Ark: Legend of the Raptor Riders

XG>Raptor Jesus

Before I post the story I just wanted to say I'm not that great of a writer. Some parts of the story may seem forced or just unnecessary(like the fear evolved chapters). This story takes place during Rockwell and Helena's life on the island. Rockwell, Helena and John Dahkeya are characters created by wildcard studios. This story is lightly based on an experience my friends and I had on Official server 63. One last thing before I continue on with the story is that The Iron Legion were not "bad" people, we just had a bad experience with them. Anyways here is the story.                                     *I will add about 5-10 new chapters every 2 weeks*

Chapter 1: The Awakening

AUSTIN

The first thing I noticed on the island was the sand on the palms of my hands. I hadn't remembered being on a beach while falling asleep, yet here I was on a sandy beach with only some underwear on. The second thing I noticed was a sharp pain in my left arm and almost screaming when I saw a sort of diamond shaped object in my wrist. I started to scratch at it until my wrist started to bleed. Realizing it wasn't coming out I stopped, standing up I walked over to the shore and looked out. Nothing, I started to walk along the coast when I saw something move in the water. Getting closer I saw what it looked like. It looked as it were a fossil, that was slowly moving across the ground underwater. “How strange” I whispered, that's when my stomach started growling. I looked over to the bushes for some sort of food, and saw a bush full of all different colored berries. I walked up to the bush and grabbed a handful of them That's when I heard something, turning around I saw a small monkey slowly inching toward me. It looked at the berries I had in my hand and made a squeaking sound. “Are you hungry” I said while handing a black and white berry toward the creature. It hissed and threw the berries into the water. Then I handed some red, blue, yellow and purple berries to the monkey and it ate them up within a few seconds. “So the black and white ones are bad” I said. I looked at the monkey and said “Would you like to come with me”. As if on cue it jumped onto my shoulder and howled. I laughed as I looked at my new friend. “I’ll call you Luke” I said as My new friend and I walked deeper into the woods.

Chapter 2: The River

PAUL

After about a week of living on the island I started to understand how to survive. I had made myself a small thatch house and tamed a carbonemys. I had one large storage bin with a spear, bow and some arrows in it. I had just tamed a dodo when I heard the screams. It sounded like somebody was getting gutted and they were being kept alive. The screams came from a small river that was near my base, I grabbed my bow and expected the worse. When I reached the river I saw a boy in it, he looked about my age and was being attacked by two sabertooth salmon. I ran to the edge and shot a fish in the head, then threw my spear into the other one. I leaped into the river and grabbed the boy kicking away more salmon. When I reached the shore I quickly made some bandages with some nearby fiber and used them to stop the bleeding. Whoever he was, they were already unconscious. About four hours later the boy lifted up his head and spoke.

“Wha-what happened” he said slowly

“You were attacked by some very hungry Salmon” I said jokingly “But you should be fine now, what your name”

“Dale”

“Well hi Dale, I'm Paul”

“What is this place” Dale said looking concerned

“Well dale, this is the Ark” I said keeping my eyes locked into his

“Why am I here” Dale said with a strange look

“I’m not sure Dale, I’m not sure”

Chapter 3: The 9th Circle

GENESIS

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST THE GIGA” I yelled

“I-I’m sorry sir, one of the tape’s got swarmed by Ants and went down. After that the giga was just, well gone” Soniquen replied with a frown

“It’s fine” I said stubbornly “I’m just upset we lost 3 good men and a tapejara”

“Also sir I have some good news and some really bad news” Souni said

“Let me hear the good news” I said

“Our scouts reported 3 new survivors that have woken up. All of them seemed around 15-16 years old.” Soniquen said with an excited expression.

“What have they done so far” I replied intrigued

“One of them saved the other from some salmon, and the other tamed a meso” He said

“Eh, they probably won't be any good fighting against the Iron Legion” I said disappointed

“But sir, we need all the soldiers we can get. Please at least give them a chance”

“Fine, I’ll send a quetz to go pick them up tomorrow” “and the bad news” I said worried

“The Iron legion has reached the.....reached the Tek Tier sir” Souni said

A chill suddenly went up my spine. “May god help us all” I said while clutching my cross.

Chapter 4: Rockwell

ROCKWELL

Running around my base I grabbed all my essentials and recipes. The Iron Legion was heading toward my island and I had to get away. I picked up the note Helena left for me so long ago and booked it downstairs. I grabbed the keys for my boat and rushed to the front door. I opened the door and saw a man dressed in a Armor I had never seen before, it glowed blue and had a metallic look to it. The man had a Gun to my head and right then and there I knew who it was.

“Aritek” I growled

“Correct” He said as he pulled the trigger

Chapter 5: New Friends

AUSTIN

I smiled as I saw a small house on the beach. I looked at luke and said

“They might have food, we might aswell ask them”

I knocked on the door and yelled

“HELLO, ANYONE HOME”

The door swung open as a boy about my age held a bow to my face. Then from behind I felt a sharp jab in my back. Turning my head I saw another boy, (once again about my age) holding a spear up to my back.

“Who are you and what do you want” the first boy said

“Im Austin and this is Luke” I said while glancing at my monkey. “And I just want to know if you have any food”

The one with the bow nodded and the boy behind me put his spear on his back.

“Well I'm Paul, and this is Dale” He said while looking at the boy behind me

“Heya” Dale said

“And yes we do have some food, come on in” Paul said

About 10 minutes later we were all drinking some nice warm soup that Paul had made.

