives or hosting info.

TL:DR

Eventually

PS4 crossplay with Steam

Xbox crossplay with W10 PC

No Xbox to PS4 crossplay or Steam to W10