PlayStation 4 Release, Official Servers, & Primitive+ Total Conversion

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors,

As you can see the game has started to appear in some of your regions! For the European and Oceanic territories, the game will be available once it hits midnight in your timezone. North American players will get access to the game around 11AM EST on the 6th. Sorry about the time difference guys, it's just how Sony sets it all up.

As for our servers, hang tight! they'll (EU and Oceanic) will be online at approximately 08:00PM EST on Monday the 5th! Gotta keep it fair for the regions that get the game late! ;) And NA Servers will be online a little while after that. 

And don't fret about Primitive+, it's currently going through certification with PlayStation! It's already been approved in a few regions and should start rolling out from Tuesday (America) and a little later for the other regions.

In the meantime, survivors will be able to play through Single Player or Player Dedicated servers! We hope you enjoy the game and welcome to the tribe everyone!

2 hours ago, Praio77 said:

if ced is doing all work for PC, Xbox and now PS4, there will be never any fixes coming. Please put some more ppl to prim + or just let it be completed on pc, as is was planned !!!

I think you're confusing development and release reviews process.

The game code runs on the unreal engine, which builds the game for multiple platforms (PC, Xbox One and PS4), the delay between releases for each of those platforms is determined by the review process each has in place and is completely in the hands of the third parties (Valve, Microsoft and Sony).

So while yes adding more engineers may result in a more balanced development workload, it still won't mean you get the updates any faster as Wildcard do not control any part of the review process.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

I also would be interested in when the Asian Release is planned. I'm an American living in Japan and haven't had a crack at Ark since I left my gaming rig back home in the US. Finally got a PS4 and been waiting for this day for a while! Thank you guys so much for going the distance to bring it to us!

お疲れ様!!

Just wanted to say I appreciate all of the hard work WC. I have been waiting anxiously for this game on PS4 and have not been disappointed. Downloaded the game at 11AM EST remotely and was able to play when I got off work. Played for around 6 hours today and had a blast. Did not have any issues with connecting or latency; this is in stark contrast to when I played the Xbox One version way back when it came out. Also, the graphics and fps seem much more defined leading to decreased screen clipping. I must say I miss the classic menu music though along with the morning music, I will have to adjust :D

Playing on NA 322 The Center if anyone wants to join the tribe I just created. Laid back environment.

kc

Archived