“So when did you wake up Austin” Paul said

“About a day ago” I replied

“Same here” Said Dale “Paul saved me from some nasty salmon”

“So what is this place” I said looking at paul

“Some call it dinosaur island, some call it hell, some even call it heaven. But the most common name for it is the ark” He said

“And how and why are we here” I said

“We, we aren't really sure” paul said while glancing at the floor

“So what, people just wake up on the beach and live here” I said confused

“Yeah Kinda” Dale said

Changing the subject Paul said “So Austin do you like the soup”

“Yeah, what kind is it” I said

“It's really just made from some-

BOOM

Something happened outside that made the ground shake beneath our feet. Paul grabbed 2 spears and threw one to me.

“Use this if necessary” paul shouted as he and dale ran to the door spears in hand. We all barged out of the house and stopped in our tracks. There was a giant creature with what looked like wings sitting in front of the house. It seemed to have some sort of building on its back. That's when a door on the building opened, and out stepped a man wearing something similar to what soldiers in the military would wear.

“Come with me” the man said “Genesis would like to see you”

Chapter 6: The Attack

DALE

Paul trusted the man, me not so much. The man walked back through the door and paul followed. Paul looked toward me and Austin and said

“Guys can you go get the rest of our stuff”

“Sure c’mon Dale” Austin said

After gathering the rest of our stuff we left Pauls small house and looked upon the beast that sat in front of it. That's when I noticed something, flying through the air toward the creature was a small object. It had a slight blue glow to it. That's when it hit the back of the creature sitting in front of us. Everything after that happened fast. There was a blue flash and suddenly the building on the back of the creature caught on fire. The creature freaked out and flew off, with Paul and the man inside of it. Austin and I ran toward where it was flying when a large beam of light struck the giant beast. It made one last screech and crashed toward the ground, killing both Paul and the man. Me and Austin stood there stunned as we looked upon a fiery wreckage in the distance. Then I saw something, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone approaching us. It was somebody wearing a shiny metallic suit that was glowing blue. On his head was a helmet that looked like something an astronaut would wear except it was closely fitted to his head. Inside the glass casing I could make out a face of what looked to be a man in his late twenties. He had a large scar going through his eye and was smiling.

“Sorry about your friend” he said with a smirk “But I just REALLY wanted to kill that quetzal rider.”

“Who the hell are you” Austin yelled “And why did you kill Paul”

“Sorry boys but your friend was in the wrong place at the wrong time” He said giggling a bit.

“Now i'm going to give you kids a 30 second head start, but if I get you. You die” he said. Austin and I booked it right there and then. We ran into the forest and hid behind some old ruins that were covered in moss. Then Austin started freaking out.

“Where’s luke” Austin said with a horrid look on his face.

“I’m sure he’s fine” I whispered “We’ll go back and look for him once this maniac stops chasing us.

Then I saw it, the man was standing there with Austin's monkey in his hand.

“Now come out or the little guy gets it” the man yelled. Austin started to get up and I looked at him. I shook my head and he sat back down. The man started counting

He stopped for a second after one and said

“Well I guess a promise is a promise” and he slowly tore the monkey's head off. I looked at Austin and there was a tear running down his cheek

“You’ll pay for this” he whispered.

Chapter 7: The Giga Laser

VASMIRE

“And the Quetz was shot down by a giga laser” Soniquen said

“What the heck is a giga laser” I replied

With a serious look Soniquen said “It’s a helmet that gets placed on the head of a Giganotosaurus. It shoots a concentrated beam of energy and obliterates anything anything it touches.”

“Huh, I thought gigas were strong enough even without laser beams” I said

“But that's not even the scary thing, we saw Arietek and he was wearing tek armor”

“Oh..... Does that mean he killed the other two” I said

Soniquen looked at me and said “No, they got away. I saw them run into the woods, then later some of our scouts scouts saw them at the Arkoholics anonymous base”  “I’m sending some ground troops to go pick them up, and maybe even convince the AA’s to join the fight against the Iron Legion.”

“Well good luck” I said “I’ll keep watch on the walls and you can call me on the radio later”

“Sure, see ya later Vas”

“Yeah, see ya”

As Soni walked away I noticed something, hovering above some ruins a fair distance from the walls of the facility was a black pteranodon and on top of it was a man, this man was wearing black tinted riot armor. We locked eyes for about 1 second and then he flew off.

Chapter 8: The prisoner

ROCKWELL  

“Wha-What, I’m alive” I said to myself, looking around only to see darkness. That's when a sharp pain erupted in my shoulder, I looked over and within the darkness a saw a bandage that was covered in blood. So that's where he shot me I thought. I tried to move my arms and legs but couldn't, I noticed I was wearing handcuffs around my arms and legs. Dang it I thought to myself, then the light turned on. The room I was in looked similar to an Interrogation room that would be found back on earth. That's when an all too familiar man walked into the room through a door located on the side. It was him, Aritek. As he sat down I noticed the scar on his face, I smiled and said

“Like that scar Helena gave you” He smiled and said

“Well that's what we are going to talk about today, where is she”

“I don't know Arietek, shes gone”

“Well we both know that's a lie” he said, growing angrier

“Why do you even want her. You’ve seen all her dossiers, there's no reason for you to have her”

“BECAUSE SHE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS ENCOUNTERED THE DODOREX AND THE DODO-WYVERN” he yelled

“I don't know what your talking about” I slowly said

He looked at me and smiled, then reaching for his pocket he said

“Well let's have a little fun shall we, maybe you’ll remember after this” As he pulled out a small dagger.

Chapter 9: Fear Evolved

AUSTIN

Dale and I sat in a small room without any windows, in front of us was a desk at which a man sat. His name was Andy and He was the leader of a small tribe called the Arkoholics Anonymous that had found us about 4 hours after the man killed luke, paul and that man. Andy told us everything. The man in the glowing suits name was Arietek and he was the leader of a tribe that called themselves the iron legion. They lived on an island north of the Ark, this island was dubbed Death island due to the fact that before the Iron legion lived there it was full of carnivores. The iron legions plan was simple, they wanted control of the Ark and everyone on it. But the 9th circle wouldn't let that happen, they’ve been fighting for about 10 years now. Just recently the Iron legion has discovered the Tek Tier, a technology closest to the 3 obelisks that float at the edges of the island.

“Obelisks?” I had asked

“You haven't seen them” Andy said.

“No” I said

“I’ve seen them” dale said “They just float in place, never moving. It looks as they were made from some advanced civilization.”

“Well we have no idea what they are” Andy explained “But that's not what we are here for, you see the 9th circle has sent a request that you two join their forces to take down Arietek.”

Me and Dale looked at each other. We both nodded and I said

“He killed my monkey, he killed paul, if he is as awful as you say he is. Then Dale and I would be happy to join the fight.” Dale nodded and said

“Paul saved my life, it would only be fair if I assisted in taking Arietek’s.”

“Heh, maybe my tribe will join the-

That's when I heard something, a faint howl, almost non-existent but still there. I had looked toward Andy to ask what that was. But when I looked at Andy he was pale white, like he had seen the most horrifying thing ever.

“Wh-What is it” Dale said.

Ignoring dale’s question Andy ran to the window and looked out. When he did a horrid look appeared on his face. Whatever he saw made him throw up.

“WHAT IS IT” Dale yelled. Slowly Andy turned around and said

“F-Fear has begun”

Chapter 10: The Journey

VASMIRE

Fear, a strange thing it is. You can never truly understand it until you see it on somebody else’s face. We were halfway to the Arkoholics anonymous’s base when I heard the howl. When I heard it my blood ran cold. About 3 seconds after the howl the Paracer had stopped. I slowly stepped outside to see that my fears were true. Looking toward the moon I saw it.

“Bloodmoon” I whispered

Looking down toward my team Which consisted of 3 Kapro Riders, 3 Allo’s with 1 person riding the alpha, 4 Terror Bird riders, 5 people that had no mounts and the 10 or so people on the Paracer) I looked over to soniquen who was controlling the paracer. He had a look of utter terror on his face. I yelled

“COME ON EVERYONE, IF WE STAY STILL WE ARE GOING TO BECOME WEREWOLF CHOW OR DODOREX FOOD” That had seemed to get everyone moving. The reason everyone was scared was because of an event dubbed Fear by everyone on the island. Fear only seems to happen every 10 or so years and goes on for about a week, sometimes longer. During Fear it stays nighttime and the moon turns a dark red. The trees leaves also change color from green to a light orange. Pumpkins also start growing just about everywhere. But the reason people are scared of this event is because of the creatures that appear. Werewolves, vampires, zombies and the Dodorex. The latter of which is thought to be invincible and has only been seen by one person, Helena. But everyone is scared of it regardless. Walking back into the mobile base I sat down. I closed my eyes hoping I would be awoken by us arriving at the Arkoholics base. Instead I was awoken by a bloodcurdling scream. Running out of the mobile base I saw one of the unmounted troops being attacked by a zombie. How the heck is there already a zombie I thought. Looking at it I saw it was only wearing underwear. Noticing this I realized it must’ve been someone who had just woken up. I looked at the man being attacked and yelled

“DON’T LET IT BITE YOU” The man looked toward me.

“PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIE, I DON'T WANT TO DIE” he yelled as the creature took a chunk out of his arm

Chapter 11: The escape

ROCKWELL

Sitting in a chair, bruised and covered in cuts. Arietek sat across from me, growing angrier.

“Why won't you tell me where she is” He said with a hateful look on his face.

“Because I made a promise” I said in pain.

That's when we heard the howl, a grin slowly grew on my face. Arietek started laughing but stopped when he noticed my wounds healing.

“Wha-What the hell” He said

“Did I forget to mention, that something happened to be during last fear” I said now, fully healed.

“WHAT ARE YOU” Arietek screamed. I looked at him and said,

“Your worst nightmare” As I broke my chains holding me down. I felt my fangs growing in once again, my superhuman strength had returned and I was ready to kill Arietek. As I leaped toward him he booked it. Running out the only door in the room he pulled a switch that turned an alarm on. Realizing it wasn't worth it I ran down the opposite hall. I started to turn into an onyc, arms turning into wings, face turning into the one of a bat. My final form was about as big as a adult Allosaurus. Breaking out of the facility I flew into the night sky. Looking back on the iron legions base I saw Arietek watching me from a watchtower. After about an hour of flying I had returned to my base. I landed and turned back into human form, I fell to my knees as I saw my base, my home in complete ruins. A tear went down my eye as I stood back up. I ran over to what was left of my house and pulled open a floor board. I smiled as I gazed upon the Artifact of the pack.

“They didn't find it” I whispered

Chapter 12: The Arrival

DALE

Andy had told us everything about fear and we were utterly terrified. Andy had told us to go tell the other tribe-members to get people up on the walls for guarding purposes. After we spread Andy's’ command that's when we heard someone yell

“The 9th circles here.” That's when the gates of the compound opened, a large creature stepped in with around 10 or so people on it. The thing looked like a huge donkey with a long neck, it also had one of the buildings on its back that the huge bird did. Behind it was 3 people riding what looked to be Alligators with long legs, 4 people riding some sort of bird, 3 creatures much bigger than us and there was a man riding one of them and 4 people who weren't riding anything. Andy came outside and was smiling. “He was almost in tears a few minutes ago” I had thought. That's when a man and a kid about Austin and I’s age stepped down from the large donkey-thing.

“Andy it's been too long” The older man had said

“Yeah, it's been what 4 years” Andy responded while hugging the man.

The boy our age walked toward us and said.

“Hi, my names Vasmire”

“Hello Vas, I’m Dale’ I responded

“And i'm Austin” Austin said

“It’s amazing to finally meet you guys, most people who encounter Arietek don't live to tell the tale.” Vas had said

“Well it definitely was a horrifying experience.” I said

Vas looked at us and said softly

“Well I have a feeling fear is going to be worse, Just 30 minutes back we had lost one of our troops to a zombie. Darn thing ran out of the woods and pounced him.Took a chunk out of his arm, we had to shoot both of them before any more casualties happened.

“I-I’m sorry” i said

“It's ok” Vas replied “Just shocking, but anyway we don't want to keep the 9th Circle waiting. Get on the Paracer and we’ll go.”

Chapter 13: The City

AUSTIN

Due to some issues while traveling towards the base it took 5 days instead of just a few hours. Because of this delay Fear had ended before we made it to the base. 4 people were killed during the trek back. All mauled by a werewolf. When fear ended everyone was relieved that it had finally passed and also happy that we were nearing base. What I saw when I arrived was something I thought I could only dream of. I saw massive walls of what looked to be 40 feet tall. There was a giant gate that was as tall as the walls themselves, along the sides were more gates, smaller than the first yet still huge. Entering through one of the smaller ones I saw an amazing sight. Hundreds of people were there going about their daily lives almost as if they didn't know they were on an island populated with extinct creatures. There were even kids running around on a street. I saw a small girl putting a bow tie on a dodo-bird, a young boy was feeding a seagull. There were people in line for what looked to be a Coffee shop. Vasmire told Dale and I to explore the city and he would catch up to us later. As we walked around we saw park's, petting zoo’s, office buildings and then we came upon a large field fenced off with animals of all different sizes inside. An old man saw us and approached.

“Why hello there” He said with a smile

“Hello, Im Austin and this is Dale”

“Hi” Dale said

“And I’m Joeseph” the old man said “I see you’ve taken interest in the dino pasture”

“Yeah, what is this place” Dale said

“This is where we raise creatures that are used for war, resources and pets for the kids, we have just about every creature that exists on the island. There is only 1 we don't have roaming these fields.”

“What creatures are those.” I replied

“Giganotosaurus” John said

“Whats a Giganotosaurus?” I asked

John looked at me and said

“You don't want to know”

Chapter 14: The Giganotosaurus

AUSTIN

After 4 months of being stuck on this Island I finally started to understand the basics of survival. The 9th circle had taught us everything we needed to know about the island. We learned about the different areas of the island, the caves, the underwater areas, the redwoods, snow biome and the swamp. We thought everything was going perfect, that is until the incident happened. Dale, Soniquen, Vas and I were going on a scouting mission. We had arrived at a large open field to find some animals to tame. We had landed our Tapejara’s and had found a nice strong looking Stegosaurus that we were going to tame. That's when it arrived. We heard a sound that was almost what you would imagine a nuclear explosion to sound like. Suddenly tearing out of the trees was a beast unimaginably huge, the creature ran across the plains and tore the stego in half within seconds. I looked at soniquen and said

“What the hell is that thing”

“THATS A GIGA” Soniquen said while mounting the tape. “COME ON WE HAVE TO GO”. Each Tape could only fit 3 people so vas got on one all alone. That's when I saw it. The giga was running at us. Dale, Soniquen and I all flew off. Looking back I saw something so horrible that I almost threw up. The Giga had snatched Vasmire’s tape and had killed the poor creature. Then there was Vas. He laid there unconscious, for a moment I thought the giga had not seen him. But I was wrong.

Chapter 15: The Gunshot

VASMIRE

“What happened?” I said as I slowly started to gain consciousness. I hadn't remembered the events of just a few seconds ago until I opened my eyes. Looking up I saw it, the Giga was leaning its head in towards me. I started to try and crawl away but a sharp pain made me stop. I looked at my leg and I saw some bone sticking out. Looking at the Giga I started to notice its features. It was an albino Giga that seemed a bit bigger than ones I had seen before. That's when I actually realized what was about to happen. Im dead, there's no way I’m getting out of this alive I thought. Realizing this I had begun to cry. The Giga leaned its head in, opened its mouth and-

BOOM, Gunshot

BOOM, Another gunshot

Suddenly a rain of bullets began to hit the Giga, looking at where they were coming from I saw Dale, Austin and Soniquen on the Tape and raining bullets on the Giga. It let out a mighty roar and tried to bite at the Tape. Missing the bite it roared again and started to chase them as they led it towards a cliff. The beast was so enraged it did not notice the cliffedge the last thing I saw of the Giga was it falling and it making a loud whining sound. My group returned and came up to me.

“Vas are you okay” Austin said

“Other than my broken bone I pretty sure i'm fine”

Soniquen looked towards the cliff and said.

“Let's get you guys back home, the Giga took a massive injury but I can confirm it is most certainly not dead. It will come back here and when it does we need to be gone.”

“Okay, let's get home” I said.

Chapter 16: Judith

DALE

Vas owned a house located in the pasture. It was a average two story house and had a small farm next to it. For about 3 days I had taken to walking in the wide open fields and looking at some of the amazing creatures that the 9th circle had tamed. I was walking alone because Austin had taken charge of watching Vas and making sure he didn't do anything stupid until his leg healed. About 30 minutes of walking I noticed a small baby Tyrannosaurus following me. It had a violet tint to it had had emerald eyes. Almost if on cue joseph walked up to me and said.

“Ah, I see that Judith has taken a liking to you.”  

“Is that her name, Judith?”

“Yes, she was hatched just a few days ago. Sadly her mom died from a surprise attack from Arietek. Now Judith is all alone.”

“I could take care of her, if that would help.” I said

“Wait, Really” Joe said “I mean it would really help but, she's a trex. Are you sure you can handle it”?

“I can try, and it looks as if she already likes me so that would help”.

“Thank you Dale, and please take good care of her”

“I will” I said looking over to my new friend Judith.

Chapter 17: Origins

ARIETEK

“Son, stay inside and whatever happens don't make a sound” my father had said

My dad had grabbed his shotgun and ran outside. A baryonyx had wandered into our village and had began killing people. My dad ran out and started shooting at the beast. It had killed him almost instantly. That's when I saw my older brother Gen running out of our back door.

“GEN” I yelled “COME BACK”

He looked back at me with a look of horror in his eye, then Gen ran. Leaving me alone. I never had a mother, now I had lost both my Father and my brother.

Chapter 18: The egg

VASMIRE

I lay there in my bed stunned, shocked and terrified. It had only been a week since the incident with the Giganotosaurus and it was still burned into my mind. My leg was still healing and I most likely would not be able to leave the bed for the next few weeks. Austin had been taking care of me for the last week. Dale was currently on a scouting mission with Soniquen. Austin had just walked upstairs when I heard Judith start making excited roars.

“Dale must be back” I said to Austin

“Yeah i’ll go get him” Austin replied heading back downstairs. About 2 minutes later Austin came up holding a large egg that was a tanish color, following him was Dale and Soniquen.

“We found an Allosaurus egg a few clicks away from base and since Austin wanted one we snatched it” Dale said. Then soniquen said

“We also have something for you Vas.” That's when I noticed a small furrball that Soniquen had cupped in his hands. It look at me and squeaked.

“It's a Terror-Bird, he was born just 30 minutes ago and we would like you to have him.”

“Really?” I said surprised. “Awesome I’ve never had a terror bird before”

Soniquen put the small T-bird in my lap, It tried to stand up but kept falling down. Then Soniquen said

“Austin, there’s something I need to talk to you about. Come downstairs this needs to be private, Dale you stay with Vasmire.” We thought it was strange that he only wanted to talk with Austin but we didn't question it. After 5 minutes of me and Dale cracking up whenever the T-bird flopped on its face we heard something LOUD. An alarm had gone off. Suddenly Austin was in the room, he had a terrified look on his face.

“Austin what is it” I asked.

“We have to leave, Arietek is coming and he’s bringing an army. Soniquen told me to go find a man named Edmund Rockwell, he is our last hope in defeating Arietek.

Chapter 19: The alarm

AUSTIN

Soniquen had taken me downstairs to talk about the Allo egg he had found for me. Then everything went wrong, in the middle of our conversation we were interrupted by Soni’s radio going off. On the other end was a man that was screaming bloody murder. Soniquen told him to shut up and tell him whats going on. The man who was still shaken said

“Soni get every guard you can on the front wall.”

“Why” Soni said

“Because Arietek is coming, he has hundreds of creatures, men and weapons with him. They are about to attack the city”

Soni looked at me then pressed a button on the wall. After 5 seconds of him holding on to it an alarm sounded throughout the compound. Looking at me he said

“You and your friends need to leave, take a quetzal from the aviary and leave. Go to the island that's in the south east of the Ark. There you will meet a man named Edmund Rockwell, he is now our last hope in defeating Arietek. NOW GO!” Running upstairs I told my friends what was happening. We quickly got Vas into a wheelchair, put Vas’s T-bird in a cage, grabbed my Allo egg and put Judith on a chain leash. We headed to the aviary as quickly as possible and grabbed the nearest quetzal. As we flew off I saw the attack begin. One of the giant stone gateways had fallen and a giga was running through the hole in the wall. Behind it were soldiers, dinosaurs and all sorts of other creatures. We could hear the screams from the air. Buildings crumbled, people butchered and there was nothing we could do. At that moment I had lost hope.

“We’ve lost” I said

Chapter 20: The Raid

GENESIS

“Oh my god”

The alarm had sounded, that could only mean one thing, a raid. I grabbed my rifle and ran outside of my home. Looking up I saw a lone quetz flying away. To my right was a thyloceo killing a woman. I shot the marsupial in the head and started to head to the underground bunker. Suddenly blocking my path was a Therizinosaurus, it started to run at me and I took a sharp left into the backyards of the houses. That was a mistake. Standing in the backyard of the house was a megalania. The big lizard immediately charged at me and I shot it. Running past its corpse I noticed something behind me. It was the dang therizino, looking back at it I got a few shots in but the feathery monster didn't care. I took another sharp turn and luckily for me the therizino couldn't make the turn and crashed into a wall. After dodging the various creatures the iron legion had let into the city I made it to the Bunker. Soniquen was already there and was helping the remaining civilians get safely into the bunker. When everyone got in the bunker me and Soni started to shoot at the hoards of creatures that were charging at the safezone. We decided that it would be best to get into the bunker now, but before we could two bolas came out of nowhere and knocked me and Soni down. That's when Arietek showed himself. Walking towards the door he threw a tek grenade into the bunker and closed the doors. I heard the sound of screams, then I heard a explosion and then silence.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THAT, THOSE WERE INNOCENT CIVILIANS” I yelled at Arietek. Ignoring my question he kneeled down and smiled.

“Hello brother” he said with a smirk.

Chapter 21: The assassin

AUSTIN

After hours of flying towards the southeastern island we landed on a small cliffside, everyone in the group needed rest and from the looks of things we were in the clear. Nobody from the Iron legion had followed us. Dale got a campfire ready and started to sing. After 2 minutes of singing Dale started to cry, Vas started to cry as well.

“Why did that have to happen” Vas said

“Because Arietek doesn't care about how people feel” I said

“I just hope Rockwell can help us defeat him” Dale said, wiping the tears from his face.

“Well let's get some rest, we should be there by tomorrow evening” vas said

After everyone had fallen asleep I decided to take a walk, I wanted to cry but didn't, I had to be stay strong and keep my composure. I sat down on a fallen tree and started to stare at my implant.

“What are you” I said

Suddenly I heard a branch snap from behind me. Turning around I saw a man. He was wearing full riot gear and next to him stood a pitch black pteranodon. The man smiled and dropped a card on the ground. Then he hopped on his ptera and flew off. Walking over to the card I picked it up. It had a strange symbol on the front and under it read. Sayuns Assassinations. If you need someone dead then I’m your man, but I don't work for free. If you are interested then shoot off a light blue flare. I'm expecting that I will see you soon....

Chapter 22: The boys

ROCKWELL

Why the hell is there a Quetzal flying straight towards my base I thought as I grabbed my gun. Running outside and aiming at the large flying creature I noticed something. The 9th circles symbol was painted on the side of the building the quetz was carrying. Putting down my gun I waved towards the quetz. As it landed I noticed that I didn't recognize the boy flying the quetzal. He jumped off and opened a door at the back of the quetz. Two more kids exited the building. One of them in a wheelchair, the other had a small violet T-rex on a leash. As they walked over to me the boy in the wheelchair said

“A-Are you Edmund Rockwell”

“Yes, Yes I am. Let me guess the 9th circle wants to know if I have any more recipes available.” The boy in the wheelchair looked at me worryingly and said

“There isn't a 9th circle anymore. Two days ago they got attacked, Arietek led an army into the facility and killed just about everyone. Before we escaped Soniquen told us to find you, said that you were our last hope in defeating Arietek.”

“Oh-Oh my god” I said “Come on inside, I'll make some food then you can tell me everything.”

As I led the boys inside I looked up and noticed something. In the distance was a black pteranodon, with a man in black riot gear riding it.

Chapter 23: The Suit

VASMIRE

Mr. Rockwell told us to sit and wait at a small table in the front room of his base. After 5 minutes of waiting he came back with 3 bowls full of soup for all of us and some cooked meat. He gave me something called Enduro Stew and after finishing it I noticed I could feel my legs again. I looked down and my leg which had been utterly destroyed was now normal. All of the pain had vanished. I looked at Rockwell and as if he knew what I was thinking he nodded. I stood up, Austin and Dale were shocked at my sudden ability to walk.

“The soups I’ve given you had special attributes allowing the body to heal at incredible rates” Rockwell said.

“Thats freaking amazing” Austin said

“Now boys you told me that Soniquen told you that I was your last hope in defeating Arietek. So follow me and I’ll show you why.” We followed him through a hallway and we stopped at the end of it. Pulling out a keypad Rockwell pressed a few buttons and the wall opened.

“I’ve had to take some security measures since I was kidnapped last Fear by Arietek. He destroyed my old base and took just about everything. Now all my important stuff is behind this wall Inaccessible to Arietek.”

He led us down a long flight of stairs to a huge room. Inside the room were early versions of the Tek tier and at the back of the room was a full Tek Suit.  

“This is the reason I’m our last hope in defeating Arietek” Rockwell said “But there's one problem”

“What is it” Austin said

“I'm missing two resources required for the suit to function as Arieteks does. Element and Black Pearls”

“What are those” I said

“Black pearls are found on Eurypterids at the bottom of the ocean. Element on the other hand is a bit harder to come by.”

“And why is that” Dale asked

“Well you see element is found in small pocket dimensions that are only accessible when all 8 artifacts are brought to the tribute terminals at an obelisk. But these pocket dimensions are home to ultimate life forms. The Broodmother, Megapithecus and the Dragon. These creatures are almost unstoppable as they possess unimaginable strength and power.” Rockwell said

“So how did Arietek get element” I asked

“Thats what im trying to figure out, there's an old saying When an Ultimate Life Form dies it’s statue crumbles. I think if I figure out what that means I will be able to get element.”

“So what now” Austin asked

“You can stay here until we figure out something else, I have a pen where your Rex and terror bird can stay. We’ll also see about hatching that Allo egg”

“Thank you so much Edmund, I promise we will make it up to you”

“As long as you kids are safe, Arietek can't take any more innocent lives”

Chapter 24: The Raptor Riders

AUSTIN

4 Days later

“KIRK, GET UP” Edmund yelled. Opening my eyes I couldn't see anything, I looked over to the digital clock and saw that it was only 2:00 in the morning.

“Rockwell why the hell did you wake me up at 2:00 in the morning” I said

“Yeah what gives” Dale said while sluggishly getting out of bed

“THE ALLO EGG IS HATCHING” Rockwell yelled excitedly.

Vas, Dale and I all almost instantly sprung out of bed and followed rockwell outside. We all ran towards the Allo egg which was shaking violently. Vasmire’s Terror Bird was watching us while laying next to Judith, who was in a deep sleep. As we approached the egg a piece of the shell broke off, then another, and another. Until the whole top half of the egg was broken off. Inside the egg were not one, but 3 Allosaurus.

“Triplets” Rockwell said as he walked closer toward them. He kneeled down and shined his implant over them.

“There's two females and one male” he said. I thought for a moment and then said their names.

“Ellie, El and Al” I said smiling. Rockwell picked them up and brought them over towards Judith and the T-bird. I smiled as I saw my three allos start to play with the T-bird. Rockwell came up to us and said

“Since that's out of the way there is something else i’ve been meaning to bring up. Since the 9th circle was raided you kids are tribeless so I was thinking that you boys should create a tribe and if you don't mind, allow me to join it.

“That is true” Vas said “We aren't a part of the 9th circle anymore”

“But what would we call ourselves” Dale said

“I know” I said “From here on out we shall be known as the raptor riders”

Chapter 25: The Terminal

DALE: 1 year later

“Bishop Catch” Vas said as he threw a frisbee towards his Terror Bird. Bishop caught it and ran back over to vas, tripping and falling on him. I laughed as the T-bird tried to get up but kept falling on vas. I looked over towards Austin who was giving his Allo’s a bath in the clear blue water that surrounded herbivore island. It had been a good year for us, Arietek hadn't shown himself since the raid and we had helped rockwell expand his base. We still had not found any source of element other than the pocket dimensions but we figured out what it looked like. Every week we took the Quetz out and went on a metal run, today just happened to be that day. Austin finished up bathing his Allo’s then he came over.

“You ready” He said

“Yep, let me just grab the journeyman pickaxe” We told Vasmire our farewells and headed off.

“Hey Dale, you think the Obelisk has any metal beneath it” Austin said

“I don't know, why don't we see for ourselves” I said with a grin. 30 minutes later we arrived at the Red obelisk and landed the quetz. Looking around we could see that there was no metal but there was something strange. Sitting there underneath the obelisk was a metal pillar with a button that was shaped like the implants everyone on the island had. Austin and I looked at each other and nodded. Walking up to the pillar I slowly put my implant on the button and almost instantly regretted it. When my implant met the button I saw a image of sand in my head, lots of it. Then it stopped.

“Austin did yo-Austin?” He was gone.

“Hey Austin stop fooling around there's something strange going on here” Still no answer. Getting worried I started to scream his name.

“AUSTIN”

He was gone.

Chapter 26: Heat

AUSTIN

“What the hell” I said as I was suddenly in a desert. I turned around and instead of seeing the quetzal I saw some sort of camel drinking some water.

“DALE” I yelled

No response. Suddenly a voice I didn't recognize spoke up

“I'm not Dale but I could probably help you” Turning around I saw a girl about my age walking up to me. She had blue hair and was wearing a type of armor I didn't recognize.

“Hi, my names Alex” She said

“My names Austin” I said

“Ok Austin, this might sound crazy but you’ve woken up on a place called the Ark. This desert is home to all sorts of”

“Look Alex” I said interrupting her “All I want to know is how to get back to my Ark”

“Your Ark” she asked

“Yeah, I'm from an island that is home to all sorts of extinct species”

“So there is other Arks” she said “Ok, my tribe leader should be able to get you back home. Here I’ll take you back to my base and you can talk to her”

“Thanks” I said

Then she reached for a canteen that was strapped on her waist.

“Here” she said handing the canteen to me “It's about to get a whole lot hotter.

Chapter 27: The long haul

AUSTIN

“Your lucky I was at the obelisk when I was” Alex said “You probably would’ve been killed by a Deathworm”

“Deathworm” I asked

“They hide underneath the ground and jump out when they sense prey” Alex responded

“I bet I could have handled a little worm” I said mockingly

“What about a worm the size of a train that can swallow you whole” Alex said. That shut me up for awhile. We walked for a few hours before I started to get thirsty, I pulled the canteen out and drank from it.

“So what's your Ark like” Alex asked

“It's basically a tropical island surrounded by an ocean. Theres also a maniac that's trying to take over the island. His name is Arietek and he’s almost unstoppable” I said

“Oh, that sounds horrible. Hey, maybe my tribe can give you some of the creatures from the desert”

“Thanks” I said smiling “That would be great” Just after saying that a man walked out from behind a rock. He looked at alex and smiled

“Hey, Alexis” He said with a terrible grin “Looking good as always”

“Get out of here perv” Alex said “and it's Alex, get it right”

“Look honey I’m just here for the weekly shipment of hide your supposed to deliver” the man said

“We already gave you the hide for this week John” Alex said “So screw off”

“Well, Raia wants more and you're going to deliver or else things are going to get real ugly real quick”

he said as he pulled a gun out of his pocket. Then something happened, there was a sound of pain and flesh being ripped. Sticking out of the man's chest was some sort of claw. As soon as it happened Alex looked at me and screamed

“RUN” We both ran as quickly as possible from whatever was killing that man, turning around I saw what looked to be a giant praying mantis ripping its arm out of the man and proceeding to eat him.

“What the hell was that” I said

“Mantis” Alex said “If we stayed there we would have met the same fate as John”

“Good thing we left then” I said. We stopped running and started to walk again, and that's when I saw Alex’s base. It was made out of a material that I didn't recognize and had what looked to be a two story building inside the walls. Next to the base was a huge nest with what looked to be dragons in it.

“Are those, Dragons” I said surprised

“Wyverns” She said “But close enough. Now how about I introduce you to my tribe's leader”

Chapter 28: Mistakes

DALE

“So he just vanished” Rockwell said confused

“Yes, after I touched the pillar and saw a desert he was gone” I said

“Wait, a desert” Rockwell said, looking at me with a horrid look

“Yeah, I saw a desert when I touched the pillar” I said

“Oh poop” Rockwell said “If he’s in the desert that means-poop. We need to go get him”

“Wait how can we find him” I said

“Same way he got there in the first place, we activate the terminal” Rockwell replied. He looked towards Vas and said

“Vasmire, get the quetzal ready. We leave in 5”

Half an hour later we were back at the terminal. Rockwell threw me a rifle and threw a compound bow over to Vas. He walked up to the terminal and slammed his implant on the button. Almost instantly our surroundings changed and formed into a sandy wasteland. Rockwell looked at me and Vas and said

“Welcome to the Scorched Earth”

Chapter 29: Helena

AUSTIN

As Alex and I walked up to her base another girl walked outside. She was also about my age and had blonde hair.

“Alex” she said “What did I tell you about bringing back people that just woke up”

“Laura he didn't just wake up, he came from another Ark” Alex said glancing at me.

“Wait what, There’s other Arks” Laura asked questionably.

“I guess so” I said “One second I was on my Ark and the next I was in this desert”

“I thought Helena could help him get back home” Alex said

“Well ok, let's go see her” Laura responded. We walked into the compound and into the building. After walking up a set of stairs we entered a room that had war maps on the walls and weapons strewn across the floor. In a chair in the far corner of the room was a woman that looked to be in her late 20’s. She was sharpening a sword when Laura spoke up.

“Helena, we have someone from another Ark”. Helena put the sword down and got up.

“Oh really, what's your Ark like” Helena asked

“My Ark is an Island” I said

“But what kind of island, I need details” She said pulling out a notepad

“Well it has a snow biome in the North, a Redwood forest in the center and there's a crazy warlord named”

“Arietek” She said interrupting me

“Yeah” I said “How did you know”

“Well you see, I used to be from your Ark. Then I wound up in the desert, leaving Rockwell, the 9th circle and everyone behind. But I would have figured by now the 9th circle would have taken Arietek down.”

“I'm sorry but, there's no longer a 9th circle” I said to her

“What” she said confused

“Around a year ago Arietek attacked the 9th circle, killing just about everyone” I said

“But how” she said “He never was powerful enough”

“That's the thing, Arietek reached the Tek Tier”. She looked at me stunned. Then she grabbed the sword she put down and said

“Girls get ready, we are going to the island, and we are going to make sure that DireWolf Arietek gets what he deserves.”

Chapter 30: Road to the Island

AUSTIN

We almost had no time to react. As Helena made her little victory speech something big went through the base. Rubble flew everywhere and a cloud of dust flew up. When I came back into consciousness the base was almost all destroyed. I saw Helena and Laura lying outside, I turned around to see Alex stuck in some rubble. I pulled Alex out of the rubble and led her outside. Laura and Helena were just waking up and we helped them to their feet. Suddenly the earth shook and something big shot out of the ground.

“DEATHWORM” Helena shouted as the creature killed one of the wyverns. The worm shot back into the ground just to emerge under the base again, destroying what was left. Then I heard a roar, in the distance was a Tyrannosaurus running towards the worm. The T-rex collided with the worm, tearing into its flesh. Suddenly a Terror bird jumped from out of nowhere and scarred the worm in the back. It took me a second to realise but both the creatures had riders, that's when it hit me. It was Dale and Vas with Judith and Bishop. The worm tried to make a getaway but before it could dive back under the sand Judith charged into its side, the worm fell over and died. Suddenly I saw our quetzal fly towards the ruined base. As it landed Rockwell jumped off of the Quetzal and walked towards me. He looked at me and said

“Kirk, we came to rescue you”

I ignored rockwell and walked past him towards Dale.

“Hey Austin, looks like-” dale said as I punched him in the gut

“That's for sending me here” I said

“Fair enough” He said while wincing. I looked at him and said

“But this is for coming back to save me” I said as I hugged him.

“Hey don't I get a hug” Vas said

“Oh get in here” I yelled at him. After our reunion hug I turned around to see Rockwell and Helena talking

“So this is where you ran off to” Rockwell said

“Well not really, I kinda came here on accident like kirk did”

“So what now” Rockwell said

“Well seeing as my base was destroyed by a worm I guess I have to come back with you” Helena said

“But” Rockwell stuttered

“Look Edmund, I heard what Arietek did and I want to do everything I can to help” she said. Edmund sighed and said

“Ok, just let the Quetz rest for a minute.” Helena walked towards the side of the base and picked up a strange looking egg and a large rock. I walked towards her and said

“What are those”

“Well these eggs are for hatching wyverns, and the rock will eventually turn into a rock elemental” she said

“Rock elemental” I asked

“Rock elementals are creatures made from stone and flesh, they are also one of the strongest creatures in the desert” she said

“I swear the longer i'm here the weirder things get” I said

“Tell me about it, there are some crazies out here that pray to the obelisks like they are gods” she said

“That's weird” I said

“Well religion is weird” she said “It's much easier to live on the Ark as an atheist like myself.” Overhearing our conversion Dale came over and said

“Ok if you're an atheist then how are the arks possible”

“Aliens” Helena said with a Grin.

“Ok everyone” Rockwell yelled “Let's go.” Everyone crowded into the back of the Quetzal and we took off. Judith and Bishop following on the ground under us. After flying for what seemed like forever we finally arrived at the obelisk. We all crowded around the terminal and Rockwell said

“Well Austin, take us back”

“How” I said

“Just think of the island and put your implant on the pillar” Rockwell said. I stepped forward and lifted my arm. I thought of home, the cool breeze of the ocean, herbivore island, rockwell manor, Arietek. I opened my eyes and looked at me tribe mates, no my friends Dale, Vas, Edmund, Alex, Laura and Helena. “Here we go” I said as I slammed my implant on the pillar.

*more chapters to come*

Archived